Author Topic: Dale Porter - 39 - June 29, 2014 - North River / Conception Bay NFLD - Unsolved  (Read 8829 times)

I care about Canadians

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:51:41 PM by I care about Canadians »

I care about Canadians

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:53:08 PM by I care about Canadians »

Concerned

• View Profile
...Porter worked as a fisherman, and drove a truck for a local grocery distributor during the off-season.

He was experiencing marital problems, but was deeply committed to his son and daughter...

There are three items that pique my interest on this case from what the article describes:

• Was there any competition or territorial behavior within the local fisherman community?
  • Was there any competition or territorial disputes amongst truck drivers in the area?
  • How bitter was the marital problems and was their any third party involvement - girlfriend/boyfriend?
  • Why was the party continuing at the house? Was there any confrontation at the bar that made people leave to party elsewhere? And, since he was in the car with the first set of individuals, what did they see/do/hear? Were these individuals known to him or just "new friends"? And, was there any reason that they took two vehicles? Was the second one that delivered another group there to pick the remainder of the first party?

jobo

• View Profile
Seems to me the truth will come out some day..I hope the Police revisit, at least once a year, those from the cab.

coldwinters

• View Profile
I read somewhere that Dale arrived at his home in a cab with three other people before the second cab arrived. If that is true, and he was then shot in his driveway before the second cab arrived, which was probably only a short time later, then those three people must have either been involed or were there when he was shot. I don't know exactly how long it was before the second cab arrived, but he must of been shot just after exiting the cab, which would lead me to believe the three people with him did it or someone was at his home waiting near by for him to arrive. That seems like the only two options. They must have seen who killed Dale.

coldwinters

• View Profile
http://vocm.com/news/no-developments-in-dale-porter-murder-investigation-rcmp/

Someone out there definitely has information about who killed Dale Porter.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
coldwinters:  You owe me a coffee - I am pasting the whole article up for you.  Links get taken down from the internet, and the story gets lost. :)

Your eagle eye, has caught something important about where the investigation stands. Looks like the police spoke too soon?  Or they need further evidence before they can proceed with an arrest? Sometimes, dna is just not enough!

There may be a lot of activity going on behind the scenes./jb

http://vocm.com/news/no-developments-in-dale-porter-murder-investigation-rcmp/

No Developments In Dale Porter Murder Investigation: RCMP
June 8, 2016 | 12:14 pmLast Updated:June 8, 2016 | 3:26 pm

It's been nearly two years, but RCMP say there is no new information to provide in the investigation into the murder of 39-year-old Dale Porter in North River.

Porter's body was found on his property in the early morning hours of June 29, 2014.

Back in April of last year, RCMP indicated that they had made a major development in relation to DNA evidence collected from the scene. Despite saying at the time that they were "in a position to act," no further developments have been reported.

No arrests or charges have yet been laid in connection with the investigation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:41:16 PM by jellybean »

coldwinters

• View Profile
Is there any indication as to why Dale Porter was killed by 2 members of the Vikings? RCMP have said Porter had no criminal record or ties to the club, so how, or why did he end up being murdered by them?

I know members of biker gangs are usually not the most upstanding members of the community, but most of their crimes and murders are ususally targeted as to not draw any unnecessary attention to their club.

Was his murder targeted due to criminal activity, or was it just a random act, maybe because of something that happened or was said at the bar that night?