Author Topic: Re: Re: Kelly Cook - 15 - Murdered - April 22, 1981 - Standard, AB - PART 2  (Read 72400 times)

D1

• View Profile
They are saying that there is potential dna evidence to be had. The podcast is good, lots of information.. Even an offhand reference to this thread. We have been sluffed off though, too many suspects, too many theories so all lumped together and discounted.

The original target the figure skater speaks out.. She has become what T. Arnold claimed would happen to her if he killed Kelly. She would never be able to forget him.. He loved that thought... 

“When I realized, like, this could have been me, that that was the big turning point of, ‘Wow, that could have been me,’” Stacey said.

The case has impacted every aspect of her life and will continue to until the killer is caught.

wellwell

• View Profile
They are saying that there is potential dna evidence to be had. The podcast is good, lots of information.. Even an offhand reference to this thread. We have been sluffed off though, too many suspects, too many theories so all lumped together and discounted.

The original target the figure skater speaks out.. She has become what T. Arnold claimed would happen to her if he killed Kelly. She would never be able to forget him.. He loved that thought... 

“When I realized, like, this could have been me, that that was the big turning point of, ‘Wow, that could have been me,’” Stacey said.

The case has impacted every aspect of her life and will continue to until the killer is caught.

"Potential DNA" sounds a like a soft landing, another way of saying this case will not be solved now, based on the evidence.

This case was bungled in many ways at the beginning, IMO. Why wasn't a single police officer posted in the funeral home, for example? How hard would it have been to put an officer in a dark suit, looking like one of the funeral home staff? This was a high-profile unsolved murder of a minor.  Surely officers could have been doing surveillance of the various entrances/exits of the funeral home. Are we supposed to believe that this idea never occurred to anyone involved in the investigation? Bungled. Opportunity missed. The killer got away, which wasn't so hard, apparently. Heads should have rolled over that major gaffe.

D1

• View Profile
The dna may never amount to anything. Or it could become like that in Sonia Varaschin. There is some action anyway, finally. One has to at least pretend that there is some hope left til proven otherwise.. There have been some half million plus views on Kelly's two threads here over the years. There was always a call for action but it took forever to get anywhere. Maybe its like one university professor used to say, a steady drip of water will wear away rock.

But its not all in the dna anyway no matter what. Remember the funeral home employee who followed the suspect from the funeral home.. He would be the person who should be shown photos of the supposed 40 plus poi the Police have on file. He had the best look at him and the most incentive to take note of details. Witnesses who know a crime has taken place and then see something or someone related to it are far better at recalling the detail than those that have no clue of any crime having occurred and there fore have no inclination to watch closely. Unfortunately the funeral home employee adamantly placed the age of the suspect much younger than the Police profile.. He was positive of it..

In the latest podcast, there are a few strange details, one being that the fbi were responsible for a profile that placed the age of the suspect older than he may have been. All else flowed and followed that.. Including inputs into later hypnosis sessions etc.. This has likely not changed in all the years the case has gone unsolved. Yet there is one younger person who has confessed and provided detail that should only be known to the killer. His dna is on file... DNA trumps and dispels all else that may have gotten in the way previously. There is a glimmer of hope at least. 

wellwell

• View Profile
I think everyone here has been hoping Investigators would dig deeper. That's why we keep at this.

I really do believe that this investigation took a wrong turn at the beginning, perhaps because Clifford Olson was active at the time, although he had not yet been captured. I mentioned in the past how many people later became convinced he was responsible. Did this cause investigative tunnel vision? Olson used job ruses, and made use of rental cars, which would have all been late-model North American made cars in those days. Look at the composite sketch, even.

That person at the funeral home is very important. The person who saw him was not under hypnosis or any other influence. He saw what he saw. I have often wondered about the motivation for setting up that visitation. Who was it for? What was it for, and if it was a trap for the killer, why was it so poorly planned and executed?

I cannot get away from the murder of Denise Lapierre years later, just a short walk away, in the same area of the city as the funeral home. She was the niece of a Calgary police detective. Why her?

D1

• View Profile
The funeral home visitation was not set up or planned. A man merely walked in off the street, no appointment, no warning, and then just started demanding to see the body.

According T. Arnold's comments on Denise L.. ("wrong place wrong time") No preplanning, didn't know who she was, etc.. But interesting to note, it is obvious that T. Arnold was the perp, he lived right where her body was found, they have dna evidence to prove it, Denise's uncle was a ranking Calgary Police detective... yet... no charges were ever laid and no confirmation ever given to the public that T. Arnold was the killer. The case was just closed... Why? Why? Why? A can of worms wriggles just out of reach..

Basically the same went for Barb Stoppel.. T. Arnold was very obviously the perp in hindsight yet no charges were laid and no public acknowledgement given that T. Arnold was their man..

What chance has Kelly for truth or justice if T. Arnold is her killer? Its as uphill as you can get but I guess I am a bit of a closet optimist. There is a glimmer of hope, the door is ajar. I can only imagine how many prayers have been sent over the years, a half million viewers here alone could have provided the extra push for a new set of untarnished eyes.

Throw out that FBI behavioural analysis that generated the unfound perps profile..  Start again...  For starters, work backwards from T. Arnold.. Kelly would have been the first murder this man committed and maybe flew under the radar at the time.. Not so now.. There was a monster growing back then in that vicinity about to unleash terror all across N. America. None of us have heard the whole story about this guy and how he got away with so much for so long. This needs to be addressed by any investigator seeking the truth. Beware, something lurks!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:49:39 PM by D1 »