Author Topic: Re: Re: Kelly Cook - 15 - Murdered - April 22, 1981 - Standard, AB - PART 2  (Read 54238 times)

D1

• View Profile
Re: Re: Kelly Cook - 15 - Murdered - April 22, 1981 - Standard, AB - PART 2
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »
I don't intend to drag on about T. Arnold, just wanted to post the final piece about that high profile cop/profiler in regard all this. Everyone of Arnold's victims cases have something that kept Arnold from being identified or prosecuted as the prime suspect. Kelly was no different and it would have been hard to see or detect at the time. However once the pattern begins to show, you do have to backup and take a second look.

Even the prosecutor in Barb Stoppel's murder case has come under fire for his part in keeping the heat off T. Arnold by prosecuting the wrong man.

Dangerfield also prosecuted Sophonow in the early 1980s. It was later found Sophonow had been wrongly convicted and was acquitted. Sophonow has been sitting through the last few weeks of Driskell's wrongful conviction inquiry, in support of James Driskell.

In responding to the objection, Lockyer told the inquiry that at the end of the proceedings, he intends to ask the commission to recommend a full examination of Dangerfield's past cases "insofar as there may be concerns in the manner he prosecuted them."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/driskell-lawyer-calls-for-review-of-crown-prosecutor-s-cases-1.611101

It never happened, no inquiry... This is all part of the system and how it works now in Canada. What happened here with Kelly and the others was authorized at a much higher level than anyone knew imo. Much like the then illegal, secret, lsd experiments conducted on Canadian citizens with the knowledge and consent of the Canadian government under CIA direction. That took forever to uncover and court cases are still underway to decide who gets paid off to this day. They damaged many lives with little to no regard.

That is where this should go too, (once you know) inquiries and class action law suits; but I suspect the damages caused and the resultant implications would be too deep and widespread for it to ever happen.  Meantime, do remember Kelly and keep talking. Mention her name as many times and for as long as possible.. Maybe someone will guilt up on their death bed or something and spill the last few beans..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:42:13 AM by D1 »

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »
Anyone reading through this far may notice that the last several pages here don't make much sense. There was a site shutdown for a week or so back around the 20th/ June. Several posts are now missing entirely or partially. So be it, Kelly never caught any breaks during her brief life and I guess nothing has changed.

wellwell

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »
Anyone reading through this far may notice that the last several pages here don't make much sense. There was a site shutdown for a week or so back around the 20th/ June. Several posts are now missing entirely or partially. So be it, Kelly never caught any breaks during her brief life and I guess nothing has changed.

Egads. Never getting a break.

I keep watching obituaries in the Standard-Hussar area, and keep hoping that as people get together from far and wide, Kelly might be remembered, or something new might come up in passing. You know, a flashback while passing the site of the old gas station or something.So far, nothing has happened, except that more and more people from the area are getting old and passing away. The chance of getting key information that might solve this case is looking pretty slim.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2018, 04:11:41 PM »

I did not remove any posts D1. Can't speak for anyone else.

Do you know who's posts were removed? Just glancing through I see posts that I would think some people may have seen as controversial, but they remain.

Just so you are aware: I read all posts. I do that on a daily basis. If I saw any (valid) reason not to leave them up they would be removed within that time frame. Even if someone complains because they do not like the content, they are not removed unless I feel there is a legitimate reason.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »
Not thinking it was anything due to you Deb, sorry for the inference, wasn't thinking. But.. whatever occurred during the shut down took out some info, nothing too earth shattering just saying. Post 225, the blank quote... post 245 two unanswered quotes.. I always post the quote then the answer in sequence. My answers are not there. There is more but what do you do? Prior the shutdown viewing on Kelly was increasing like it hadn't in a fair bit of time. 50,300 on 18/06/04  ... 51,936 a few days later.. Now back to the usual dribble of visitors. Remember the first unsolved site way back when unsolved came up first when you did a GOOGLE SEARCH of the murder victims names? Not always so anymore.. Maybe it was just an illusion that something could be accomplished by posting on an unsolved website.. Don't like us looking like we are part of the problem and shooting ourselves in the foot on a regular basis. However it is occurring...

AaronP

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »
I did notice two themes re: how some postings were... modified. Several posts have been deleted entirely (although you can still tell that someone did post, but there's no message anymore). More common is bits and pieces of text have been removed from a number of postings, making it difficult to figure what they were about. For example, the second last post on Part 1 was made by me - I commented how some apparent first-hand knowledge was incorrect when compared against bona-fide news reporting. However, all my commentary was deleted, and all that's left is a couple of copied postings other persons made, along with a copy of a posting I made that contains an actual news article. So a person reading that posting may have no idea what it's about or why it was posted in the first place.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2018, 12:04:50 AM »
I really never noticed it on other threads but I was also not paying that much attention. Now after checking threads 1 and 2, I do see what you all are talking about. There are a lot of quotes and nothing else written by the poster who is quoting. Links to newspapers and pictures are missing, however some of those links went missing already before this last server change. Some Ontario cases were missing many vital links from newspaper archives a couple years back. I think it's just a glitch from server changes. Similar things happened when I had a forum with Americans and we used "free" Web servers, especially for picture links.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
It is not just this thread. RW's thread was hit too.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2018, 06:25:11 PM »
I really never noticed it on other threads but I was also not paying that much attention. Now after checking threads 1 and 2, I do see what you all are talking about. There are a lot of quotes and nothing else written by the poster who is quoting. Links to newspapers and pictures are missing, however some of those links went missing already before this last server change. Some Ontario cases were missing many vital links from newspaper archives a couple years back. I think it's just a glitch from server changes. Similar things happened when I had a forum with Americans and we used "free" Web servers, especially for picture links.

Unfortunately this is likely correct.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2018, 12:42:56 AM »
Here are some very plausible answers as to why this is happening. I think D1 already mentioned or made reference to something similar. The following is a help forum.

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/general-acrobat-topics/problem-hyperlinks-when-pdf-doc-goes-web-server/

Oooops, perhaps we should have had this conversation on a site thread. Sorry Debbie.