Author Topic: Kathy & Alvin Liknes & Nathan O'Brien - Murdered - June 29, 2014 - Calgary, AB  (Read 102103 times)

Kazoo

• View Profile
I am afraid this is not looking too promising.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/trucks-driver-sought-in-search-for-missing-alberta-boy-grandparents/article19463983/

Violent crime occurred at Calgary home where 3 went missing, police say

A violent crime occurred in the residence where three Calgarians, including a five-year-old, went missing this week, and

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Kazoo, I agree, and now a vehicle was found in Ontario with 3 occupants, and it was burned so bad, they could not make out what kind of vehicle it was.(says it was Ontario plates) but you never know...???

The daughter needs to be hypnotized! She was there until 10:00 p.m. She may have met the perps, unknowingly.

capeheart

• View Profile
Baba, welcome back, long time no hear. I believe Nathan's mom just dropped him off, I don't think that there were any buyers there at that time, because it was 10:00 p.m. and she had her pyjamas on at that time. I believe this guy in the green truck was planning something and surely someone can identify the truck. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Hiya Cape!

Oh, I thought I read somewhere she was there for a couple of hours at the sale. ...because neighbours talked about Nathan playing at the park, too.

(Thank God 'Vader' is still in jail...I think) ~ looks like this could be part of his crew. This is so similar to the older couple who went missing from St. Albert.

😢

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Thanks Cape! 😊

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
taken from reply #12:

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Hi Deb! Thanks for the copy and paste! :)

Logic, after pondering it, I believe it could possibly be another 'Honour Killing'...but that is for another thread.

May Zainab, Sahar, and Geeti, R.I.P., and know we will never forget! 😢😢😢

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Hi Deb! Thanks for the copy and paste! :)

You're welcome Baba. Good to see you. :)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile

SAP

Not all is at it seems and I think just like any other case where media are tripping over each other for news ... discrepancies abound. Comments by Mrs. Liknes seem to vary and then the one neighbor who claims his own grand kids played with Nathan in the park Sunday afternoon while all reports claim Nathan didn't arrive at his grandparents' house until late, around 10 pm. Or were the kids in the park after 10 pm and not in the afternoon?   

Miracle

• View Profile
It is still day light here in Alberta well after 10pm.  We see kids playing in the parks here after 10pm.

capeheart

• View Profile
Not all is at it seems and I think just like any other case where media are tripping over each other for news ... discrepancies abound. Comments by Mrs. Liknes seem to vary and then the one neighbor who claims his own grand kids played with Nathan in the park Sunday afternoon while all reports claim Nathan didn't arrive at his grandparents' house until late, around 10 pm. Or were the kids in the park after 10 pm and not in the afternoon?   
SAP, that is what I understood. That when Nathan was dropped off to stay on Sunday night, that his grandmother had her pyjamas on and the grandfather had shorts and a T shirt on. This was written or said on TV, because I distinctly remember that. So that is two different stories. And that is why I indicated that earlier to Baba, so I know what you mean when there are different stories on the go. Sure is a scarey situation here, hope there are some answers. But that truck should be able to be identified.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

Did the police check to see if there was any money from the sale of items in the house?

Some things are not adding up.  Why take them out of the home?  Just tie them up and take whatever you want.
Removing 3 people is a lot of work, and the risks of being seen in doing so would be great.  Neighbours on both sides.

The driver of the truck - if he knew there was a sale going on - would not have driven around.  I wonder if this sale caught him by surprise?  Which leads to possibly a different theory other than estate sale.?

JB
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:46:13 AM by jellybean »

looking

• View Profile
It would be quicker to just steal another vehicle.  I see there are lots of violent people on the Calgary's Most Wanted list. Probably one of them.
If it were more than one person, how would they all fit into that truck?