Author Topic: Terry Trafford | 20 | March 3, 2014  (Read 3875 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Terry Trafford | 20 | March 3, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:28 AM »
This disappearance does not sound good.  I cannot find it now, but I read an article saying Terry got cut from the team, and he texted his girlfriend and told her he couldn't go on....
I thought the teams were all in playoffs now, did Saginaw get beat out already? 

Thanks for starting this thread, Ron....hoping this young man is found safe and sound.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
Was this the article?

http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ssf/2014/03/missing_saginaw_spirit_player.html

Missing Saginaw Spirit hockey player Terry Trafford was in trouble with team, girlfriend says

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »
The article I read was much shorter, the one you linked, jellybean, is more in depth, and explains the situation much better.  Thanks for the article.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »
Very sad news, Terry has been found deceased in Michigan....
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://news.ca.msn.com/local/toronto/terry-traffords-body-idd-by-police-according-to-team

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 10:00:41 PM »
It is very tragic that a young man of 20 is no longer with us.  Terry  called his girlfriend and said that he had been kicked off the team, as he had broken some rules. She said that he was extremely saddened by it and very distressed.

quote: Team president Craig Goslin said Trafford was sent home prior to his disappearance "for a violation of rules," but that Trafford, who played centre, wasn't permanently cut from the team. unquote

Was there  a miscommunication  made by the team to Terry?  Was it not made clear to him?

(Even so, I don't know about you, but "being sent home" -sounds very permanent to me)

My deepest sympathy to his family and loved ones. :'(

JB
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:54:50 PM by jellybean »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 12:33:04 AM »
I also noticed that Terry's girlfriend said he told her he was kicked off the team and the team says he was just being disciplined.  Well, I don't know Terry's hockey history but I do know that they figure you are a man at 15/16...so there is no coddling.  I also know this young man was devastated enough to take his own life, so I tend to believe the girlfriend, who sounds to me that she was truly worried about Terry's wellbeing and got the story out there.

My own son made it to JrA Tier2.  I could write a book and it would not be favourable to the minor/junior hockey.
Not surprised there is two different stories...

May Terry RIP
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:55:53 AM by jobo »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Covering their own derrieres??

jb

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 01:59:39 PM »
It's a shame this young mans' self worth was defined by whether he could play a game or not.  Sports are supposed to be fun.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »
Sometimes the people in charge could be too harsh on a young man, especially when he is only 20 years old. They could have been at the end of their rope with issuing warnings to Terry or something and just couldn't accept his behaviour. But it would be very good to have a family member with him or whatever when they told him the bad news. Young people think their life is over, when really it is just beginning. Whatever was wrong could be fixed and he could get help and move on and this would be a bad experience. Thoughts and prayers to those in the loss of Terry. He did have a talent and he would not have been on the team if he didn't. He should not have given up on himself. :o :o :o :o