Author Topic: Susan Cadieux - January 7, 1956 - Age 5 - Murdered - London  (Read 39240 times)

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
Susan Cadieux - January 7, 1956 - Age 5 - Murdered - London
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:21:42 AM »
1956 ? Susan Cadieux, 5, of London, was playing with friends when a man who
appeared to be going to visit St. Mary's school stopped to talk to her on Jan.
6. She vanished a few minutes later. After a huge search involving thousands of
Londoners, her body was found the next morning on the CP Rail tracks near
William Street. She had been sexually assaulted.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:01:30 AM by Desespere »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Susan Cadieux - London, ON - Murdered - 1956
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 12:13:15 AM »
Wow, this is incredible! I have heard some arsonists like to get jobs as firemen.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 03:58:41 PM »
Meeting a pastor at the time is kind of weird. I wonder if this poster is trying to be a jive turkey or knows something no one else does.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Susan Cadieux - January 7, 1956 - Age 5 - Murdered - London
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:34:38 PM »
Sounds like this guy should be looked at really closely. Mega Sadistic Psychos loved jobs like this as no one would \ could question them.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »
Wow! ANd did you see that he get a day pass??? That means they were going to let him out on parole soon. He probably has a few more victims.

Good find Des, that is very very interestig.

Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:46:05 AM »
I just read all your info on the priest...that is very scary. There is so much info on this web site that I am a bit overwhelmed. I started to make my own little data base and then found all this info. I am still doing it though as from what I can tell, the ones on my list, if they weren't children, they were smaller statured adults.
By the way, remember with Bernardo, he preferred small, petite victims.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »
Wow, that is interesting Des. Such close prominity to this crime. How did you first hear of this case? Was it your grand parents?

I guess there is always a small chance one of her guests could have done it too, but this preist IMO is the most likely.

This is something I am sure your father has a clear memory of, I cannot see a child forgetting the fear this must have had on young ones back then.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »
It will be interesting if he remembers, he must if it was so close to where is knew people.

I sure wish there was a better newspaper archive online in Canada, I would love to read more about this case from what it happened. I'll see if London has this service.

cdn_cads

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
Hi,

I'm not going to take up too much of your time, BUT I have to ask, first I am Sean-Patrick Cadieux, I am 29 and I am the son of Michael Cadieux, ... Susan was My father's sister and was supposed to be my aunt.
Anyways, I am curious to know what has prompted all of you to be so interested in this case, I must say I am pretty surprised to see all this information on here as I simply googled this today ...
I am also surprised with the detail of everything on this site that no one has mentioned that the dna sequence for her abductor was solved around 2000
Also I am curious to know where all the information is coming from about my family in Ottawa?

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
 :)

I am also surprised with the detail of everything on this site that no one has mentioned that the dna sequence for her abductor was solved around 2000

Hi Sean, Wow! It is good to hear from you. I am sorry for the tragedy that happened in your family.Have they given a name to the DNA results?

This board/site was started at first, on all the missing/murdered sex trade workers out west here. We went thru the Pickton Farm, then, the Highway of Tears, and in our own backyard, the killings in Edmonton.

Des, our resident super sleuth started putting all these deaths down . Along the way, more were added.People started to join.

This board evolved into what you see today- missings/and murdered across Canada. Unsolved.

There is question if Susan's murder could be related to other children.If the same killer, did more of his dirty work.There appears to be quite a few pedophiles, who turn to killing. We want these cockroaches stopped.

((((((((hugs)))))))) to you and your family and friends. Stay safe, and take care.

PS Information comes from newspapers, what others offer in terms of information, and we discuss the issue, and why? or How, it happened. Sometimes we find linkages, to similar situations close by.We brain storm...

haunted

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
Welcome cdn_cads,

I, too, am sorry for the loss that your family has had to endure. We are all on this site for different reasons. Many of us have connections to certain cases that we wish to have solved, others are genuinely concerned citizens looking to assist in resolving cases in any way possible. This site provides a unique opportunity to state fact and opinion and theories, to keep cases alive in the public eye where the police, RCMP and other forms of media have not been able to do so. Many of us feel that some of these cases are connected, that they are the responsibility of serial killers and some cases may be isolated incidents but we have learned a lot in the past few decades regarding the psychoses of these individuals and many of them continue to commit crimes in an escalating manner.

We are interested in your aunt's case along with the others because we (I) believe that there is much to learn.

I am also very interested in more information concerning the DNA aspect of this case.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:35:15 PM »
Hi Sean, welcome. Sorry about your Aunt, as you can imagine, that crime still is shocking 50 years later to most of us. I am pleased they have a DNA sequence, were they able to match it someone or eliminte suspects?

I tell you the truth, any info about this case would be nice. Many of us are very curious about it and feel really awful it was never solved in court.

Thank you.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »
Here is a long article about Susan Cadieux. There is even a composite sketch and certainly more details than I ever knew before.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmid=46520717&GRid=18494218&

Susan Cadieux
[Suggest a correction]
Birth:   Dec. 21, 1950
Death:   Jan. 7, 1956

At about eight o'clock on the evening of Friday, January sixth, 1956, Walter and Gabrielle Cadieux's three children -- 10-year-old Michael, nine-year-old Patrick and five-year-old Susan -- left their home at 665 York Street in London, Ont. to play in the yard of St. Mary's Catholic Church, directly across the street. (The boys attended the church's adjacent elementary school, where Susan was to enter kindergarten the following fall.) With them was their 12-year-old upstairs neighbor Virginia Gereluk. After a short time at play, the children were approached by a tall, thin, unshaven man between 35 and 40 years old, wearing a Russian-style fur or wool hat, a light tan or brown overcoat, and galoshes with heavy buckles. Focusing on Susan, a bright, cheerful, friendly child -- who knew all of the priests at St. Mary's, and called out a greeting whenever she saw one of them -- he told them that he had an appointment to see the church's pastor, Father Wilfrid O'Rourke, in the rectory at nine o'clock. (Father O'Rourke had in fact had no such appointment: he later theorized that the man might have been one of the numerous street people who came to the church for money, and were especially numerous at that time of year.) Virginia fell on the ice a few feet away from the Cadieux children, and Michael and Patrick moved to help her up. A moment later, the three older children saw Susan leaving the grounds with the man. "This man is going to give me something," she called to them as she left: these were her last known words. After calling after Susan for a while, Michael, Patrick and Virginia went home; police were then called. Father O'Rourke broadcast over local radio an appeal to the abductor to "please call me and tell me where Susan can be found." CFPL radio stayed on the air overnight, issuing appeals for volunteers to aid in the search for Susan: hundreds of citizens responded, including police, armed forces personnel, Boy Scouts, Frontiersmen, civil defense workers, private detective agencies, social workers, railway workers, people from all walks of life -- and even a number of other children, many too young to understand what was happening. At about 10:10 the next morning, Susan was found dead in the warehouse yard of the Ray James construction and farm supply company on William Street, two blocks west and seven and a half blocks north of where she had vanished. Tears were frozen to her face; her underclothing had been torn; and a pair of blue jeans she had worn under her snowsuit was missing. She had been sexually assaulted, and had died from shock and exposure less than three hours before she was found; it was believed that her abductor, after the assault, had abandoned her in the yard. Over the previous year, 10 other young girls in the city had been victims of sex attacks: Susan's death, the first fatality in such an attack, only served to heighten the attendant public outrage. According to Catholic teaching, Susan, because she had died under the age of reason, was incapable of sin and therefore was automatically admitted to heaven. Therefore, on Monday, January ninth, Susan was buried following a Mass of the Angels at St. Mary's Church, with Father O'Rourke as celebrant. During his oration, the priest said: "Degenerates, like mad dogs, are allowed to roam our streets at will. When are these people going to be given the treatment they need and placed where they can do no harm?" He also denounced contemporary books, magazines, stage plays, movies and TV programs which, in his view, encouraged licentiousness. Susan's abductor was never found. 

Burial:
Saint Peters Cemetery
London
Ontario, Canada
Plot: Section AA, Row 32, Lot 43

Created by: Anonymous
Record added: Mar 17, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 18494218

Susan Cadieux
Added by: Anonymous

Susan Cadieux
Added by: Anonymous
PHOTOS: Susan Cadieux
              Composite drawing of suspect

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 10:13:59 AM »

me

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »
Wow, Waabzy, that composite is extremely distinctive!  It seems strange that with the huge response they had to search that night, that no one was able to spot this man and identify him.  That's a face I'd remember, for certain.