Author Topic: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014  (Read 46552 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 08:29:02 AM »
What are some of the other possibilities? :-\

I have conflicting views on her disappearance.
This is absolutely terrible.  Her parents, friends and colleagues must feel desperate by now.

Anyone with information that may assist in locating Hundsdoerfer is asked to contact the EPS at 780-423-4567 or #377 from a mobile phone, or the RCMP Rocky Mountain House Detachment at 403-845-2881. Anonymous information can be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online.

jb
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:36:48 AM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
Friends have scoured the general area to Anina's work location downtown. This is a partial quote from those who connected with the police:

"they (police) also stressed that they are taking the proper standard forensic steps like they would in any investigation i.e. looking at camera footage in the building, inspecting the car for items and finger prints, etc. and I think it is safe to assume they will search any areas where they know she was seen last (her workplace) and anywhere their findings lead them."

This page has had over 600 views so far. Anina has relatives overseas who are reaching out for info through people on FB and media, so the above had been written for clarity for the friend of Anina's family to ensure them that all necessary investigation is proceeding.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
Thank you for your post SAP.

Anina has a wonderful FB page set up by her friend.  People are responding in positive ways, and those from outlying areas are encouraged to print it, and pass it around. People are prepared to go "all out" to do whatever they can for locating Anina.

I have confidence in Edmonton Police, and I am sure they are investigating every avenue as to her disappearance.

On my own part, should I  find anything in media, if it is posted, then at least there will be an up-to-date record of her missing on Unsolved, and  perhaps a reader of her thread, may call in a tip to authorities. That is my own personal hope.

If other posters find something in media, I am sure it will be posted.

JB
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:01:37 AM by debbiec »

SAP

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
Missing posters are everywhere now and they want to get them into BC as well so everyone on FB can do "shares" to help out. Police have alot to sift through with what they find in Edmonton and the route out to Nordegg (cams and such at gas stations, etc) so they will be busy putting that altogether. Interviews, etc. It will take some time.
My thoughts are with Anina, her friends and her family near and afar.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
If the location of where her vehicle was found could be posted, then other concerned citizens could go search.

SAP

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 06:04:40 PM »
Taken from reply #4 on page 1.

http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/985340/teams-continue-search-for-missing-edmonton-woman-anina-hundsdoerfer/

According to above link, the search was externsive on foot and also by air for quite a distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Earlier I was thinking heavily on work related, however it could also be a possibility that if Anina was abducted, it was set to look like it was work related so the real perps could set some distance between themselves and Anina being missing. That again would mean some familiarity with Anina and her work.
I am having difficulty seeing a random act of abduction for that reason.

If the friends are still searching we wouldn't know if anything was found because they have been asked not to go public with anything and to call police tipsline. I'm thinking this will take time piecing together however that the search will be successful.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:09:10 PM by SAP »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 02:27:10 AM »
I believe that Anina's car was found on the side of the road....Highway #734...between Rocky Mt.House and Nordegg.  Am I correct, is that around 3 hours from Edmonton?

Puzzling, yes it is.   I would think if it was abduction, it would be rare unless it was someone from her life; either personal or professional.  Sounds like she knew a lot of people.

If she wanted to harm herself would she just park on the side of a highway?  And why there, did she know the area? 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:39:20 AM by jobo »

SAP

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
Yes Jobo that is where Fish and Wildlife officers found her car. The road is gravel. The area supposedly does not have much traffic this time of year and the snow was still high. If Anina had headed into the forests there would have been tracks, or if she was injured by someone right there, that should have been noticeable. I guess some are thinking (I am) that Anina would know the area due to her research on the pine beetle infestation.
Car was found locked but no other info given. Looks more like the car was deposited there. Unless if she drove there and met someone else and they drove further in the other vehicle to find an area with less snow so they could get into the forest easier. The locked car ... would a car hijacker even bother to lock doors? I doubt it.
Was Anina alone at the office the Saturday she went in on her day off? Government offices are usually closed for the weekend. I hope that co-wokers might know what she was doing there on a Saturday as it could be a good clue as to where she could have been headed for sure.

eta: The drive from Edmonton to where her car was found is approx 3.5 hours.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:44:22 AM by SAP »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »
It is reported that she was in the office from 1 to 3 pm. If she left at 3pm, and traffic in Edmonton is heavy at 3, even on a Saturday, then at the very least she would have arrived at the trunk road at 6:30 pm.  Very dark there.
Therefore, I doubt very much that Anina drove there.  If she was doing research, why not on a Sunday, or a Monday, leaving early and being well prepared?

I think, if  a person was involved in her disappearance, he would have been familiar with that area. Locking car doors behind you is often instinctive - with the exception of a robbery. 

I wonder if pine beetle research was going on in that area? I don't know - her colleagues would know.

I guess we could Goggle that.

jb

SAP

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
From what I've read on the pine beetle research, it's being done all along the foothills through USA to BC and AB.
Anina was involved in many research docs. There also were competitions available at times with winners being offered further studies at McGill U as the prize.

eta: They have found that the pine beetle has "mutated" and now instead of once yearly, they produce twice yearly. That must have put their research on a fast track and perhaps there was a reason to go out quite suddenly.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:54:42 PM by SAP »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 05:05:27 PM »
There has been very little in the way of updates since the car was found. No doubt they are pouring over computer and cell phone records. Whatever caused her to deviate from her usual schedule on the day she disappeared is one of those coincidences that needs be looked into and may lead somewhere. She never took a phone or purse so I too doubt she was planning to go anywhere for long. On google maps that area around 99 Ave. and 108 St. seems an area that would be well covered by surveilance cameras. The Alberta legislature is just a couple of blocks away, the Solicitor generals office is on the same block as where she was last known to be. There should be surveilance all over. Perhaps the silence means they have something to go on?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
So her cell ph was in the office, is that correct?  And I do suppose the record of all text and phone calls have been checked and also the line to her office. I believe that Anina was abducted.  It sounds a lot like the case in N.S. of he Saunders lady that went to collect rent from roomers who were in her apt. She disappeared and her car was found in Ontario.  Her body was found later in N.B.  Two people have been charged.  I wonder if the whole building has been searched from top to bottom that she was in that day.  And I would be assuming that there is a great deal being done re video surveillance and checking phone records. Hopefully there will be some news soon.  And I forgot to mention, what about the area that the government building is situated in, is it known for criminal activity on a high scale?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2014, 04:15:04 AM »
I wonder who else was in the building that day.
 I find it unusual that if Anina left on her own accord, that she would not take her phone and I.D. with her. I wouldn't drive anywhere without my licence....would she? 
(I see the rest of you are also concerned about that.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:40:37 AM by jobo »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »
Thank you for your research SAP. This is something that perhaps may be taken into account.

I find it unusual that if Anina left on her own accord, that she would not take her phone and I.D. with her. I wouldn't drive anywhere without my licence....would she? 
(I see the rest of you are also concerned about that.)

Exactly right.
jb
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 08:13:49 AM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 08:30:36 AM »
Cape, about criminal activity in the area ... when the sun goes down and office wrokers have gone home, the area is very close to rough areas. One night several years ago a few of us finished our late evening off with a walk around the closed legislature building. The area is lit up and quite pretty. We saw no one else when we were there, however the next day there was a report of a person found murdered at the grounds and the estimated time of death was when we were still there.