Author Topic: Sheri-Lynn McEwan | 40 | Murdered October 7 2013 | Estaire, ON  (Read 16191 times)

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Sheri-Lynn McEwan | 40 | Murdered October 7 2013 | Estaire, ON
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »
After their initial investigation, I think that LE figured out that TB murdered Sheri-Lynn, and tried to get a confession from him by grilling him for over four hours in that final "interview".  They tried to break him, and they did in a way.  He didn't confess, but he killed himself the next day.  Although this action does not prove that he was guilty, I feel that an innocent person, regardless of grief, would do everything possible to clear his name, and would have the passion to see that the killer was caught and brought to justice.

Re the composite sketch in the Shelley Loder case. That man was described as being 27-32 years old.  TB would have been 56 in 2010.  That rules him out.

Re the similarity between victims (red heads, nurses).  TB and Sheri-Lynn met through "mutual friends" at a campground in 2010.  This obviously was the beginning of a relationship which culminated in him moving from St. Catharines to be with her.  This explanation rules out anything urgent in his move, or any stalking for victims in Estaire.  As one of his friends said--he gave up everything to be with her.  That statement alone may explain what could drive a person to do the unthinkable when desperate or out of control emotionally.  LE would have contacted his ex-wives, and their input could have shed important info.  Of course this is just my opinion.  But I do think that LE had their killer.

Re Shawn Glassford being involved in these murders investigations.  He is the Det. Inspector of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch.  He leads all Ontario murder investigations.

Modified to add the last sentence.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:42:43 PM by Have faith »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »
Oh, I forgot all about the age description of the perp in the attack against Shelly.

I suppose I can understand many exes don't get along....but to also be estranged from your kids is a big deal in my eyes.
Kids normally forgive their parents unless it's just too unforgivable...

I have to Agee with your post, Have faith.

Cape heart:
There is several colleges in Ontario that would offer nursing....and smaller campuses in smaller centres that are affiliated with the larger colleges.
Shelly's husband, Sonia and Sheri-Lyn could possibly have crossed paths before, due to their chosen schooling/profession, but I have a hard time connecting the crimes to one perp.
Orangeville (Sonia) and Mono (Shelly) are quite close together, but Estair, just outside Sudbury, (Sheri-Lyn), is far, like jellybean says....4 hours...but they are all North/northwest of Toronto.
Just a little more FYI...

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »
LOL, it was SAP who looked up the distance between Sudbury and O'ville, not me.  Sheri-Lynn and TB were not separated.  According the news article they were married in June.  His colleagues said that Terry gave up everything to be with her.

I agree with Have Faith's post. Detectives can really grill, and be accusatory, and one thing that if he was innocent, he would have stuck it out, as he had the love, attention and support of his firefighter colleagues and their families.

There is one thing that perplexes me, the door being broken into. He lived in the house and would have had a key to get  in. Unless it was staged to look like a b&e. 

He also spent time in his trailer on Manitou Island.  His wife worked, and I wonder if they did not spend much time together.

If it comes down to murder, suicide, would it not be announced to the public?
I can't locate any announcement.  This happened two years ago. 
Which begs the question, what's up?

Glassford is a very busy detective.

http://www.ourhometown.ca/news/NL0427.php
He made an arrest in 2011

I wonder if he is still involved in McEwan's case

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pubs/parl/opp-zb-eng.htm

Independent Investigation Into the Death of Michael Zehaf-Bibeau

October 22, 2014
Centre Block, Parliament Hill
 Ottawa, Canada

Major Case Manager: Detective Inspector Shawn GLASSFORD
Primary Investigator: Staff Sergeant Ted HURREN
 File Coordinator:  Detective Constable Tracy ALLAN

jb
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:14:19 PM by jellybean »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 07:37:27 PM »
Yes the detective Glassford is a busy fellow as head of the opp investigation unit. But look at his interests. The high profile Ottawa shooting and even in JB's link, there is indication of a serial killer investigation. Not just any and all..

Re the composite in Shelley Loder's attack. I've seen this before where a witness not paying too much attention and viewing from some distance can get the age off by a mile yet give a pretty good general description.  I've posted about this before in the Kelly Cook murder. The description of the poi is based on many factors in a composite. If you disassemble the various elements and inspect them individually you can get a pretty good idea what the composite was based on sans age. That is subjective..

Look at the general face shape, the distance from lips to nose, shape of the nose and nostrils, distance nose to eyes, shape thickness and curve of eyebrows, ears to face height and tightness to cheeks. Hairline, color of hair, lips, etc.. All of these elements individually match up fairly well with TB. Except age..

There is dna from Sonia's case but is there from Shelly Loder or from Sheri-Lynn?
JB..
If it comes down to murder, suicide, would it not be announced to the public?
I can't locate any announcement.  This happened two years ago. 
Which begs the question, what's up?

All you find is that the investigators are described as being strangely silent. If the perp is dead there is no urgency as far as police are concerned. Whether this goes any farther than Sheri-Lynn ?

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 08:19:01 PM »
We know that eyewitness accounts are known to be unreliable.  But I have doubts that a witness could guess a person's age and be off by 24 to 29 years.  I guess that is possible, but imo very unlikely.  The comparisons made between TB and the composite, are similar to the comparisons made between the composite and Sonia's boyfriend.  That proves just how subjective it is, and how wrong we can be, in trying to make a fit.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
True it is unlikely and thankfully there is dna.. What Sonia's bf didn't have was the reddish orange hair which TB does. What we don't know is whether TB had supplied a dna sample before death. It requires a warrant otherwise. The circumstances behind Sheri-Lynn's murder are compelling to look at TB closer.. As said his past life is a blank slate.. He may be the nice guy his new friends claim, we just don't know enough to rest on that. The silence even to exonerate him for Sheri-Lynn's murder after so long is troubling. The reporter who wrote of Sheri's murder touched on that same point. It breeds rumour and suspicion.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Terry was also a member of the Canadian Autoworkers Union.

http://www.caw199.com/history-obituaries.html

Obituaries

To show our respect, the names of deceased members are read at the monthly membership meeting, followed by a minute of silence. On behalf of the membership, staff and the Executive Board of Unifor Local 199, I would like to offer our condolances to the families and friends of deceased members.

Should you need assistance in this difficult time, or if you have any questions about your pensions and benefits, please do not hesitate to contact us at 905-682-2611.

In Solidarity

October 2013

Boyle, Terry

jb
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:46:42 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 02:12:29 PM »
Jobo, I realize that 3 1/2 hours drive is not very far. But say for instance this person was a construction worker and did work in different areas. I know that sometimes there are people from here go to Halifax for work, well that is about a five hour drive. So people think nothing of driving to Hlfx for the weekend and some have appts up there and go for a day and come back in the same day. So when you think of the distance and time, not a long way. If a person wants to do something, they have no qualms about how far they drive. Look at what Jodi Arias did, just so she could distance herself from the crime, so she thought. But she was the one with the motive and even to the fact that she carried gas cans in her trunk, (which shows just how really mental she was), because she was carrying a bomb in her trunk sort of, she still got caught. So that is just not so far off to think someone drove that distance. They could have worked in Orangeville before that and had a new construction job. I don't rule anything out and wouldn't hesitate to question persons of interest on both of these crimes, if I was a detective. No stone unturned, would be my view on those crimes. :o :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 04:57:46 PM »
Terri was estranged from his family, which included two ex wives, and two sons. 
Something must have been amiss with him, regardless of what his working colleagues had to say about him.  He was a great guy to work with they say.

They even paid for his funeral costs, and no family members attended.

What is with Sheri's and Terry's house burning down and a spanking new one  erected.
Two firefighters losing their home to fire? I suppose it could happen to them like anyone else, but it does raise some questions doesn't it?

He was driving transport in town when it happened.  Someone dialed 911 from the house, and no one spoke. The firehall was across the street from their home.  The firefighters all rushed over to the house.  She was gravely injured and died in hospital.

Access to the home by the perp was gained by breaking a side door down.. So Sheri must have locked all of the doors from the inside. Why lock the doors in a small town like Estaire?
She had just returned from a trip to Vegas with her friends.  I wonder if they had privately split....before she left for Vegas, and had the locks changed?? 

We do not know that le has dna - do we? or did I miss that part?

It was turned over to Glassford one year later.... but then, how long does it take to have any dna analyzed these days?  Besides Terry lived in the home and it would be everywhere throughout the home.
Perhaps they were not getting along as well as outsiders believed.  I wonder if neighbours ever heard loud voices and fighting coming from the home, and wonder if Sheri ever showed signs of bruising etc.??

I cannot see this murder going forward..... I feel that they had their suspect in for three hours of questioning (Terry).

Just my opinion,

jb 

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 05:13:12 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »
In reading this thread over again, the dna collection taken from the firefighters was interesting.
They often visited the home of Sherri and Terry, so their dna would be there.

I would think that the detectives wanted to look for dna that did not belong to anyone known to this couple.  DNA of a stranger.

One would think that if the forensics came back as not belonging to anyone within their group of friends, then they would announce that they have the dna of her killer.

They have not done so.

I am beginning to wonder if perhaps Terry murdered his wife, and at the first opportunity in being able to enter his home (10 days after the murder, perhaps the police turned the home over to him), he returned there and committed suicide.

If ,a t the end of le,s  investigation, they had determined it was a murder suicide, I think that her parents would have been told.   And that would be the end of it?

It has been three years.  With the case of Sonia Varaschin, an appeal would go out to the public every anniversary.

Nothing ---- for Sherri.

jb

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »
The Fire Chief said Terry just cried and cried all night...she hadn't seen someone cry so much.  If I was told my young, healthy spouse was found dead in the house....I would be crying, yes, but I would also be wondering out loud what the hell happened??
Terry was working when he got the call..But I seriously wonder what the timeline is....How exact have they been able to determine time of death etc.

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 10:08:40 AM »
I feel like the general consensus is that the case is closed, but I know there was a huge amount of support from the firefighters. 

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 10:00:21 PM »
containing several firefighters within the home and property for several hours, said Alatalo.

jb
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:05:03 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 10:57:16 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/sheri-lynn-mcewan-murder-investigation-continues-opp-1.2531832

Last Updated: Feb 11, 2014 8:37 AM ET

from article.

So far, no charges have been laid, and police have not named a suspect in the murder of Sheri-Lynn McEwan​, who was found seriously injured in her Estaire home and later died of those injuries.seeking more information,Investigators have collected forensic evidence, but Dionne said police can't release any information on what has been collected or the results.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2016, 04:58:56 PM »
This sounds very much like the classic crime of passion crime except for the Police response. Its puzzling.. Seems a decision has been made based on something we aren't accustomed to entertaining here. jmo
Why haven't they at least said that Terry B was not a match to the dna and has been cleared? They should imo, why not?