Author Topic: Kathy & Alvin Liknes & Nathan O'Brien - Murdered - June 29, 2014 - Calgary, AB  (Read 102947 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
This is a very troubling missing report on Nathan and his grandparents. They are now missing since yesterday morning at 10:00 a.m. But how long before that. What is so troubling is that all of their vehicles are at home. This does not look like an isolated area, seems to be homes around there. After reading the report, I believe  they were abducted and somebody took them by surprise. What about the father of Nathan??? Was there any custody battle going on for Nathan? There is only mention of his mom dropping him off at the grandparents. The fact there has been no contact is very troubling. Did they have cell phones??? Most people who are involved with children do have cells. And were there any video surveillance cameras in the area that could pick up any information.  My hope is that all are found safe. But the wave of crimes that have been happening on the west coast lately, don't usually end up very good. My prayers to the mom and family that everyone is okay. :o :o :o :o :o

Have faith

• View Profile
I agree cape, this case sounds ominous.  Per the link below, LE state that there are no custody issues with this family.  It does seem strange that they would vanish just before moving away to Mexico.  I also don't like the sound of signs in the house show that they did not leave on their own volition.  This is all very concerning.

herald.com/news/calgary/Police+hunt+missing+Calgary+couple+their+grandson/9989542/story.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgary-police-missing-boy-grandparents-did-not-leave-on-their-own-volition-1.1894229

canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-grandparents-still-missing-as-amber-alert-remains-active-1.2693188

modified to include other links
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:20:18 PM by Have faith »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Links are being broken rather quickly.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgary-police-missing-boy-grandparents-did-not-leave-on-their-own-volition-1.1894229

Calgary police: Missing boy, grandparents 'did not leave on their own volition'

jellybean

• View Profile
Tim Bosma advertised his vehicle.  Perhaps the advertising of an estate sale by the grandparents, brought thieves to their home, in the wee hours.  If all monies from the sale had been deposited in the bank, then the thieves may have taken them hostage to access their bank accounts - and who knows from thereon?  Obviously the thieves had their own vehicle, as the vehicles of the grandparents have been accounted for.

Just a guess.

JB

SAP

I would agree JB. Mr. Liknes has made considerable inventions which cut costs in the oilfields and also others to do with well water pumping efficiency. If the estate sale was advertised, the thieves likely did some homework and knew he was valuable to them in terms of money.
I'd like to think they are alive but the state of the house doesn't sound good.

capeheart

• View Profile
I wasn't aware they  :o  :omoving to Mexico. On the link I read earlier today, it did not state that. It is very suspect that all of their vehicles were there. Their daughter did not know of anything they were doing to prevent contacting her. It surely is scary. What was the reason for moving to Mexico, anybody have any idea on that? Mexico these days is not a very safe place to live. But the fact that they disappeared before even going to Mexico, very unusual. There was another whole family disappeared in the US, a couple of years ago. A real mystery, everything was left in the home and I don't know if they were ever found or not. Cannot remember the names of the people. :o

jellybean

• View Profile
quote Capeheart: My hope is that all are found safe. But the wave of crimes that have been happening on the west coast lately, don't usually end up very good. unquote:

Just to gently let you know, Calgary is not on the West Coast.  The West Coast refers to BC - the Pacific Ocean.
It is the only province that sits on a coast - the Pacific Coast - west from the waters of the East coast.

Calgary is in  Alberta, which is the Prairies.

I too have difficulty in discerning the Geo of our country, what province sits on what - I have to look it up!
So sad, especially on Canada Day.

I know that being down east - everything is out west or west coast.  I say down east myself, when referring to a place, east of where I live.

JB :)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:07:17 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
Thank you SAP!!

quote from article provided by SAP,

"Neighbour Lindsay Bumanis stopped by the sale several times on Friday afternoon, as pink estate sale signs throughout Parkhill and an online Kijiji ad instructed.

Just about everything in the residence was for sale, she said.

"I chatted with the owners....the wife was really chatty and friendly and she said she was selling everything and they were moving to Mexico."

Bumanis said the homeowner said it felt great to downsize. "Every room was set up to sell. They had tables of stuff everywhere.... Couches were for sale, tables, just everything," she said.

Sherry Card stopped by the sale on Saturday and said the Liknes told attendees they were moving and would be staying with somebody else for a short period of time.

From the number of people perusing items in the home, to the actual items for sale, everything seemed normal, Card said.

"It seemed like a typical garage sale. I go to them all the time," she said.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
Here is a point, at least a thought.  If - the perps wanted the bank card number, they would have tied up his wife and grandchild, and taken him to the bank.

Why bring all three?  Because these punks perhaps live in the area, and something happened during the entry to their home, that they would have been known to this couple and perhaps even the little boy?

I am sure the cops are checking out this couples bank cards, and appropriate camera's.

JB
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:41:53 PM by jellybean »

ConcernedCitizen

• View Profile
Update:   from MSN by cbcnews.ca about 12 hours ago: The update says that the little boy
Nathan has "BROWN eyes" not Blue.

Just some of my thoughts/questions on this horrible news.

1.   Is it possible if the people involved are sophisticated *&%(** they could have driven to the
      Estate Sale to pick up the couple, then had a small plane waiting somewhere to complete the trip
      to their destination?

2.   Are there any other family members, maybe someone who felt they deserved some of the Estate
      Money & felt like they weren't going to get their share? Have the Police checked all these other
      members (if any) including their vehicles to see if they are where they are supposed to be?

3.  In the last ? post, just above mine, a neighbour said "they were going to stay with some other people
     for a while..... Did these plans which could have been further down the road by days/weeks/months or more
     get interrupted so abruptly?

I do hope they are found safe & sound. My heart goes out to them & the other family members.

-----------------------

Have faith

• View Profile
The Calgary Herald posted a timeline.  I will copy it as links are broken quickly.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Amber+Alert+Timeline+events/9991492/story.html?__federated=1

Have faith

• View Profile
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:06:28 PM by Have faith »