Author Topic: Frankie Jensen - London, ON - Murdered - 1968  (Read 150312 times)

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Frankie Jensen - London, ON - Murdered - 1968
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
rkay--great photos and reasoning things through.  I agree that the Plover Mills bridge or access road is a likely place to put Frankie in the water, and if it was the access road the killer should know the area quite well.   But it would be very helpful to get a confirmation on exactly where his body was found.  LE had said a mile and a half north of the Thorndale bridge, so I think you and foghorn are pretty close.  I also thought the landowner was on the east bank pointing to the island on the west.  But then, I am directionally challenged.

Good work rkay.  And btw DO you ever sleep?  lol

rkay

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
Glad to have you here, foghorn!

For my determination of location, I was totally using the April 13/68 LFP article map and accepting the arrow's specific indication of location as accurate. The arrow is pointing ABOVE the hamlet of Friendly Corners to the east, on Oliver Drive, which, heading westward, would become Centre (if the river didn't break it up). So anything below Centre wasn't even a consideration. I then compared the map against the Google satellite image as closely as possible to gauge the spot.

Having said that, the location you suggest, foghorn, 600m south of Centre, does seem to resemble what you describe. What's more, that location is 1.6 miles away from Thorndale Road , which parallels the "1 1/2 miles north of Thorndale Bridge" as described in the April 13 article. So which is correct, text or image? I'm more inclined to believe the text now. Boo, 1960's LFP graphics department!!!

The indication of the arrow also prejudiced me to see O'Shaughnessy as standing on the west bank looking east. If anyone knows for sure one way or another, let me know. If not, I'll do my own search to find out where his property was specifically.

Either way, I'm hoping to get down there in the spring to be absolutely definite. And it doesn't really change the discussion much about Plover Mills bridge or distance from the road across property, just that if the more southern location is accurate it means Frankie floated another kilometre downstream.

Thanks folks!

galaxygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2012, 11:24:09 PM »
Possible link! I just re-read the thread on Jacqueline Dunleavy's murder. Galaxygirl talks about accepting an offer of a ride to school, in a van, she recognized the driver as the "man who serviced the coffee machine at Stanley Variety". Wouldn't he have been wearing a Uniform? What colour was the van? Almost made my heart skip a beat!

I can't remember if the man wore a uniform but the van was white. Is it possible that the schools in London had coffee machines that were stocked and serviced by this company?  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:34:32 PM by galaxygirl »

foghorn

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:57 AM »
GG: in the thread for JD's case, I am wondering if you might comment on the general level of traffic on Stanley Street during a weekday in the early evening (6:30) when JD's shift would have ended.  My recollection (and I was quite young) was that, at least at that time of day, that area had a lot of traffic.  Also - 2nd question - would it be likely that a coffee machine service company - would be visiting the store at this time, or would it generally be a morning visit?   Hope you can help!

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2012, 06:36:33 AM »
Nearing the 44th anniversary and just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your hard work, analysis and diligence in the search for answers to all these murders.  You are truly exceptional people.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
Jensen--thank you so much for your kind words.  Your encouragement and appreciation as a family member is greatly valued by each of us.

Have faith

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

Nearing the 44th anniversary and just wanted to say how much I appreciate all your hard work, analysis and diligence in the search for answers to all these murders.  You are truly exceptional people.

I totally agree that you are exceptional people. Definitely one of the most hard working groups on this site. You have all shown tremendous dedication to what you do here. Your ability to work together is admirable, and your tireless efforts to find answers to these murders is much appreciated.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »
Debbiec, let me be the first to chime in here and thank you for the compliment. :-)  I am very fortunate to belong to a wonderful group consisting of rkay, Gibbons, Chickapey and goNgo who have all been genuinely dedicated to the London cases.  They are truly exceptional people.

Hf

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2012, 06:14:27 AM »
Bente and everyone..... this thought woke me up in the middle of the night... I think we all agreed Frankie wouldn't have taken a ride with a strange man but what if there was a woman in the car too? Similar to the methods used to abduct Kristen French or Victoria Stafford... using a woman to lure the child away?

foghorn

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
...and given the number of events which seem to have begun by a victim accepting a ride, perhaps the possibility of a female accomplice should be given some serious consideration.  Not to take things too far from what we know, but it might account for JE accepting a ride (and I think I recall she was seen entering the back seat of a car...thereby suggesting a driver and passenger already in car).   We have come to understand that Frankie was unlikely to accept a ride from a stranger, JD had little reason to accept a ride since the bus was likely on its way within minutes, JE was "on alert" against accepting a ride from strangers given the earlier scare. Soraya told the first driver who stopped for her that she was going in a different direction (perhaps did not want to accept a ride from a lone male) and then later accepted a ride.  LW seemed to be more likely to accept a ride - it was a way of getting back and forth from UWO to where she lived - but her guard might have been down if a female was already in the car.

If we combine "accepting a ride" and "missing shoes", do we come up with a short list of connected victims that might make sense from a serial perspective?  It would separate Irene Gibbon's case from the others, despite the "tissue"  connection.  It also separates DA, since - although the missing shoes aspect is similar and "use of a vehicle" by murderer is similar, DA had no reason to accept a ride since she had only a very short walk back from the variety store.

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:49 AM »
Good Morning Chickapey and Foghorn
As I've stated, Frankie would never have gone willingly with a stranger and I believe he must have been forced into a car.  I doubt that a woman in the vehicle would have made a difference unless she was someone he knew.   At this point, I'd say anything is possible and all avenues should be explored...what is there to lose?  Again, many thanks to all of you for attacking these cases from every angle.

jeb

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
Hi Jensen:  My quick thoughts on Frankie's case.  Right off the bat, five points stand out.

1.  Hyde Park Road appeared quite deso1ate in 1968;
2.  It was a weekday;
3.  It was 8:30 in the morning;
4.  No 1unch box or hat were found a1ong his route to schoo1.  (He didn't strugg1e, so knew his ki11er.); and
5.  The window of time for abducting Frankie was approximate1y 10 minutes.  (However 1ong it took him to get from his house to the path 1eading to the schoo1.)

Without going into detai1 and exp1aining the significance of each point, the picture I get in my head when I consider a11 of these points together, is this.  Whoever ki11ed Frankie was within 10 minutes of your house (by car) at 8:30 am.  (And there are a 1ot of reasons why this cou1d be.  Persons trave11ing to work, to schoo1, making de1iveries (maybe), etc, etc.)  But the most 1ike1y person being within 10 minutes of your home that morning (in my opinion) wou1d be a neighbor.  The picture I get in my head then, is of someone 1ooking out their window, (or possib1y someone out starting their car, or something 1ike this) seeing Frankie by himse1f (since he's running 1ate) hurrying off to schoo1.  This person may previous1y have been friend1y with Frankie, said "hi," or possib1y even knew him.  (Showed some interest in him.)  And by the way, when I say neighbor, I'm referring to anyone who cou1d have seen Frankie from their window or from their house, anywhere between your house and the path to his schoo1.  So, If I were researching Frankie's case I wou1d get a 1ist of everyone on the appropriate streets.  (From the 1ondon room at the 1ibrary.)  There might be a chance Frankie's ki11er is on that 1ist. 

Another point to consider is what type of person is home at 8:30 am on a weekday.  Someone out of work, a retiree, an afternoon or night shift worker, etc, etc.  (Just some quick examp1es.)

Moving on to the dump site.  If the abductor was a neighbor, then he might previous1y have 1ived in Thornda1e.  The thought that jumps into my head though, is, that he is a fisherman.

With regards to the "tissue victims."  If my memory serves me right, I be1ieve I read that one of the tissue victims was masked.  (IE. Her c1othing was pu11ed up over her face.)  This is usua11y a good sign that the ki11er knew his victim.  As we11, her body was found fair1y c1ose to her home suggesting (to me) that the ki11er was from the area and knew the area we11.  (I be1ieve that the area where her body was found is a1so a fishing spot.)  The window of time for abducting this victim can't be more that 20 minutes.  (I'm just guessing here.)  So, whoever was in the area that night, probab1y (or at 1east might have) be1onged in that area.  I'm getting the same picture here, of the ki11er seeing the victim (from his window or from somewhere nearby) on her way to the store.  Again, If researching this case, I wou1d get a 1ist of everyone who cou1d see the victim between the apartment she 1eft, and the store.  There might be a chance the ki11er is on that 1ist.  I wou1d then compare this 1ist to Frankie's 1ist, 1ooking for a common person.

There is one other thought that has crossed my mind with respect to Frankie's case.  Frankie was "the boy who 1oved tobogganing."  I'm guessing that the Hunt C1ub might be a great p1ace to toboggan.  (Go1f courses usua11y are, I be1ieve.)  Is it possib1e that Frankie was on his way home from tobogganing at the Hunt C1ub on the night of January 9th.  And, is it possib1e that whoever was parked in the driveway of the Katherine Har1ey schoo1 might have noticed Frankie on his way home, but wasn't sure whether or not Frankie had noticed him or them.  An interesting coincidence:  According to the Free Press, the boys who the po1ice questioned with regards to January 9th, said they went to that area to toboggan.  Interesting as we11, is the 1ocation of another schoo1 in 1983.                                       

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »
Thank you Jeb for your analysis of Frankie's case.  Because we know that Frankie would never take a ride from a stranger it makes sense that his lunchbox would have been lost in a struggle and hence found.  I agree that Frankie would have accepted a ride with someone he knew and that person lived or was perhaps related to someone in our neighbourhood....he'd have to have known that person well and trusted him.
As to toboganning, we never went to the Hunt Club and Frankie would not have gone out after dark without one of us so I think that idea can be ruled out.  We did all our toboganning at Thames Valley golf course and I don't recall being out there much at night.  Frankie certainly wouldn't have been out there alone or with boys his own age. He was a shy and somewhat timid little boy and wouldn't have braved the dark alone.
Your input is greatly appreciated Jeb.

foghorn

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2012, 06:18:52 AM »
Jeb:  Terrific insight.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  In your post, on the last line, are you thinking about the proximity of Fanshawe College to Killaly Road?

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »
Jeb,
Good thinking and suggestions.  My guess is Clarke Road Secondary School. :-)

Hf