Author Topic: Allan Waugh (1945-2014) Unsolved Murder  (Read 6290 times)

maryroseww

• View Profile
Allan Waugh (1945-2014) Unsolved Murder
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »
Allan Waugh was a husband, a father, a grandfather (Papa), a great-grandfather, a brother, an uncle and a friend. My dad was born in New Brunswick but he lived and worked in the Yukon since 1966. He was married for 44 years to Lin Waugh and they raised 5 children together. He was a respected welder, working on many jobsites through-out the Yukon. Community members would often bring him a welding job because they knew that they could count on him to help them.

Allan was murdered in his own home in Whitehorse, Yukon, sometime during the night of May 30, 2014.

If you have any information, even if you think that it might not be important or you think that the police might already know about it, please pick up the phone to call the RCMP at (867) 667‐5555.

Someone somewhere knows what happened. How do we break this circle of silence?  Why are people unwilling to provide tips to the police that could solve a murder?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Allan Waugh (1945-2014) Unsolved Murder
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
Maryrose.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Since Allan worked, earned money, could it have been robbery?
Were rumours floating around that he kept large sums in his home?

JB

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »
So very sorry for you lose.  wondering if you have any thought or any ideas we can all do what we can to see if we come up with something

maryroseww

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
Maryrose.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Since Allan worked, earned money, could it have been robbery?
Were rumours floating around that he kept large sums in his home?

JB

Thank you - it has been a real shock and our family is still trying to deal with everything. My dad was retired at the time and only did work out of his backyard. The RCMP are looking into the robbery theory but are keeping all details to themselves until they are ready to arrest the person/persons involved. We know there is a lot of rumours but very few are willing to come forward with information. We are asking community members to share rumours with the RCMP because where there is smoke there is sometimes fire.

maryroseww

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:16:46 PM »
So very sorry for you lose.  wondering if you have any thought or any ideas we can all do what we can to see if we come up with something

Thank you, it has been really hard. You are helping right now by talking about his murder. We have had meetings with community members, delivered flyers door to door and have knocked on a few doors ourselves. We know that someone somewhere knows what happened. We want people to talk about what happened and to come forward to the RCMP with whatever rumours that they have heard.

My dad helped a lot of people over his lifetime. All we are asking is that anyone with information regarding this crime help his family by breaking the silence. Talk to the RCMP and help to bring his murder(s) to justice.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »
Maryrose, Oh my what a shock this must have been to you and your family.

Whitehorse has a population of around 27,000 people, surely the RCMP will be able to find out.  People do talk in amongst themselves, and hopefully it will leak out as to who is responsible.

JB

I care about Canadians

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »
Suspicious house fire and death hit Kwanlin Dun hard

Jesse Winter Wednesday June 4, 2014
Alistair Maitland/Yukon News

Police are investigating the death of Allan Waugh,Bill urged anyone with anything that could help to come forward either to the First Nation government or the RCMP. The government also held a community meeting Monday night with the RCMP to address the issue.

http://yukon-news.com/news/suspicious-house-fire-and-death-hit-kwanlin-dun-hard/

maryroseww

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 02:11:05 PM »
All I want for Christmas #justice4AllanWaugh

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
Maryroseww, I too am very sorry to hear about your loss. This is a really difficult time of the year, too. My thoughts and energies go to you and your family now and in the new year.

I am wondering if you might be able to gain a writer's attention this holiday season. Talk about what it meant to have your father around in the past holidays. You mentioned that your father has helped so many people. Perhaps you can share his giving spirit with the reporter. And, in the same vein have a plea to the public that reminds them that good people perpetuate goodness during their lives, and one life - such as your fathers - means less goodness. While bad people perpetuate bad and when they get away with it, there is a propensity for more to occur. Then ask that if anyone has any information, even what may seem remotely connected, or rumored, to share (even anonymously through crime stoppers, if need be) so your family can at least have peace this holiday season and the community can be a bit safer. It would mean a lot to you.

The joy of your father's gift of giving to others will warm our hearts, and the concern for doing what's right is in line with the holiday spirit. Perhaps that may in some way bring investigators the lead they can follow through on - a gift to the authorities, in a way.

Sending you a hug. Look for those brights spots in every day. They exist and sometimes they help us to put one foot in front of the other and get through tough times.

Concerned

maryroseww

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »

maryroseww

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 05:58:55 PM »

SAP

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 06:58:37 PM »
Maryroseww
I can't be there in person, however I can in spirit and will be with you and your family as you drum for justice. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and I hope that someone will talk. ((((((hugs))))))

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 07:07:29 PM »
Distance is a factor with me.  I pray that the family will find justice in this year, 2015.

Someone will talk - and it will be the truth, not rumour.

God Bless you.

JB

SAP

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »
Thinking of you all Maryrose, that you find justice for Allan.