Author Topic: HR found in Ottawa | Thompson and Steen Roads | April 17, 2014  (Read 4669 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Human remains have been found by a couple walking alongside a road, at Thompson and Steen intersection in Ottawa.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Ottawa/ID/2450449661/

Actually, this report says south of Ottawa:

CTV Ottawa
Published Friday, April 18, 2014 4:03PM EDT
Ontario Provincial Police say human remains have been discovered in the Winchester area, about an hour south of Ottawa.
Officers received a call Thursday evening about remains found on Steen Rd. near Thompson Rd. north of Winchester.
The preliminary police investigation has identifed the remains as human. The identity of the deceased person and the cause of death have yet to be determined.
An autopsy is scheduled in Oshawa on Tuesday.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Stormont Dundas and Glengarry OPP at 613-534-2223 or 1-888-310-1122.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/human-remains-found-in-winchester-area-1.1782130

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: HR found in Ottawa | Thompson and Steen Roads | April 17, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
Homicide probe into human remains found near Winchester, Ont.
Neighbours believe remains are of local man who disappeared in 2009
CBC News Posted: Apr 25, 2014 6:54 AM ET Last Updated: Apr 25, 2014 8:14 PM ET

Neighbours believe the remains found near Winchester, Ont., last week, now subject of a murder investigation, could be the body of a local man who disappeared in 2009.

Raymond Collison was last seen in 2009 outside the McCloskey Hotel in Chesterville when he was 58 years old. At the time, he was living in a trailer on a farm just one road over from where the badly decomposed human remain body were discovered.

"He just disappeared. Nobody seemed to know where he went. His relations didn't seem to know where he went. Nobody knew," he said.

Vern Williamson said Collison was a handy man who fixed up houses and hung out at the hotel.

Crime scene tape lies in a ditch off Steen Road, where human remains were found April 17, 2014. OPP say the case is now a homicide investigation. (Kristy Nease/CBC)

"He was a quiet fellow. He didn't bother anybody that I know of. But, like I say, he used to go over to Ivan's in the afternoon and have a couple of drinks," Williamson said.

Two people walking along Steen Road near Thompson Road called police the night of April 17 after finding the remains in a ditch.

The Ontario Provincial Police said an autopsy completed Wednesday revealed the remains belong to an adult male who died as a result of foul play, but more forensic testing needs to be done to determine his identity.

A police source told CBC News the remains have been there for several years and could be in connection to a missing person in the area.

Anyone with information on this case can call OPP at 613-534-2223 or 1-855-835-5677.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/homicide-probe-into-human-remains-found-near-winchester-ont-1.2621581

george_p

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »
According to the Winchester Press  news papper  this area is no stranger to the lose of human life in Feb 2007 Randy Rankin known locally has Koo Koo the Clown , or Lunch Box was shot and killed inside his Thompson Road home, in Sept 2002 the body of 58 year old Fern Patenaude  was discovered in a burnt-out pickup truck on Lafleur Road, just East of steen Road, no one has ever been arrested in relation to Patenaude,s death at that time his property had been subject to has many has 15 fires , two of his horses were shot , one killed and sexually mutilated .

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 04:35:57 AM »
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Police+contact+missing+brother+homicide+investigation+begins/9775622/story.html

Almost five years after his brother went missing, Bill Collison was waiting Friday to hear whether forensics would confirm that his brother was the victim of a homicide.
[

quote]Raymond Arnold Collison, born in 1950, was 58 years old when he was reported missing to OPP on Sept. 21, 2009. He was last seen almost a month before by friends at the McCloskey Hotel in Chesterville, which is about 10 minutes east of Winchester on County Road 43.

At the time, Collison, who had a tattoo of three interlocking hearts on his right forearm, was riding a white CCM bicycle with red lightning bolts. Police said he was known to work odd jobs here and there for cash and sometimes used the alias Bert Baker.[/quote]

July

• View Profile
HR identified: Raymond Arnold Collison | April 17, 2014 Ottawa
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/police-identify-human-remains-found-near-winchester-in-april

Police identify human remains found near Winchester in April
Marie-Danielle Smith
Published on: June 13, 2014 | Last Updated: June 13, 2014 8:42 PM EDT

SAP

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 01:26:25 PM »
Thank you for the update July. RIP Raymond. :(
I hope the family finds justice and peace.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
The newspaper accounts say that Raymond lived in a trailer on A farm...I wonder, does that mean it was his farm or did he live on a farm in the trailer, but there was also another (main) residence?   If there is another residence then I wonder why the people living there didn't report him missing before a whole month went by? The articles say he was last seen by friends a month before he was reported missing.  I also wonder where his bicycle is....is it at the trailer, or missing?
Also, is there a serial killer in those parts?   Hmm

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
The newspaper accounts say that Raymond lived in a trailer on A farm...I wonder, does that mean it was his farm or did he live on a farm in the trailer, but there was also another (main) residence?   If there is another residence then I wonder why the people living there didn't report him missing before a whole month went by? The articles say he was last seen by friends a month before he was reported missing.  I also wonder where his bicycle is....is it at the trailer, or missing?
Also, is there a serial killer in those parts?   Hmm

Jobo, as usual you have made some very keen observations! Now, it makes me wonder too!!
JB