Author Topic: Jeffrey Boucher (52) | Missing | Whitby Ontario Jan.13/2014  (Read 34702 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Jeffrey Boucher (52) | Missing | Whitby Ontario Jan.13/2014
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »
Jeffrey Boucher's body believed to be found on shoreline, police say
52-year-old teacher went missing in January

CBC News Posted: Mar 29, 2014 6:09 PM ET| Last Updated: Mar 29, 2014 7:25 PM ET

Police believe a body discovered on the shoreline of Lake Ontario today is that of Jeffrey Boucher, the Whitby, Ont., teacher who went missing in January.

A passerby discovered a body while walking near Thickson Road South and Crystal Beach Boulevard at around 2:20 p.m. Saturday.

Police said they believe the body is that of 52-year-old Boucher, who went missing on Jan. 13, after going for his regular morning run.

A post mortem is scheduled to confirm his identity and cause of death, Durham Regional Police Det. Jeff Kennedy told reporters Saturday evening.

"We're awaiting the result from the coroner's investigation, but I feel fairly comfortable in saying this possibly may come to an end now from this discovery," he said.

"We investigated many different scenarios, we don't suspect any foul play at this point. There is no reason for anybody to be concerned about anything suspicious here."

On March 14 a woman walking near Heydenshore Pavilion, along the shore of Lake Ontario, found a shoe and contacted police.

Durham Regional Police believed the shoe could have belonged to Boucher.

A second shoe, also believed to belong to Boucher, was found at around 11 a.m. Saturday on the shoreline near the Heydenshore Pavilion.

Durham Regional Police had previously used a robotic underwater camera on loan from the Toronto police to search the water along the Whitby waterfront but found no sign of Boucher.

In the days after Boucher's disappearance, police conducted an exhaustive search of the trails and wooded areas near his home, but air and ground searches also turned up nothing.

On Jan. 20, police said they were "truly stumped" about what had happened to him.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jeffrey-boucher-s-body-believed-to-be-found-on-shoreline-police-say-1.2591506

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2014, 10:31:49 PM »
How devastating...RIP Jeffrey Boucher.  My heart felt condolences go out to his family. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2014, 12:35:07 AM »
Very sad news.  May Jeffrey RIP.

looking

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2014, 12:59:35 AM »
Perhaps he had a heart attack?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »
Even though I do go to Whitby, I am not familiar with the waterfront.  A relative of mine is an amateur photographer and took some awesome pictures this winter.  They showed the thick layer of ice on everything, including the metal benches.  My own yard still has a few inches of ice where the sun doesn't shine. It is still dangerous out there.  If you saw the news clips of the area they found Jeffrey, there was still ice on some of the rocks.  Although I wonder if it is possible he fell in off the pier....which I believe, is further west.
I was also on another site that Jeffrey's wife had joined, people were posting pics of the waterfront.  I saw pictures of the Whitby pier....it was a sheet of thick ice and there is no sides to the pier.  In my opinion he could have easily slipped and fallen into Lk Ontario somewhere along that waterfront.  My relative stopped her walks down there after Christmas because it was so slippery.  I don't think running shoes have good traction on ice.  Do they?
His mother had mentioned he liked to run on a full moon night, well the Sunday night was almost a full moon and I wondered if he tried to get a better vantage point of the moon on the lake (if it in fact was) and somehow had an accident.
That is what I ended up thinking happened to Jeffrey, I have never thought he took his own life, or was murdered...I have always thought it was some kind of accident.  Until they found his shoe, I didn't think he had gone as far as the lake....but I suppose the autopsy will confirm cause of death.
Bless his wife, she is one strong woman enduring a lot of pain.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2014, 08:08:04 AM »
Very sad news for the family. Hearts and prayers that they will be able to put their lives together with strength.  It's not easy for teen girls to lose their parent, or wives not to have had the chance to say goodbye to someone that they love. Or, parents to lose their son. I am hopeful, though, that they will get some answers they so desperately need. Sending strength and peace.

SAP

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
So sad. RIP Jeffery. Condolences to family.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
Whitby teacher Jeffrey Boucher likely fell off pier, police say

Police say there is no evidence that leads them to believe it was suicidehttp://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/whitby-teacher-jeffrey-boucher-likely-fell-off-pier-police-say-1.2592052

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »
I was watching a show a couple of nights ago and it was about missing people, there were two stories on there. The first one I saw before, but the other one was all about Jeffrey, when he went missing. The interview with his daughter and family and I was quite surprised to see it, because it was never on before. It was a clear picture of what happened. It was the conclusion that Jeffrey had an accident, because of the slippery conditions. But there were some things that kind of were out of the ordinary, such as longer runs in a couple of days before he went missing. But sometimes runners that go by themselves all the time are prone to some kind of different behaviour. They sort of tell people not to continuously run by themselves. Nobody will ever know what he was thinking. And the issue of the money, the only thing they came up with was that there was nothing improper, he just stored the money in a locked filing cabinet and it was $3500.00 and it should have been taken to another department.  So the final report was that he died accidentally while running along the waterfront, that it was slippery conditions. I know most of you would watch it if it came on again. :o :o :o :o :o :o

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2016, 08:12:38 PM »
I also watched this show capeheart. It was called "Last Seen Alive". I had thought it was fairly well done, but it did leave me with some question as to whether we will ever truly know what happened to Jeffrey.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
debbiec, I totally agree and maybe there was some reason he was acting out of the ordinary, but other then speculating, I believe the police could come to no other conclusion. The fact that he did not normally run that far, also was kind of a mystery. But when the police have no other information, there was nothing more they could conclude then accidental. His family possibly still wonders what happened, even though it was concluded by police to be an accidental death.  :o :o :o :o :o