Author Topic: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014  (Read 46553 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/disappearance-of-alberta-government-scientist-troubles-police-1.2585784

(cannot insert picture) anyone??

Disappearance of Alberta government scientist troubles police
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:53:36 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Anina Hundsdoerfer - young scientist missing-March 22, 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »
Anina Hundsdoerfer is pictured below.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
FAcebook - Find Anina
https://www.facebook.com/findaninahundsdoerfer

Here is one comment on this facebook

Snow in the area where the car was found is reportedly waist high. RCMP are likely searching with Helicopter and other equipment because of the remoteness of the area, so it is best that friends do not try to turn up to help as this would further hamper the efforts. But please continue to share the poster with your contacts.

jb
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:19:27 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 09:19:38 AM »
http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/985340/teams-continue-search-for-missing-edmonton-woman-anina-hundsdoerfer/

Updated: March 27, 2014 | 6:54 pm

Few clues were unearthed during a grid search Thursday in the dense bush west of Rocky Mountain House, following the disappearance of an Edmonton woman.

Anina Hundsdoerfer, 32, was last seen on Saturday. Fish and Wildlife officers located her car Tuesday two hours west of Rocky Mountain House, prompting local RCMP to launch a thorough search and rescue effort in the area.

Rocky Mountain House RCMP Staff Sgt. Bill Laidlaw said
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:10:36 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:09:39 AM »
Questions Abound:

As per CBC,  "The 32-year-old went into work on her day off, but hasn't been seen since. She left behind her phone and ID. Her 2005 blue Toyota Echo is also gone.

She left behind her phone and ID where?  At home?  Or at work?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 12:23:00 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/search-called-off-for-missing-edmonton-woman-1.2590882

Search called off for missing Edmonton woman Her vehicle showed no signs of trouble and was left locked up by the side of the road.

According to the facebook - the search is continuing in other areas.  Looks like  the police have not given up!! -
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 09:43:51 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
I don't know Anina, I have never had the pleasure of meeting her.

I just cannot picture her leaving Edmonton at 3pm and heading so far out of town, without telling anyone. 

Actually, I just cannot picture a woman driving out of Edmonton at 3 pm and heading toward Nordegg - without a firm destination, lodgings reserved, etc.
Keeping this mind, causes me great Alarm and concern for her well being.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that her building was checked top and bottom, and that the area around this building was also checked.

To fellow Edmontonians

If per chance, you saw something unusual near 99 Ave and 108 St, or anything that struck you as odd,   that Saturday afternoon and dismissed it, please go over it again in your mind, as it may be vitally important to Anina's disappearance  and contact.....  EPS at 780-423-4567

JB
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:36:04 PM by jellybean »

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 10:41:10 PM »
I wonder if tracking dogs were used at her workplace. I don't think she drove the vehicle to where it was found.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 10:16:52 AM »
I wonder if tracking dogs were used at her workplace. I don't think she drove the vehicle to where it was found.

I agree - This is the address of her workplace.  Environment & Sustainable Resource Development, in Forest Health & Adaptation Section on the 8th floor of Great West Life Building at 9920 - 108 Street.
Note: There is a community Mental Health Clinic nearby.
jb

SAP

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 10:32:32 AM »
I don't like that area at all. I had lawyers in that building at one time and I hated going into this area. I was actually afraid. Getting hit up for money and once when I was still sitting in the car, having my "sin" (a smoke) before I ventured out, someone even tapped at my window and asked to "borrow" a cigarette.
I wonder where she parked or whether they had underground parking for staff.

I think you could be right JB and that someone apprehended her when she got back to her car. Going out deep into the country is just not a reasonable thing to do when darkness comes early this time of year and I really doubt she went out there for work purposes at all.

eta: Why would she have gone to work on a day off? If she had remembered she had some paperwork to do or if someone asked her to come in, imo.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
According to the facebook -her burgundy coat was found in her office. The clothing description said that she was wearing a burgundy coat!!

So, (if she did not have a spare coat)- with  the burgundy coat left behind, along with her cell phone and ID (if left in the office) would be very strange indeed. Nothing has really been very clear.
And here is another thing that "gets me".  Her car was found locked. Unless the person who took the car, automatically locked it out of his or her own habit.

jb 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:04:27 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/987870/friends-rally-for-missing-edmonton-woman/

March 30, 2014 Updated: March 30, 2014 | 10:02 pm 

Friends rally for missing Edmonton womanHendley noted Hundsdoerfer is most likely wearing a brown, ski jacket.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:44 AM »
Well the coat has been cleared up. The burgundy coat was in her office, however,  she wore a brown ski jacket.

Did she leave her cell phone and ID at her house?  Or did she leave it behind in her office?

jb

SAP

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »
Where the car was found is smack in the middle of a long forestry road, although this one would have more traffic than logging roads.

http://www.graveltravel.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74%3Aforestry-trunk-road&catid=1&Itemid=19