Author Topic: Frankie Jensen - London, ON - Murdered - 1968  (Read 146554 times)

Logical

• View Profile
Re: Frankie Jensen - London, ON - Murdered - 1968
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2012, 02:30:34 PM »
It appears that the investigation has always been about a stranger or someone in a white(ish) car, but with Pookie's details of why Frankie did not join the group that day, would it be possible that Frankie played hookie and did not want to face his bullier's and never even went in the direction of school, I do not recall reading that anyone saw him leave his yard and make his normal route - just assumed that he was on his way to school and would have gone that way.  With his remains found, missing some clothing but not sexually abused, could it be another student that was bullying him?  My question's are

1. Were there any other students away (part day or full day) on Feb 9th, and if yes were any of these kids the ones that bullied Frankie?
2. Is there a water way clsoe to the school that the water currents would feed to where he was found?

Just trying to think outside of the box.

Logical.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »
Hi Logical,

Frankie was actually seen by a fellow student just as he was coming onto Hyde Park Rd at Riverside.  They waved to each other. (see Reply 21, 2nd link..Unsolved text).  Also, his Mother watched him out of the window as he cut through the back yard to Hyde Park Rd.

He was located about 17 miles north and east of his home in the Thames River which flows north to south.  So, no the currents flowed the opposite way.

HF

crazycat58

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
Does anyone else remember the search parties taking the neighbourhood kids with them to show them the forts and treeforts to search in?  I seem to remember something of the sort, which goes along with it not being treated immediately as an abduction.

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
Thanks HF, I am now more perplexed.  RE Reply 21, looking at the map and the recollection of the older student, he turned and saw Franike when he was entering the pathway - this is 9 houses away from the intersection of HPR and Riverside, if the bell rang as he entered the path way he was late and I would think ran acroos the field to school.  Was it really Frankie he saw, it was quite a distance to be sure, and if he saw Frankie so far away, did he see anyone else at all on the street?  If he was seen at the intersection, was he walking, running toward the path, or was he taking his time and then went in another direction?  If the police feel he was taken on Riverside, I would think they have a clue to lead them here.  Or if no one in the 9 houses along HPR saw him that morning (even make it to the path) this could lead LE to believe he did not get that far.

Does anyone know if Frankie would have wondered off to play hookie (not face his fears at school with the bully's)?  Maybe we are looking for clues in the wrong area. 

It was very cold and bitter on this morning, where could he have gone if he did not go to school, what was available to him to do while not in school (on a school day). I am so hung up on the fact that Frankie was avoiding his class mates, I hope he did not wander off depressed of the situation and then run into someone.

If a stranger did pick him up in an auto around the intersection of HPR and Riverside I do not think it was planned, the kids were already "grouping" together for the "scarey" walk to school, I do not think he would be looking here for a kid to snatch, too many witnesses.

I get a gut feeling he went in another direction then toward school, if we knew what kids could find to do in the area while missing school - not to be noticed by adults ( to be caught for playing hookie) maybe we could get a better line on how his remains ended up where they did.

Can anyone determine where his body went into the river?

Thanks
Logical

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »
The only other route he could have taken is Palmtree which was a way east then weave through streets to get to school. If he knew the maze of streets, it still would have taken forever to get to school. The river looks to go back into properties... farmland mostly ... from the map the river seems to come close to the road which could be where he was put into the water but I don't believe LE determined where it actually happened.

I'd think the neighbourhood kids would recognize Frankie by size, the fact he was coming that way and clothing. ... even at a distance

If Frankie decided to play hookie, he'd likely have gone back home where it was warm, no one there to send him back to school etc he would have had the day to watch tv or just play I would think.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
Hi Logical,

Although I am not knowledgeable about the Thames River and it's branches and tributaries, I did look it up and found that it flows westward through Frankie's neighbourhood.  If his body was put into the river in this area, it would travel west, not north east.

As to where his body may have been put into the river--see reply #111.  rkay has surveyed the area and the logical place to put a body in is at the Plover Mills Road  bridge. The OPP site has provided a new map which finally pinpoints where his body was found--see reply #161, bottom link.  Considering this recent found map, it is also possible that his body was put in the water at the River View Campground, which is just north of the large island where his body was snagged on wire fencing.

Re the student being able to see Frankie from the entrance to the pathway to the intersection of HPR and RS, please refer to the OPP map of the school route along old Hyde Park Road (reply #161).  This gives you a better perception of the distance and the field of vision that was possible in 1968.

HF

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
Hello Logical
Frankie  would never play hookey...he respected authority and would have been far to afraid of getting caught skipping school.

tryingtohelp

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
Just want to add a comment about assumed behaviours.  I am a couple of years older than Frankie and have lived in London all my life, although I was living in the extreme East-end at the time of his murder.  Would describe myself at his age as shy.  Had about a 20 minute walk to school, same route each day.  When I was about 10 years old I heard through the grapevine that I was going to be beaten-up by one of the school bullies on the way home.  Apparently, just for the fun of it.  Long story short, I took an extremely unusual route home that day, crossing a busy road and winding my way through streets that were in no way my normal route home, just to avoid the bully and the kids who would gather around to watch.  Had I gone missing that day, nobody - friends or family - would have ever considered looking for clues along the streets I had travelled along, because, other than to myself, that route made no sense at all.  All I'm saying is that fear at that age (sounds like Frankie was having some issues with schoolmates or neighbourhood children) can cause a person to do things that are not in their character at all.  I will also add that there were a lot of weirdos around at that time, cruising around trying to lure children into their cars.  Was the military man who lived near the present-day rose garden ever investigated?

« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »
Welcome to Frankie's thread tryingtohelp. I think your viewpoint is a very valid one, especially coming from a person who sounds as though he/she shared Frankie's sensitivity. In Frankie's case however there are differences to the scenario that you drew so well. In his case, he was late for school. When he heard the bell ring, he would  have known that the other children were in their classroom seats. That would mean he would have nothing to fear until recess or lunchtime or after school. He was seen on Hyde Park Road heading north by at least one person for sure, but apparently more as was recently stated on the OPP website. If he was leaving school, your suggestion could very well be true but Frankie didn't get to school whereas the other children did.

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2012, 04:02:27 AM »
Hi tryingtohelp
Thank you for joining our search.  Can you elaborate on "the military man near the rose garden" please?  Was there something about him posted on this site that I've missed? 

goNgo

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:35 AM »
It's wonderful to see so many people contributing to this thread.  The more heads working on this, the better.

Could anyone provide more context on the level of traffic on Hyde Park Rd at the time that Frankie was grabbed -- either in the morning or around 1:00 (in case he skipped school in the morning and decided to go at lunch time).

If the person was a stranger, the perpetrator would have had to put Frankie in a car at some point, either carrying him/forcing him into a car at the side of the road, or dragging him into a house along the way.   Wouldn't it have been a pretty big risk to carry him out to a car parked by the side of the road, particularly one parked near the path?  Were there trees near the road there from which the person could make a quick dash?

Of course the third option is that he was offered a ride by someone he knew, most likely a neighbour, as I presume that Frankie wouldn't have known a wide circle of other people who would happen upon him.

tryingtohelp

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
Hi Jensen.  I thought about the military man through reading jessybessy's posts on these dates:

Feb 9/12 - father in the military, abused his children, drove that road (Hyde Park/Riverside?)
Feb 13/12 - their property was searched
Feb 25/12 - mentions father's army trunk being used as a tree fort

in one of the last two posts, jessybessy mentions that they lived off Springbank Drive near what is now the Rose Garden - possible PUC property - there`s a bungalow back in the woods on the North side of Springbank that I think belongs to the City.  Is it that one or a home that has long been demolished for park purposes?

Also in one of the posts, jessybessy asks if you could contact him or her directly.

Anyway, I wondered if the father had ever been investigated further.

Coral

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
In reply #21 Unsolved Text, who wrote this?  Whose statement is this, and when was it made?  Was it made closer to the abduction or more recently?  Who is the person that saw Frankie?  If this person underwent hypnosis, could they possibly remember other details about the area, people or things that were in the vicinity at the time that they last saw Frankie?  Maybe there is something there that could be helpful?

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »
Thanks tryingtohelp
Yes Jessybessy has contacted me privately and is doing her best to help in many of these cases.  To my knowledge, her father was not investigated.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2012, 12:13:33 PM »
Hello Coral,

The person who contributed the information in reply #21 is unknown.  They obviously submitted their info via the site administrator Chris.  We now know that police interviewed many of the children after Frankie disappeared, and I would assume that this person reported this info to them.  Perhaps one day this person will join the forum.

The idea of undergoing hypnosis to assist in remembering other details is certainly an interesting suggestion.  I have read a bit about it, and it seems that tests show that hypnosis does not improve recall.  Interesting subject though.

HF