Author Topic: Jake Surerus| 25 | Unsolved Murder | Barrie| May 23, 2013  (Read 4076 times)

canadianexpat

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:24:01 PM by debbiec »

canadianexpat

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:07:17 PM by canadianexpat »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Surerus| 25 | Unsolved Murder | Barrie| May 23, 2013
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »
Canadianexpat.  Welcome to unsolved.  How very tragic indeed.  Hopefully, the reward will bring forth tips, or there may be the offchance that someone "overheard" something and will pass it on to crimestoppers.

Is there a facebook page set up for him?  Sometimes that may  also bring in information.

My heart goes out to his family. 

jb

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:31:49 AM by jellybean »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
Terrible to not have answers.  I have watched shows where they can find paint chips on a victim from the vehicle that struck him/her. . I wonder how far into investigating did they go?   If the Police have the number of the last caller to his cell phone, well that's a pretty good lead....no?

Are the Barrie Police working with Metro Toronto Police?  Hopefully.

Seems to me there is one or two unsolved murders of females in Sudbury that seem to point towards dealers from the GTA as well...makes me wonder if these thugs are trying to take over the small cities; and/or if there is any connection between Barrie and Sudbury and GTA? 

I feel for Jake's loved ones, hopefully the reward will bring answers, but as we know the drug trade can be dangerous...my guess it would have to be someone that is NOW far removed from the drug scene to maybe come forward with a Tip...but it can be scary unless they are guaranteed that they are kept anonymous. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:15:51 PM by jobo »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 11:32:27 PM »
Could someone explain how they think he died. Did he hit the street light by being dragged? The force killing him. How can that happen. And why would they chose that method. They say he had two brain injuries he survived, how did those happen? Was someone trying to make it look like another injury. Something about this sounds odd. It would be interesting to get clarification.

SAP

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »
How sad a situation for the family! I hope there are answers forthcoming for them and justice for their son, brother.

http://www.pieceofmindcounselling.com/bio.html