Author Topic: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014  (Read 46555 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »
These remains were found "several kilometers" from her car.  IF it is her, is it possible that she had car trouble and attempted to walk to a well travelled highway to get help?

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »
http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/News/MediaReleases/AutopsyconfirmsbodyfoundnearNordeggismissingwomanfromEdmonton.aspx

For Immediate Release:15-May-2014 @ 4:00 PM

MRU #:MP14R005-3

The Edmonton Police Service Missing Persons Unit in cooperation with Rocky Mountain House RCMP have concluded the investigation into the disappearance of Anina Hundsdoerfer.

At approximately 4 p.m. on Monday, May 12, 2014,
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:50:14 AM by jellybean »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2014, 09:27:30 AM »
EPS detectives found no signs of foul play and the death is considered to be non-criminal in nature at this time.  As the death is considered non-criminal, no further information will be released by police.

Thanks JB.. Always a sad event when someone decides to do this sort of thing for whatever the reasons. She must have been more troubled than anyone really knew.. At least she has been found. Condolences to family and friends.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
Seems you were right D1, when you suggested that the police follow the road further - sadly, this is what happened, and her remains were found.

Only her family will know her cause of death - if they so choose to know.  I am taking this  message as a "read between the lines", and if true, it is still considered to be a delicate subject in our society. Sadly it is all too often the elephant in the room.

Rest in Peace Anina.  May your family have strength in going forward without you.
JB

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:19:22 PM by jellybean »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
I am taking this  message as a "read between the lines", and if true, it is still considered to be a delicate subject in our society.

The whole atmosphere around discussing suicide is tainted with all sorts of personal perceptions and pre conceived ideas about the victims of this thing. Some families think it a reflection on all of them, their dna and gene pool in question. Others find embarrassment as if the victim points at some deep dark family secret bringing to memory all the skeletons in the closet real or perceived. The silence that often ensues is a detriment to finding those who have succumbed to suicide's lure.

There are only so many possibilities behind any disappearance and knowing what you are dealing with is of extreme importance to searchers. In Anina's case, the trail could have led in two very different directions. You either had to get into Anina's head and follow where that led or get into the mind of a killer. Two very different approaches. There was barely sufficient information provided to the public to suggest suicide was a possibility and the words of the incredulous room mate gave the "impression" Anina could have been abducted. That was potentially a huge problem. Thankfully she has been found so at least all the wondering and speculating can be put to rest.

We have other threads on here where this sort of thing is also a possibility. I know it is difficult for family to acknowledge this at times but it makes a huge difference in how and where to search. Whats better, silence and wondering about a missing person forever or face down the stigma and concentrate the direction of search if and when warranted? I always vote to provide enough information for the missing to be found and for them to receive a decent burial no matter the circumstance. Its up to the family what they want to say after their loved one has been found but censorship is counterproductive prior that. imo   

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
So this wasn't an accident I guess.  She left too late in the day for it to be work related.  Car didn't break down?  It would explain why her phone was left behind.  She didn't want to be talked out of it?  Nobody saw it coming?  Sounds like she had so much going for her.
Very sad ending.  Wonder if she had left a note.  Perhaps she went to work first to tie up some loose ends before she went.  Wish she would have tried to get help for herself. 

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
I think there was always more known than was ever told the public.. I believe they know this was no accident. Silence on this issue that claims so many every year needs to stop. Anina needed help, probably for some time. Pretending everything is fine and ignoring the signs brings people to the brink. Anina had much in common with Clara Hughes who is currently on a ride to promote mental health issues. Too bad Anina could not have held on, I think these two had much in common. 

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/03/14/clara-hughes-on110-day-bike-ride-for-mental-health-awareness/

SAP

« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2014, 09:28:50 AM »
Clara Hughes has been a larger than life person promoting mental health, that it would be a wonder that Anina didn't see or watch her somewhere, especially on TV.  Kudos to Clara for bringing mental health out of the dark ages, although there is still quite a stigma attached to mental illness.

RIP Anina. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family and loved ones. :(

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »
http://alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=364751A977ECD-BD7C-AECA-24E8DFAFB1BF6641

(From the Alberta Government:) JB (This type of acknowledgment is not given out everyday) JB

May 15, 2014  Media inquiries

Minister offers condolences to the family of Anina Hundsdoerfer

Environment and Sustainable Resource Development Minister Robin Campbell issued the following statement today.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2014, 12:43:46 PM »
There could have been something personal that became a traumatic event to Anina, something we do not know about. I would say that something caused her to end her life. Nobody will ever know, but the peoplel who were closest to her. RIP Anina, condolences for her family and friends. What some people things is monumental problems, really can change lilke the weather. Sad ending for a young life. :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2016, 08:42:54 PM »
I have no idea as to the speculations swirling around the College, about Anina that prompted the following statement.

nothing other than
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my estimation, Anina needed some type of help, as waking dreams and visions is not normal and should never be taken lightly. Note: how they say "nothing other than" jmo

jb
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:47:16 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2018, 11:31:23 AM »
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/alberta/staring-back-john-de-ruiter-alberta-spiritual-leader/article37071277/

Snipped.

There was a cup of coffee on her desk, growing cold. There was her wallet and her cell phone, her purse and her winter coat, a framed picture of John. The face she had stared at for countless hours, light hair and clear blue eyes, a gaze that felt as though it could unlock the universe itself.

Anina had moved across the world to be close to John de Ruiter.
Four times a week, she and hundreds of others filled the long rows of chairs at The Oasis Centre in west Edmonton, staring silently at him for hours as he sat beatifically under a beam of light, staring back.

He was their guru and teacher, to some even a saviour, a humble messiah they called simply "John." They left their lives and families to be with him, devoted themselves completely to him and his teachings.

He arranged their marriages and relationships, their jobs and homes, gave them counsel and made their decisions, their lives winding ever more tightly around him while he drew from them their time and their labour, their money and their love.

They were Johnites or Oasis, sometimes The College, or just "the group."

Anina's mother and sisters struggled to understand. Like others on the outside, they thought it was a cult or a sect and they wondered about de Ruiter's motives and his power. They'd seen his followers sitting rapt and silent while he spoke what, to Anina's family, sounded like gibberish.

They saw how Anina had changed. How when she talked about him, she adopted his mannerisms and tone, her face becoming distant and her voice sleepy and soft, almost like an entirely different person than the one they had known.

Anina was one of hundreds of followers who sat silently with John de Ruiter, staring at him in the hope that he would stare back.

They weren't the only ones with questions. There had been allegations de Ruiter had sex with married female followers, stories about the break-up with his first wife and his relationship with two beautiful blonde sisters, who later filed court documents saying he was nothing more than a manipulator and a fraud.

Some former followers believed they'd been brainwashed or hypnotized while in the group, targeted with disturbing "psychic violence" when they left.

But though Anina's family worried, John seemed to help her and give her balance, and they didn't want to lose her altogether. If forced to choose, they knew, she would choose him.

Despite her devotion, Anina didn't always understand the things John did, the things he called on her and others to do. In the winter of 2014 she found herself increasingly confused and questioning, even as she tried to push those feelings aside. She knew doubting, even in oneself, showed a lack of faith. In true belief, there were no questions.

"Part of me wonders why John entrusted such teaching to me when it is likely to have me spinning," she'd written in her diary, a few weeks earlier.

"But I am able to not spin. I am able to be clear. He said I am really learning. Don't mix levels. With John you will never have less difficulty. He will always give you more."

It was Saturday, March 22, 2014. There was an event that night that Anina had marked in her calendar as "Party with John." But she offered her ticket for sale on the group's private message board instead.

Then she left her cup of coffee and her wallet, her cell phone and her winter coat, her framed picture of John de Ruiter with his eyes as vast and blue as heaven, and headed into the darkness of a cold Edmonton night.