Author Topic: William (Billy) Hall (August 1967) Port Credit  (Read 6415 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
William (Billy) Hall (August 1967) Port Credit
« on: February 12, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
William (Billy) Hall , his partially decomposed  body was found in the bush,  on the second concession  of   Manvers Township , on Monday July31 at 4 pm , 1967 by a surveyor .Shot through the head and laying there about 2 weeks .Left his place of residence in Port Credit, to look for work on the tobacco farms .(lived with an older brother and his family )

Logical

• View Profile
Re: William (Billy) Hall (August 1967) Port Credit
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
http://images.ourontario.ca/Partners/ClaPL/CLaPL002715571pf_0002.pdf

Here is a newspaper clipping with a little more Info, he was just 17.

Rosemarie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
wow...thank you for the newspaper clipping .There is very few pictures of my brother but that is how I remember him .When I was 11 years old.(last time I seen him in Cape Breton )He was killed less than a year later. Wish we could find out who he went looking for work with him  , to the tobacco farms back in July 19th , 1967 . Suppose to be 2 guys. One we think ,may have been aguy that   was from Port Credit area and originally born in Nova Scotia, that was a strong possibility , by family back then.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:05:29 PM by Rosemarie »

Rosemarie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:04:37 PM »
Hey, can any one tell me, is there a way to find out if some one is still doing time in prison or released? Checking on the idea that my brother's killer is doing time for other crime or murders .If you knew of a prison he may have gone to... is their a way to find out , if the said person was there.
 Thank you
Rosemarie

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:29 PM »
Doesn't it look like he was shot and killed for his car?  Perhaps he picked up hitchhikers?

jb

Rosemarie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »
Our brother's cold case file was activated again in June 2015. I wil post a link to the first story put out by The Kawartha This Week and also the link to the new Reward  of 50, 000.00 by the OPP ..posted on their site around the 14th or 15th of April .

http://www.mykawartha.com/news-story/6378960-opp-working-to-get-closure-for-family-of-murdered-teen-found-in-manvers-twp-almost-50-years-ago/

The same story is printed or linked to the Mississauga News and The Brampton guardian and on their newspapers online  around  April  7th
and the opp.ca website ...type in the word " Reward " in their search box...its under his first name William...(as their alphabetical  by surname  but not

Thank you for reading this  ,  William's sister .

Rosemarie

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 07:56:17 PM »
Rosemarie, I am very sorry that after 50 years, this has not been solved.
This must have been very traumatic to you and your family.

I have copied the article for all to read. (at times links, are deleted from newspapers)
I do not know how to post his picture, sorry.

God Bless you, Rosemarie, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the killer will be found./jb

http://www.mykawartha.com/news-story/6378960-opp-working-to-get-closure-for-family-of-murdered-teen-found-in-manvers-twp-almost-50-years-ago/

Mar 07, 2016  | Vote0   0
OPP working to get closure for family of murdered teen found in Manvers Twp. almost 50 years ago
Kawartha Lakes OPP continue to dig for clues in the murder of 17-year-old William Beirhens Hall who was found July 31, 1967 in Manvers Township
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:03:59 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 03:14:38 PM »

This bothers me
The partially clothed body was in the bush about 50 feet off the road

I once read on an FBI page, that the furthest one person could carry a body is 50 feet.

If this principle applies, then Billy was carried from a vehicle, when he was already deceased.

While, the article does not state what clothes remained on Billy, I still hope they checked out devient perverts within the Province.

jb
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:25:53 PM by jellybean »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 05:33:13 PM »
thanks JB;  I have posted the news item on my FB page asking if anybody recalls this etc.  ... will let you guys know if I get any feedback.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 06:03:37 PM »
For any of you dedicated sleuths in Ontario, who frequent the old newspapers up there.... you might want to look at this thread... I noticed William Hall was not the only victim around that time who was found "partially clothe"!  http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=416.0

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
Thank you very much Lost:

I have copied other cases of three young men from that thread. They were also found in the province of Ontario.

Very interesting........ hmmmm.

Here they are;

Richard Hovey - Spring 1967 - Age 17 - Murdered - Toronto, ON - Richard, a guitar player from New Brunswick, was abducted likely from somewhere in Toronto's night life. He was found nude with his arms bound behind his back in a farmer's field west side of Sideroad 17, approximately 2 kms (1.3 miles) north of Highway 9 near Schomberg. His remains were found in May 1968 and was unidentied for 38 years or so. He played guitar in cafes etc.

Unknown Male - Spring 1967 - Age 15-22 - Murdered - Coboconk, ON - This young man was likely missing the same time Richard Hovey went missing. His nude and still unidentified body was found in December 1967 in a wooded area of Balsam Lake Provincial Park, south of Highway 48. I am assuming he comes from similar circumstances to Richard Hovey because he's unidentified for so long.

Scott Leishman ? February 15, 1968 - Age 16 ? Murdered - London, ON - Scott, of RR 1, Thorndale, was missing for three months before his body was found in Port Burwell harbor on May 15. There were no signs of violence but some of his clothing was disturbed. It is unclear if he was sexually assaulted. (From Thorndale, found London)

Many thanks to Des who took the time to list them for Unsolved/jb.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:26:59 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 06:45:08 PM »
The Unknown Male has been identified -
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2009/03/09/police_identify_victim_in_1967_cold_case.html

His name was Eric Jones aged 18.

I have copied the above article in post 100 under 1950 - 1969 Unsolved Murders

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=416.90

I will snip the article here.  Can someone kindly post the pictures??

Eric Jones, 18, was last seen by family members in April 1967. A hunter discovered what turned out to be his skeletal remains in December of that year in a wooded area near Coboconk.

Last month, the television program W5 aired a special on two unsolved murders from 1967. The two victims, both young men with slight builds from the Toronto area, were found in secluded rural areas without clothing and appeared to have been bound by the hands.

One of the victims was identified in 2006 as Richard Hovey, 17, but the identity of the other man remained unknown until detectives showed a facial reconstruction on the W5 episode.

One of Jones' sisters saw the broadcast and called police. Using DNA analysis, police were then able to positively identify the victim as Jones.

In July 1980, the skeletal remains of another young man were found in a wooded area near Markham, Ont. He was found unclothed.

Police believe the man was killed approximately one to two years before his body was found.

Investigators believe the three cases could be connected, said Sgt. Pierre Chamberland of the Ontario Provincial Police.

"It's suspicious as a sex-related crime," he said.

Right now, the only known connections between the killings are similarities in the crime scenes.

The three cases could also be linked to a murder and abduction in the summer of 1967 for which a man in his 70s is serving time in a British Columbia prison.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:49:34 PM by jellybean »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 07:10:13 PM »
Eric Jones identified through help of "facial reconstruction"

Rosemarie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »
Hi, I am William Hall's sister (Rosemarie), just so you're aware, as the above discussions mention partially clothed and sexual assaults.
My brother was not sexually assaulted, there was no evidence whatsoever to confirm this information.As always assumed over the years, the clothes were in that condition on his body from being dragged into the wooded area.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »
Godspeed for some new tips so your family can have some type of closure. It probably was not the first time or the last time for this perp, so hoping his MO leads somewhere. God bless. :)