Author Topic: Hal Gerrald Forrest | Missing February 28, 2005 | Barrie, ON  (Read 5579 times)

Concerned

• View Profile
Hal Gerrald Forrest | Missing February 28, 2005 | Barrie, ON
« on: February 01, 2014, 06:14:21 PM »
There is a drawing of Hal on the link.
http://www.police.barrie.on.ca/newsroom/2013/02/missing-person-locate

Name: Hal Forrest
Missing Since: 2005
Occurrence Number: BA07035002

February 15th, 2013 - Missing Persons
Occurrence Type: Missing Person - Police seeking public assistance
Occurrence #: BA07035002
Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - 11:55am

MISSING PERSON FOR LOCATION CASE: BA07035002 SUBJECT:

Hal Gerrald Raymond FORREST (28May1980) LAST DESCRIPTION: Caucasian Male, fair complexion, slim build, 170 cms, 63 kgs, brown wavy hair, brown eyes The Barrie Police Service (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) is asking for the help of the public in locating or determining the whereabouts of a missing Barrie resident, Hal Gerrald FORREST, who disappeared from his family home on February 28, 2005.

Since that time no member of his family, relatives or friends have heard or seen from him. Attached is an age enhanced forensic drawing of what Hal FORREST may appear like today.

Any person with information is asked to contact Detective Constable Chris Castonguay #3058, at the Barrie Police Service Criminal Investigations Division at 1.705.725.7025 x 2125, your local police detachment or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Please Quote Barrie Police Occurrence BA07035002 to outside agencies.

BACKGROUND

During the beginning of February 2005, Hal FORREST returned home to Barrie, ON from the University of Waterloo after failing numerous courses and being unable to provide for himself financially. After approximately 3 weeks, Hal's parent noticed him to be lacking motivation and encouraged Hal to seek meaningful employment. Hal's parents, in conjunction with their son, attempted to create a personal plan on how Hal could positively contribute to the family/household. On the 27th of February 2005,

Hal and his parents became involved in a heated disagreement over his lack of motivation and it is still unknown if this argument triggered Hal's disappearance. On the 28th of February 2005, Hal drove his mother to her workplace and after dropping her off for the day advised he was going to be searching local business for employment. He advised his mother that he would return at the end of her shift but failed to show. Upon returning home his mother mother found a hand written note from Hal advising that he was leaving the house and was "going to find himself". The note also advised the mother's vehicle was parked in a nearby bookstore parking lot and that the keys were in the vehicle. He had also removed all personal belongings from his room but left behind his personal identification and credit cards. This day was the last anyone has seen Hal.

Since his going missing on the 28th of February 2005, no members of his family, friends, faculty and associates have heard from him. His family believes Hal may be living in the Vancouver, British Columbia area under a new identity but this information has not been confirmed.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Hal Gerrald Forrest | Missing February 28, 2005 | Barrie, ON
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »
Nine year and no contact with family that sounds strange to me.  I wonder if there were other sibblings. The fact he took everything but his identification sounds strange as well, wonder if it was an over site that he left it or deliberate either way still strange.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:27:48 PM »
I wonder if it is possible that this young gentleman found someone else's ID and personal cards, and moved on as that other person ... or else  obtained an illegal ID and moved on as that other ID.  Somebody intelligent enough and desperate financially (to a point of desperation unknown to anyone else) might just see fit to go that course.  No disrespect intended;  I know this young man might be the type who, no matter how desperate, would eventually contact loved ones to spare their worry, but there always is a possibility that it is safer for all concerned for a person to disappear off the face of the earth...even sacrificing the connection with those he loves ... if the necessity is severe enough and it benefits all concerned.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
Lost and Eyes, I found this article that provides more background details. I feel for the family. I understand how hard it is for some to have their children return home. Equally, how hard it is for the children to return home. This is so difficult on both sides of the issue. But, the one thing that concerns me is that he didn't take his ID. If he was down and out, and in need of employment, it would only make sense to take the items you would need that would be the best fit for finding a job, and credit cards to sustain shelter. After all he did have time to write a note. Just because your parents put a little bit of pressure on you when you are down and out, doesn't mean he would foolishly cut off all ties to everyone he knows - his brother and sister, his friends, etc. But, they have not heard from him. That makes my heart sink.

who disappeared seven years ago.

Hal Gerald Raymond Forrest was 24 when he left home Feb. 28, 2005University of Waterloo student taking computer sciencebut on Feb. 27 they got into a fight.

a handwritten note advising he was leaving the house and was going to find himself,he left behind ID and credit cardsHe believes his son may be living in British Columbia.He had a number of friends here and our efforts with them and the ones from Waterloo
http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/2016812-dad-holds-out-hope-son-is-alive/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:19:35 PM by Concerned »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:23:27 PM »
Dad holds out hope son is alive
Contributed photo

A forensic sketch of what Hal Forrest would look like today

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:52:57 AM »
I just hope and pray that he managed to hold himself together somehow, somewhere, and remain on this earth... it is not hard to imagine how he must have felt... many of us have been there before... not knowing if we could get on track again.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
Name : FORREST, Hal Gerrald Raymond

Case : ON-MM-2005-02-01458

Summary
________________________________________________________________________________________

Date Of Disappearance :  28 February 2005
Location Of Disappearance :  Barrie, Ontario
Age At Disappearance :  24 years
Height (estimate) :  170 cm (5'6")
Weight (estimate) :  63 kg (138 lbs)
Hair Colour :  Brown
- wavy 
Eye Colour :  Brown
Race :  Caucasian

Details
________________________________________________________________________________________ 
http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MM-2005-02-01458

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »
Me too, Lost. Let's face it college isn't for everyone. And, that time of life is very pivotal for any individual - 'What are we going to be when we grow up? How are we going to make it?' It may be overrated, but that transition can paralyze the best of us. No one has all the answers, all the time. I just hope the young man had ample time to think about it, and will realize as he matures that grudges sometimes need to pass. I'm just hoping the angels were looking out for him as he found his footing.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 12:46:49 AM »
I also feel greatly for the family, not knowing, no answers all this time.  I have a really bad feeling that he left his credit cards and I because he knew he would never again need them.  He may have taken his belongings out of his parents house to make things easier for them . I have a gut instinct that Hal has not been with us since the day he left home.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 02:27:35 AM »
We have a very similar case of a missing person on this site as well ......Reminds me of the young man who left everything behind in Banff, Devon Brock Moldowan, and simply disappeared.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3678.0

So deeply missed by his family.

JB
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:32:09 AM by jellybean »