Author Topic: Tammy Robinson, 46, Clearview Township, missing March 10, 2014  (Read 9280 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
I'm sorry, I have the date posted wrong on the subject heading. She was last seen March 10 at 8 a.m., not March 11.

Another story in the Barrie Examiner claims her licence plate number is BSAM 312.

March 10 at 8 a.m. when she left for work in Collingwood.

If you see Robinson, or have any information, you can reach Huronia West OPP at 705-429-3575 or 1-888-310-1122.

http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/police-expand-search-for-missing-clearview-woman-1.1724195
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:07:30 PM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
Re: Tammy Robinson, 46, Clearview Township, missing March 10, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:08:21 PM »
Perhaps someone should visit the house of the elderly man that abducts women in the area. The guy that goes to court, and gets to walk out a free man, over and over and over and over again. And, his name gets scrubbed from the internet. Oh, yeah, that's right they took his driving privileges away - so perhaps he wouldn't do it again.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:32:31 PM »
I'm sorry, I have the date posted wrong on the subject heading. She was last seen March 10 at 8 a.m., not March 11.

I've changed the date on the subject heading now, Concerned. :)

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:19:32 PM »
Concerned, his name is still on Kelly "Nicole" Coleman's thread....and Harold G. Dean lived in Collingwood at the time of his arrest.  (Reply #2).

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
 Thanks jobo and debbiec.

Tammy's Facebook page indicates she is a principal real estate broker. So that is another angle. I wonder if she was showing a house that morning, checking out a site, meeting with potential or current clients or interested parties. I believe we have had a couple posts that have also included real estate agents. 

They mention that she was on her way to work. I wonder if she stopped at a bank, or gas station, or coffee shop on the way. Did any businesses on her route have cameras that could indicate how far along her route she made it. And, if there was anyone following behind her.  did she have any appointments on her calendar, day planner, email? And, did any of her recent showings have any notable character run ins.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:47:23 PM by Concerned »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 02:33:03 PM »
Does anyone know what the weather conditions were like on the day Tammy went missing? We've had such bad, hot and cold, lots of snow and melted snow that I wonder if she may have swerved off and icy road. I wonder what route she took that morning and whether there is any opportunity along the roadway to miss a car that may have gotten in trouble. I find it very unlikely that her car would not have been seen by now. Also, I wonder if her bank account shows any store or fuel transactions so we would know how far she got on her path. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »
I have no idea how relevant this information is, but:

- Tammy belonged to a Facebook group called "Wasaga Beach Election 2014." The group appears to be admined by a person not happy with the current mayor/council, but says to welcome all supporters and just wants open dialogue amongst all to have a forum to express opinions. Also, the admin of the group on March 24 stated on a post "...I am getting concerned about the content of some of these posts. There have been reference made to seeking peoples IP addresses and other things. I am asking you to remove these post and refrain from making any further such posts along those lines. I will be starting to remove people from this group for continuing to move in that direction...." We all know that politics can get nasty. It wouldn't be a surprise that a real estate broker would be listening in on local issues of concern, especially dealing with real estate like Wasaga Beach. This may mean nothing, but thought I would put it on record.

- she is a owner/principal broker for Dominion Lending Centres Finance and Mortgages in Collingwood, ON  www.thebettermortgage.ca and I believe her Facebook says she lives in Collingwood, while the news reports says she lives in Clearview Township. Her broker website page is http://wasagabeach.homemove.biz/mortgage-alliance-tammy-robin/contact. So her drive to work should not have been too complicated.  I sure hope someone is asking around for the businesses to preserve their surveillance footage of all car and foot traffic along that route. Interested in any gas station, coffee place, etc that she may have routinely gone to on the way to work as well.

- at some point she held a position as Board Member of the Collingwood Chamber of Commerce, around March 2011 and August 2009, according to http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/person?personId=694695901&targetid=profile

- This report says she was last heard from (by her family) at 8 a.m. when she left for work, http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4406053-clearview-s-tammy-robinson-missing-opp/

- The weather on March 10 was high of 5 C and the low was -2 C. Partly sunny.

And the news of the day contained:

- Single Vehicle Collision Shut Down 400 - Police are looking for witnesses to yesterday's early morning rollover on the southbound 400 at Mapleview. OPP say a pick-up truck veered across all three lanes, hit a snowbank on the west shoulder and rolled several times. The 26 year old driver, from Newmarket, had to be pulled from the wreck. He was taken to hospital in Toronto with serious injuries. A 22 year old passenger from Bradford suffered minor injuries. Anyone who may have witnessed the is asked to contact the Aurora OPP Detachment at 905-841-5777. The investigating officer is PC G. Richardson. http://www.rock95.com/news/news/2014/03/10/opp-seeking-witnesses-to-highway-400-rollover

Driving Refresher Required after three highway 400 closures in two weeks - Here's hoping we can get through this week without a major closure on Highway 400. There have been three closures of the 400 over the last two weeks - one in whiteout conditions, the others on dry pavement. OPP Highway Safety Division Inspector Mark Pritchard says most collisions this winter have been due to driving too fast for the conditions or following too closely. He points out that aggressive drivers who think they're going to arrive at their destination faster are mistaken, "I saw one driver..he was doing what we call 'lane surfing..very impatient, following people too closely, making multiple lane changes. When I got off the highway he was right in front of me, and I was driving the speed limit, according to conditions, not doing any lane changes. So all that aggressive driving got him no further ahead." While there may not be anything law-abiding drivers can do to stop the aggressive ones, Pritchard says there are steps they can take to keep themselves safe, "Getting the big picture, head's up, looking far ahead of you to see what's going on and watching your mirrors - seeing what's coming up behind you - because sometimes what's going on behind you can be just as important as what's going on in front of you."  All of these tips are driving school basics that many drivers forget, or ignore, once they have their licence. http://www.rock95.com/news/news/2014/03/10/driving-refresher-required-after-three-hwy-400-closures-in-two-weeks

- A plane made an emergency landing near Elmvale.  OPP were called out to the field off Flos Rd. 7 near Highway 27 around 4:00 on Saturday afternoon, where the damaged, two-seat aircraft was sitting empty.  Investigators found the 49-year-old pilot from Bradford had to make the emergency landing around 11:00 that day, while there were no injuries to him or his 58-year-old passenger from Toronto.  No charges have been laid, but Transport Canada Safety Board has been contacted to help with the investigation. http://www.rock95.com/news/news/2014/03/10/plane-makes-emergency-landing-near-elmvale

- Police asking for help in break and enter investigations. Nottawasaga OPP are hoping the public can shed some light on a string of Break & Enters.  Police say someone broke into a home on the 10th Line of Essa on Saturday, although nothing was stolen.  Some outdoor items were taken from the backyard of a property on Jenkins St. in Adjala-Tosorontio on Saturday afternoon between 2:00 and 8:00.  And on Sunday, around 1:00 in the morning, the door to a New Tecumseth business on Highway 9 was pried open, and large quantities of cigarettes were stolen.  Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Nottawasaga OPP at (705) 434-1939 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). http://www.rock95.com/news/news/2014/03/10/police-asking-for-help-in-break-and-enter-investigations

- Arrest - Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 2:17am
Early Tuesday morning two 23 year old Alliston males were investigated by police in a motor vehicle near the intersection of Dunlop St. W and Ferndale Dr. During the investigation the driver of the vehicle failed a roadside alcohol test. The passenger who had also been drinking was on a pre-trial release with conditions, one of which was not to drink. As a result both were arrested. The driver failed two subsequent tests at the station, he was charged with drive over 80mgs and will be released by way of a promise to appear. The passenger was charged with fail to comply undertaking and held for bail. http://www.barriepolice.ca/newsroom/2014/03/press-release-nighttime-edition-march-11-2014

Did she vear off the road? Did someone take her car?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 05:08:45 PM »
If by chance it was windy that morning, it can change the roads very quickly.  Blowing snow can be a big issue out that way.  Further south around Saugeen Shores, and even further inland, the roads have been closed quite a few times this winter due to poor visibility.  I know you say the weather was partly sunny, high of 5 but if it happened to be windy that would change what sounds like a nice day. 

I would like to know what her usual route was....and where in Clearview Township she lived.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 06:46:39 AM »
Very saddened to disclose that the news reports are claiming that Tammy Robinson has been found, deceased. The details have not been released yet as the family has just been notified of her death, but not the circumstances, according to this report.

Heartfelt condolences to the family, especially her two young children, her husband and her family.

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4420722-clearview-woman-found-dead-family/

July

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
A very sad outcome.

------------------------------------------------
Apr 16, 2014
Investors out thousands in wake of broker's deathhttp://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4467834-investors-out-thousands-in-wake-of-broker-s-death/

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »
I feel very sorry for the victims - and very sorry for Tammy's family. Her family has been left under such a dark cloud.  So unfair!!

How can anyone think that their money can earn 15% interest on short term?  - or 15% an any investment?
Yet, in a way, I can understand it - especially when she used the offices of a reputable company as a backdrop for her scheme, and who would think of taking the documents to a lawyer? I mean would we ever think of taking written agreements from our banks to a lawyer first? - before we sign?

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2014/04/16/investors-say-they-are-left-in-the-lurch-after-womans-deathRobinson was the local franchisee

JB
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:31:56 PM by jellybean »

2soccermom

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
This is a very sad story for everyone. My deep condolences go out to Tammy's family, especially her two children.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »
So sorry to hear all this.