Author Topic: Shelley Loder, Attacked Dec. 7, 2010, Mono, ON (N of Orangeville)  (Read 18434 times)

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Shelley Loder, Attacked Dec. 7, 2010, Mono, ON (N of Orangeville)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »
It would appreciated, if a member could upload the composite sketch to Shelley's thread.  TIA   :)

discus

• View Profile

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »
This is very helpful. Thank you for putting it together.

The two statements that stick out from the news article are:

The comparison has revealed a connection is unlikely to exist

I wonder what happened to the confidence of finding the assailant?

http://www.orangeville.com/news-story/1479599-search-for-attempted-murderer-reaches-one-year-mark/

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:34 PM »
Thank you discus for providing the composite sketch.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »
The Police said the same thing for Sonia Varaschin, they were confident there at first too.

Police do use deception and the media disseminates whatever message they want out there. Until they arrest someone, and the evidence is aired, and a perp convicted, most all the options are still on the table whether the Police say so or not.

Note this news report from a US case. An fbi profiler comments:

Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler, said he was not surprised by the new evidence.

"Since this most recent victim disappeared, I said time and again that if they could find out who was responsible there was a good chance the same person would be responsible for Morgan Harrington and a number of others," he said.

He said he was "not trying to indict the guy" but added that police likely will investigate Matthew for other crimes against women, including the 2005 sexual assault. At least two other women from the Charlottesville area are missing. Police previously said they had no reason to link those cases to Graham's disappearance.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/29/jesse-matthew-2009-murder_n_5903474.html

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 12:57:52 PM »
Excellent post D1.  He was not known to the victim, if I am thinking of the same case the victim was drunk and disorientated, and he took advantage of her.

The reddish/orange hair of the mystery man in Shelly's case could he be a redhead?.
I had a friend who had very bright red hair with an orange glow to it.  She was often called "carrot top". Her hair colour was natural.  There were two other fire bright redheads in the family,  I recall.

At first I thought it may have been a youth with orange streaks in it - intentionally dyed to make a statement. But this person was dressed conservatively - neat haircut and shaven.

If he is a redhead, while not rare, is relatively uncommon so I would think that the police would have tracked him down after four years.

This makes me think that perhaps he was not local.

He obviously was not in his right mind.

A terrible vicious beating and left her for dead.
By the physical description and the clothes  he was wearing, he would certainly not raise any alarms wherever he went. 

JB

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:06:06 PM by jellybean »

2soccermom

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
this dude was interrupted in the middle of an extremely violent sexual assault on the west coast; he was in Ontario (KW area and London) in 2010 .....\
Is it just me, or does he look like the POI in the sketch we've seen in relation to Shelley's attack? Sorry I can't post the photo. DebbieC or someone else, could we do a side-by-side?

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/30/man-charged-in-brutal-vancouver-sex-assault-wanted-by-london-police

2soccermom

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 01:59:33 PM »
DebbieC --
I always rely on you for picture posting (with many thanks!!) -- not sure if you're comfortable to post Caleb Heaton's photo here on Shelley's site or not, since he hasn't been named a suspect or poi in her case. But it would be awesome if others could compare his photo to the sketch of the person wanted for info who was seen near Shelley's property around the time of her attack (posted above). I'd be interested if anyone sees any similarities! (A side-by-side would be AWESOME, but I'm a beggar not a chooser :)
DebbieC, is posting Caleb Heaton's pic possible here?

I did call it in to Crime Stoppers -- what I see as the likeness -- already, but maybe I am crazy -- just WANTING to see similarity???

On the other hand, this is a violent sexual offender and home invader; he was on our turf in the KW/London areas in 2010 for sure and  until fairly recently ... so I'm hoping LE will scrutinize him in relation to Sonia's, Shelley's, and Audrey's cases -- and Vanessa Fotheringham in London who is still missing --  and others. I know this is "jumping the gun" as the expression goes, but I just can't stop myself from continuing to hope some of these cases will be solved by one big break.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 02:29:18 AM »
I'm not very good with composites, but there does seem to be a likeness.  Good that you called in a tip, 2soccermom, the police will check into it.
Wouldn't be the first time a perp travels from east to west (or visa versa)...

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 09:41:23 AM »
soccermom:
DebbieC --
I always rely on you for picture posting (with many thanks!!) -- not sure if you're comfortable to post Caleb Heaton's photo here on Shelley's site or not, since he hasn't been named a suspect or poi in her case. But it would be awesome if others could compare his photo to the sketch of the person wanted for info who was seen near Shelley's property around the time of her attack (posted above). I'd be interested if anyone sees any similarities! (A side-by-side would be AWESOME, but I'm a beggar not a chooser :)
DebbieC, is posting Caleb Heaton's pic possible here?

#1 - the composite from the Shelley Loder case
#2 - Caleb Heaton
click to enlarge pictures

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
Many similarities to other crimes can be inferred from this latest attack. At least by virtue this being a violent sexual assault, DNA will be taken and will be entered into the data bank for comparison. His actions will be scrutinized.

I do see the possibility this guy could be the poi in Shelley Loder's attack. Zoom in and note the lower jaw in both photo and composite.. Family tag him as being schizophrenic and a drug abuser. How many more times are we going to hear about one of these types committing the most violent and disgusting crimes  imaginable. The list is telling its own story whether authorities and health care workers think there is a problem or not. A few years on meds and they are released again apparently without much supervision. These guys are Canada's real terrorist threat, they are here right now mingled among us. Isis is nothing in comparison. Where's the laws to protect us from this?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
A thread has been set up for him under BC, Vancouver. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/strathcona-assault-accused-caleb-heaton-has-violent-criminal-record-1.3017614

He has 40 criminal convictions in Ontario/
One can be very certain that his dna will be looked at in regards to Shelley, Sonia, and perhaps Audrey, and many others.
D1, are there any links available regarding Calebs mental health?
jb

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:16:58 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
The description of the attacker read that he had reddish orange hair which was slightly wavy. and around 5' ten. 

Shelley was severely beaten around the head.  The Vancouver woman, was she attacked around the head - does anyone know?

JB