Author Topic: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014  (Read 46554 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 05:08:27 PM »
A lot of questions: (1) Why did she not have her cell ph with her, was that in the office??? (2) Was her purse in the office???? (3) Are there video surveillance camera's in and around that buiding???? Abduction may have ocurred.  Did she have anyone stalking her???? Was there a new boyfriend or an ex boyfriend??? It does not sound good.  And did she actually make it into the building.  And it is good that her phone is there, the police can get a record of all calls she made.  Was she depressed??? Did she own a great deal of money???? Was her CC used or is it missing.  She possibly would not be going into the woods with snow up to your knees.  A long time to be missing with no credble leads. Sounds to me as if she disappeared on her own or was abducted from the office.  Is there proof that she did get to the office?????

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »
Capeheart - all excellent questions and observations.

to add to the list -
What type of footwear was she wearing?
Did she carry camping gear or survival kit in her trunk?
Did she carry snow shoes in her trunk?

Do her co-workers know, or can they guess why Anina would go into the office on a Saturday?
Or - was she working with another employee in the office,  at that time, thus her time spent there was confirmed?
Has Anina ever  been to that area (where her car was found) before??

If she did drive to that area, can any of her co-workers come up with a plausible reason??

Did she keep a work notebook, that she would use when in the field?  Is it in the office, at her home,  or is it missing?

Anyone care to add the list?

jb

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:33:47 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »
With the drive being approx 3 1/2 hours and she left the office around 3 pm, darkness would be setting in pretty fast. Are pine beetles studied best in darkness? I'll have to look that up.
Also when female scientists are going out like that in remote areas, would it not be necessary for someone else from the company going with her?

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 12:39:39 AM »
I've beetleprobed, but never at night.  I think she was either driven there or she was taken to another location from work and her car was disposed of where it was found.  Either way, a second vehicle would be needed to get back to Edmonton.   Hitchhiked or an accomplice.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 11:13:49 AM »
I agree with SAP and looking. It does not make sense that she would head out of Edmonton for this location in the late afternoon. - and looking, your comment, quote: Either way, a second vehicle would be needed to get back to Edmonton.   Hitchhiked or an accomplice. unquote.  I thought about that as well.  I am wondering if perhaps that individual lives in that area, (where the car was located). There have been about 3 attempted car hijackings here in Edmonton (very brazenly attempted in daylight hours) all unsuccessful to date that I am aware of. (that is one possibility out of many). ???

Anina simply vanished - I have confidence that the police will investigate every angle possible.
I have a terrible feeling that this will take some time.
Bless her friends, colleagues and her family.  We read about disappearances happening to others, but never think for a moment that it can happened to a loved one.

Edmonton is not as safe as we like to believe.

jb

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:09:06 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »
Anina would have needed snowshoes to traverse the forest due to high snow in the area so I can't believe she drove out there on her own steam to do any research so late in the afternoon. She has been at this work for a long time, knows the conditions and the length of time necessary for the drive, etc.

Looking at the area of her workplace, there is construction going on and very little parking facilities ... on the next block is a parkade. I don't know whether the office building had underground parking.

Her friends and co-workers in the hundreds had met with police and they reported getting little info, which is understandable in an ongoing investigation, however I hope that anyone of them who knew of any other people Anina may have known or associated with have given police all they know and that police take every tip seriously.

I have seen on her Find FB site that missing posters with all info have gone out to many locations throughout the general area plus further on. I still think it is work related somehow especially being that her car was found in an area she would be doing research at some time since that is where the majority of pine beeltes are. There are many entities looking into and researching the pine beetles and some are across the border in the footlhills.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 03:51:10 PM »
Her coworkers would know if she was scheduled to work out in that area by herself.  I suspect foul play.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »
I would get gas station surveillance footage on the routes between Edmonton and her vehicles final location.  If she works in a bad area of town then a transient or construction worker could have taken her.  Any X lovers in the picture?

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 12:52:30 AM »
Seems more than one person would need to be involved if any sort of foul play was involved. You would need another vehicle to get out of the area.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »
Seems more than one person would need to be involved if any sort of foul play was involved. You would need another vehicle to get out of the area.

But we are assuming that he would want to or need to return to Edmonton. He may have used the car to get home to his general area??

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
Word has it that her laptop is being checked.

jb

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 02:13:43 PM »
The area where her car was found was not a residential area. It is described as being remote. The sort of place where you may want to dump a vehicle but only if you had another means of transport out of there.

found parked along a remote section of road in the area.

The circumstance is very unusual and it does not look good.. imo 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »
As a poster stated this was a3 and a half hour drive, that sure changes things. I believe her car was taken to that spot by someone unknown. Could she have planned on meeting someone at the office???? Okay, if her cell phone is not with her, I believe she was taken very quickly. I do hope that when the police took her car, that they took fingerprints off the wheel and also the door and the driver's side. Also took photos of the driver's seat and it's position. A person usually has the seat set to their comfort zone for their height and so on. If the seat was moved greatly out of the usual position, another clue. Hoping the police get a record of all calls on her cell phone and her office phone also.  How many people would be in this buildng on an off day? Would she be alone in a big building, scary, even in day time.  :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:27:09 PM by capeheart »

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
The cops know all the usual stuff to analyze, but I wonder if they'd get a cadaver dog to check if there's been a human corpse in the trunk?

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 07:40:34 PM »
Here is an article on Edmonton's car hijacking.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-police-investigate-2-unrelated-carjacking-incidents-1.2520546

quote: 'It's important to remember these incidents happen fairly regularly, unfortunately, and they're all not related to each other.'

- Staff Sgt. Barry Maron, Edmonton police
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am not saying that her disappearance happened that way.  But it is something to consider.
Remember what happened to the McCanns.

jb