Author Topic: Kathy & Alvin Liknes & Nathan O'Brien - Murdered - June 29, 2014 - Calgary, AB  (Read 104512 times)

SAP

Looking, I think police just want to talk to the driver b/c he had been noted to be in the area later in the evening and it didn't sound as though he was considered a suspect, just a poi who may have seen something.

Cape, remember the media around DM and the girls and the boat down in Ontario? They had gone a little wild with stories and in this case, I hope at least the quotes from police are written correctly.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Whoever it was took great risks in removing these people from the home.  Neighbours on both sides of them.
I wonder why no one heard anything.  It seems to me that the truck was driven between the house and nhbrs to load up. Scrape marks along the wall, and drag marks on the pavement,  I believe?

One would think neighbours would hear the truck doors opening and closing, or noises coming from the home??

Why take the risk is my question? Here,  it is similar to Sonia Varaschin case.

JB
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:03:14 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
Here is a fresh account, from the beginning.  The press did not have time to screw it up.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/02/our-son-and-family-could-be-anywhere-right-now-calgary-family-appeals-for-location-of-missing-boy-and-grandparents/

quote:

Alvin Liknes and his wife Kathy were planning to move to a new home in Edmonton and then to Mexico. They were selling their things as they downsized.

Nathan and his mother helped with the sale on SundayPolice say the mother left the home at 10 p.m. When she returned 12 hours later, everyone was gone.

almost unheard of for three people to disappear simultaneously
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:13:11 AM by jellybean »

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Hi JB,

Since the daughter helped with the sale, I believe she would have crossed paths with the perps. That is why she should be hypnotized.

Nathan was probably sleeping by the time she left her parents, which is probably why she let him stay overnight.

If the perp(s) were laying low in the basement, (he)they would have been waiting for the daughter to leave. With the father being fairly large, there would have to be a pretty strong person to take him down.

I am also thinking...what if the green truck was stolen, for the purpose of this crime?

Looking at the pictures, this would not have been an older man who restored this truck. Are those winter tires? They look fairly new.

Just throwing my thoughts out there.

jellybean

• View Profile
Hi Baba Donya: Good to hear from you again!! Long time "no see".

Yes, all good thoughts given by you.

There had to be more than one person - just my guess.

At this moment, Calgary Police and RCMP on property East of Airdrie.  Tactical Operations truck at scene.

* Police presence continues  to grow.
* Roadblocks set up.

JB

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 05:14:45 PM by debbiec »

jellybean

• View Profile
Cops at property East of Airdrie.

see above post.

JB

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Thanks JB, missed you, too!

Looking: I think you are right. Or, the truck was used to move what was being dragged, then they blazingly took it back, hoping no one would notice the Liknes's were missing, for awhile.

JB...my instincts were thinking Airdrie.

looking

• View Profile
That's a good idea too.  More room in it for all passengers?

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Looking: plus, you could drive everyone to Airdrie and get back to the house in Calgary, park the truck in a couple of hours. Plus, the truck may have been seen on camera during the night, too.

If they had the audacity to clean the driveway....they knew they had time. I just can't believe the neighbours or dogs would have noticed nothing during the night! Shocked, actually.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:12:10 PM by Baba Donya »

jellybean

• View Profile
5 more police vehicles have just arrived on property.
Looks like place is swarming with cops.

Police have yet to confirm if this has anything to do with missing family from Calgary

I am thinking this could take hours.  Let us hope this raid is about little Nathan, and Grandparents.
Noticed in news that 31 guns were stolen in Calgary - Could this raid strictly be about that?  and not the missing threesome?

JB
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:23:35 PM by jellybean »

Baba Donya

• View Profile
JB, maybe just as well, criminals watch TV. Plus they don't need curious onlookers overwhelming them. Might draw more attention.

I am praying they are ALL found alive!

So good to see both RC's and Calgary City Police working as a team!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:27:10 PM by Baba Donya »

Baba Donya

• View Profile
CCF...scenario 'c' for me.

This reminds me of the McCann's from St. Albert who have never been found. I believe someone was hiding in the motorhome. They were announcing to people, too, they were heading on holidays.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
The GPS on the Liknes's truck, may have directed the RCMP and Calgary Police to this spot. Or if they had OnStar.

jellybean

• View Profile
NOT LOOKING GOOD!

POLICE ARE NOW SEARCHING IN TALL GRASS  ON PROPERTY - SHOULDER TO SHOULDER IN GRIDS.

ALSO CHECKING BUILDINGS ON PROPERTY.

JB

Baba Donya

• View Profile
JB...sadly yesterday when I was in deep prayer for a young lad who passed away in Vernon and his family. "Nathan" kept popping into my prayers.

I just wasn't sure if I should mention it.

I sure hope and pray they are found alive!