Author Topic: Shelley Loder, Attacked Dec. 7, 2010, Mono, ON (N of Orangeville)  (Read 17900 times)

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Shelley Loder, Attacked Dec. 7, 2010, Mono, ON (N of Orangeville)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
2soccermom--I think that you have a good "eye" for seeing a resemblance between SL's composite sketch and C. Heaton.

I have noticed the following similarities, which is my perception only:

-narrow mouth
-face shape
-high cheek bones
-creases in brow
-eye and brow width
-possible crease under lower lip (not evident in CH's photo, but possible)

If CH had been admitted to a mental health institution in Caledon (speculation only) I have listed distances to the homes of SL. SV and AG.

-distance to S. Loder--24.5 km  (22 minutes)
-distance to Sonia V.--11.5 km (14 minutes)
-distance to A. Gleave--117 km (1hr. 23 min)

I don't think it would be too difficult for LE to confirm if Caleb had dyed his hair orange in 2010.  In the meantime, DNA will rule him in or out for Sonia's and Audrey's cases.  I don't know if LE has DNA evidence in S. Loder's case.  But any dyed orange hair confirmation with Caleb, could be the beginning of the investigation against him.  Speculation only of course, and MOO.

2soccermom

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:21 PM »
DebbieC --
thank you for posting the images!!
HF: thanks for that detailed study!!
I think I'm quick to grasp at this because Shelley SO deserves justice (as do Sonia, Audrey, and all who are victims of unsolved crimes) ...

I'm glad this man is in custody. And am hopeful that, IF he IS responsible for other violent attacks, that will be discovered and justice will follow swiftly.
(One can hope, can't she?)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »
The description of the attacker read that he had reddish orange hair which was slightly wavy. and around 5' ten. 

Shelley was severely beaten around the head.  The Vancouver woman, was she attacked around the head - does anyone know?
JB

The attack on the Vancouver woman was extremely violent. I do not wish to distract from Shelleys' thread so am posting only a part of the article that relates to the injuries suffered by the victim.

Spoken by the good Samaritan that helped the victim:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/metro/Violent+Strathcona+assault+shakes+east+Vancouver/10926902/story.html

SAP

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 01:13:47 AM »
2soccermom, I have to agree there are many strong similarities and great that you phoned it in to the tipline. Keep after them or contact the police to make sure they follow up/can give you an answer if they followed up.
Great job!

Debbie:
From above article posted ... "she was full of blood on her face". Is it a co-incidence or is it the same MO almost?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:21:02 AM by SAP »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »
Nice thinking 2soccermom!

2soccermom

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 06:57:33 PM »
lol, awwww -- you're too kind :)
I sometimes feel I'm grasping at straws because like many of you I'm so anxious to see these cases solved (lol, not that I think anyone else is grasping at straws :)). I keep thinking one big break will do it.... Sigh. It feels so long in coming.

I have my fingers crossed -- may be a long shot but still one hopes.

I think the work everyone does here is awesome. Thanks to Discus for  getting the original composite sketch loaded here and as always to the amazing DebbieC. :)

I'm not sure if anyone has updates on Shelley's condition? I hope she is enjoying the promise of Spring (we're all keenly awaiting its return, i think!)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 07:24:35 PM »
Thank you for the kind words soccermom. :)

Thank you also for stepping up to the plate and phoning this in. I am always amazed at the dedication I see on this site every day.  You guys do a great job!

2soccermom

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »
Bumping for Shelley.
I hope she is doing well -- what strength she has, to have survived such a brutal assault!!

I don't know if she will ever regain her memory of events.
People who experience trauma to the head often have TBI  -- traumatic brain injury (the physical repercussions of injury to the brain) and can also suffer psychological trauma with its effects on memory, particularly for survivors of violent crime. It can also be called post-traumatic amnesia. Certainly, the brain likely protects itself from both the physical and psychological attack through processes of forgetting.
I have been trying to see what potential outcomes might be possible as time passes for memory retrieval, but I haven't found much to work with yet. I started here: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/9673.php
It would be great for us, for justice, if Shelley could slowly -- or suddenly! -- remember what happened. On the other hand, I can only imagine how painful recollection would be. I think her amnesia of the events is her body/mind method of coping and surviving. So I guess in the end I can't be sorry she doesn't recall the attack.
Surely there is some other way to find justice for Shelley? DNA at the scene?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:34:53 AM by 2soccermom »

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2017, 06:26:10 PM »
I guess no one has been listening to me. The person responsible is a serial killer. Shelly. Sonia and  Audrey. Mark my words.

2soccermom

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 07:16:49 AM »
hi Ron --
why do you think noone is 'listening' to you? You're not alone :). I happen to almost-wholly ascribe to the idea that the three cases are connected by a serial predator and have said so often on UC & WS -- (even if I'm also willing to be open to other ideas). Caleb Heaton, for example, could be such an attacker.
Shelley's thread, like the other three, tends to fall silent as time passes and no new info is released. So I'm sure we're all 'listening' :) -- it's good to have a variety of ideas and voices contributing to avoid the classic phrase of "tunnel vision."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:20:24 AM by 2soccermom »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 06:21:12 PM »
I believe the authorities have DNA from Sonia's murder and from Audrey's too.  Not sure about Shelley's attacker.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 01:40:37 PM »
Cops have a composite drawing of whom is thought to be Shelley's attacker.

Did the police take this around to Sonia's nhbd or Audrey's?

It would have been worth the try.
I'll bet it never crossed their minds.

Two murders still unsolved, and may never be, unless they screw up.  So far - nothing.
No similar crimes, no loose lips - nada!!

jb