Author Topic: Hunter Crosson | 14 | Missing Toronto Girl | September 18, 2014  (Read 7066 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Hunter Crosson | 14 | Missing Toronto Girl | September 18, 2014
« on: October 02, 2014, 04:08:27 PM »
Toronto Police Service
09/18/2014 | Press release
Missing Girl, Hunter Crosson, 14
Broadcast time: 10:01
Thursday, September 18, 2014 41
Division 416-808-4100

The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance locating a missing girl. Hunter Crosson, 14, was last seen on Thursday, September 18, 2014, at 1 a.m., in the Kennedy Road/ Eglinton Avenue East area. She is described as white, 5'5", 100 lbs., with long brown hair. She was wearing a grey sweater with blue pyjama pants and no shoes. Police are concerned for her safety. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World. For more news, visit TPSnews.ca. Constable Victor Kwong, Corporate Communications, for Staff Sergeant Mary Leahy, 41 Division

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Crosson | 14 | Missing Toronto Girl | September 18, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »
This little girl is a chronic runaway.  First went missing in October 25, 2013 - found safe and returned, then January 1, 2014 and now Sept 18, 2014.

What is up?

JB

SAP

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »
PJ pants and no shoes ... sounds as though she had to leave in a hurry. Perhaps she is safer away from her home?

2soccermom

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »
SAP, I always worry about that, too, with young repeat runaways. I hope that's not the case for Hunter. She's not safe in the streets, either.

((If you're reading here, Hunter, please know that there ARE safe places and people who want to and can help you. I wish I knew more about TO services, but  perhaps the "Youth Without Shelter" folks might be a good start? http://www.yws.on.ca/category/about-us . ))

Post-note: I don't mean, of course, to assume Hunter doesn't have "shelter" at home; regardless, I'm sure (I hope) she has family who are hurting with her disappearance, again.

Bumping for safe return to a safe place soon.

SAP

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 03:10:58 AM »
I'm just wondering if this is a case of a young girl who will not abide by family rules. On several media sites police have been quoted as saying she is usually found in places which have free Wifi. In one case she was with a girl 2 yrs older.

Missing January 31/13 and was still missing in February.
Missing Sept 19 to October 21.
Missing October 26 to Nov 1.
Missing December 18 to Dec 21/13.
Missing August 21 ---

Missing a lot of school as well and it seems Wifi is more important. After this many runs, I think if there was a bad home situation, something would have been done already ... considering her age. This is beginning to sound like a young girl who thinks she knows better than her parents. Sad that she is setting herself back in schoolwork for her whims for social media.

SAP

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
Some explanations here in the article below.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/801786/three-teenaged-girls-reported-missing-from-scarborough-area/

Two of three teenaged girls who had gone missing from the Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue East area have been found, according to Toronto police. However, one is missing again.

Jasmine Jellow, 13, was last seen on Sept. 17 at 11:30 a.m., leaving her residence in the Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue East area, said police.

She was reported missing in Dartmouth, N.S., Sept. 6 and found safe in Ontario earlier this week before going missing again, according to news reports.

Hunter Crosson, 13, disappeared on Sept. 19 at 11:30 p.m., leaving her residence in the Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue East area, and was found over a month later, on Oct. 21, Toronto police said.

Police in Peterborough said she disappeared from that area a few days later and is still missing.

She had been reported missing from her Ajax group home in June and found over a week later. Her elder sister told Chex TV at the time that Crosson at been in foster care for most of her life.

2soccermom

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:22:39 AM »
Thanks for posting this, SAP. My heart goes out to Hunter for a life of running.... She needs a safe and stable place to hang her hat, and the ability to recognize and appreciate it if she has that. The streets are not safe. Toronto Police just posted this brief of an attempted abduction of a 27-year-old woman at College and Brock:

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/30460

I'm hoping Hunter will be found safe, and soon, and that she'll have a stable place she can call home.

mercys mama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 10:18:17 AM »
If Canadian foster care and group homes are anything like ours in the States, she may think taking her chances on the streets is worth assured abuse at an unsafe home/group home.  Maybe she's on WiFi trying to find a way out/resources?  This is assuming that is the case.  I know a handful of people who grew up in the system, some even being adopted into families, that endured so much abuse, at every turn in the system.  These predators know how to work the systems.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of young people who don't wAnt any rules or authority; hard to know which is the case, but she is certainly determined to keep leaving for whatever reason

2soccermom

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »
well said, MM. Anxious for Hunter to be found safe -- and safely placed.... Anyone have an update?

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »
From my family experiences of foster child becoming adopted and my mothers struggles with this childhood had most to do with separation from her biological mother. IMO a foster child would have the same separation anxiety that an adopted child naturally feels (and cannot control, this is human instinct and need). This separation anxiety manifests into two types, pleaser or rebellious. The unconscious fear of not been wanted a second time is instantly felt by the child, no matter if an infant or toddler or teenager. A pleaser will try to be so good not to upset the apple cart and thus not wanted. The rebellious will think in a more protective mode, I will not let myself love you or you love me because you are going to hurt me too so if I can control it with rebellious actions it is in their mind on their terms and they feel less hurt.

This creates a very chaotic environment in a group home, for both the staff and the children. I do not know if physchiatric therapy is part of group homes, but if it was I think the children would suffer much less.

I am not saying predators do not use and abuse this system, but it is much more complicated. My mother grew up in one home as a foster child from a toddlers age, it was not until she turned 19 did my grandparents adopt her
As they wanted to collect the monthly government check (during the depression) but this expired after age 18.

We do not give these children enough proof of saftey, these are not bad kids, they are hurt and hurting and not getting the proper assistance to heal and understand their internal feelings and control the fear.

These are not bad girls they have found others with the same attitudes and fears and are sticking together, they may we'll be the only people they trust and call family. IMO.

SAP

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 12:47:40 AM »
Logical, thank you for the very insightful post. It made me think about our family situation ... my older brother and his wife adopted 2 children who had been through the foster system. I could never understand why these loving and lovely little beings had been mistreated and bumped around from home to home b/c my brother and his wife fell in love with them the moment they laid eyes on them. We all did and we never considered them as adoptees at all. They were our niece and nephew/grandkids and still remain so in our hearts and thoughts. They have always been equals to the bio children of our families.

The boy was the first adopted and he has always been the pleaser. When my SIL told him she would help him try and find his bio parents he wanted no part in that at all. He said as far as he was concerned my brother and SIL were his parents and he was happy with that. My niece on the other hand went wild and totally rebellious. This was a young girl whom schoolwork came easily for ... never had to study and made top marks. She was destined for and wanted to go to Med school and it was going to happen ... then her rebellious side took over. She wanted in the worst way to find her bio parents. It took a few years before she settled down but by that time a long University degree was off the table for her and she managed to get an Accounting cert on her own. She went from wild child to missionary.
There is hope for the rebellious kids ... just that nowadays there seem to be more predators looking for the vulnerable.

2soccermom

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 01:16:44 PM »
Happy to share the great news: Hunter Crosson located, safe, 4 months ago:
http://www.scoopnest.com/s/hunter%20crosson/

So happy to know she has not met a terrible end as so many of the missing do! What a fabulous outcome!!
I just hope she has found a soft, safe place to land and call home. So the running can stop, and she can flourish.....

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 02:42:23 PM »
Wow! I wish for her a home where she is loved, before she becomes not adoptable. This was the longest she was on the lam, over a year. Good to read she is safe.
Thanks for sharing Soccermom.