Someone Knows Something - CBC
Podcast By David Ridgen, an award-winning filmmaker

Sign The Petition!

Help find Sheryl Sheppard

Author Topic: Frankie Jensen - London, ON - Murdered - 1968  (Read 103598 times)

chickapey

• View Profile
Re: Frankie Jensen - London, ON - Murdered - 1968
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2017, 08:47:55 AM »
You dear little boy, so many people are thinking of you today and the love you generate is incredible. You will never be forgotten.  Thank you for guarding all our children

Much love and yellow light to the Jensen family and Frankie's friends

Long Gone

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2017, 09:19:06 AM »
49 yrs today..this boy's life was taken. I can only imagine what thoughts are travelling through the minds of those that knew Frankie.. The years that they have traversed since that day...The families raised..Frankie was robbed of all of that...So very sad...God bless all of You...

factsfirst

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »
I just returned from making my fifth annual personal "Frankie's walk" from St. Anthony's Road and Hyde Park to Westdale school and back. Appropriately a  very cold morning, especially on the way there, into a brisk north-west wind but not as bitter as the day Frankie disappeared. My thoughts are always with the family as I walk and may Frankie rest in peace. His life was short but filled with fun and the love of his family.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2017, 10:43:26 AM »
 :'(

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2017, 04:33:00 PM »
You never forget to walk with him, Facts ... thank you

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2017, 08:52:43 PM »
Frankie, I wish we could have written your story differently. I wish we were a society that would never have missing children. I wish you were never amongst the missing. You make me want to try harder to find the answer to so many unanswered questions so we can ensure no one else goes missing and we could somehow bring you home from wherever it is you are. If only you could show us the way, somehow.

Hugs to you, Frankie.

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2017, 06:50:44 AM »
Frankie is always with us...and with you.  Another year has passed and your remembrance of him, all the things you do in his honour are greatly appreciated.  Thank you again.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Whomever did this evil thing, is probably no longer living..... May have served time in prison for other offenses.  No doubt he has met his Maker.

Children are the most treasured little people in our society.
It makes me sick to think of beautiful little Frankie losing his life to such a monster.

Monsters are still out there, preying on our children.

I would hope that perhaps society is more aware --- perhaps we are no longer lulled into safety, security, and same routine of life in the belief that nothing can touch our families - least of all our beautiful little boy, or pretty daughter that we send off to school each day.

Not ever thought of within the secure loving and  close family culture of 1968!!

Horrible - that the Jensen's are living without any answers in 

Peace and deepest respect to the Jensen Family for all that they have endured.

JB
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:59:17 PM by jellybean »

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 12, 2017, 06:26:53 AM »
Thank you for remembering Frankie Jellybean..I suspect you're right.  Family is all important, it is the fabric of our lives, a safe and enduring place....it is home and everything we love in life.  I remind myself that even monsters have families...families who know, and that too must be a tremendous burden.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 12, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »
Jensen' 
I remind myself that even monsters have families...families who know, and that too must be a tremendous burden.

How very special and  kind of you to think about the Monster's possible family.
In my own humble opinion, I believe that this monster also abused his own children, and wife.

Family is everything, and I doubt that this monster came from a healthy one, perhaps he was horribly abused in his childhood and the sickness lived on.

No sympathy from me.  If what I believe, as above.  These abuses were done behind closed homes, children had no one to turn to and endured abuse.  No one ever spoke of it in 1968.

Many such topics were taboo.

A child would feel shame and hide it from their friends, if they had any, or were allowed to have any.

We lived in a world of "Father Knows Best" and "Leave it to Beaver"

It was all very soothing, and to a good extent true, but then there was another element of society that hit families with such a shock and disbelief.

Children were allowed to go to city parks, playgrounds, stay outside until suppertime, and then be home at 7pm to  have family time, and then be bathed and tucked into bed.

Now, we have to watch our children....Keep them busy in paid and structured programs, accompanied by their parents..... sigh.

JB

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:06:02 PM by jellybean »

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 13, 2017, 07:46:41 AM »
Again, Jellybean, I agree with you.  Certainly there are many families who have themselves been abused by their monsters.  I don't however, think it applies to all murderers and serial killers.  We've often read about these types being found out and family, friends, co-workers and neighbors are shocked. Some are clever enough to hide their crimes from those closest. Then there are families that know and lie to themselves.  Perhaps the monster has been arrested on lesser charges and the family chooses to believe that is all he's capable of.  In reading about various paraphilia we know that there are stepping stones and often clues, either recognized or ignored, to the making of a murderer.
Sometimes, in order to protect their own, it's easier to lie and move on.  Selfish?  Yes... absolutely... particularly when dealing with a serial killer.

haithabu

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
I stumbled across this site from Google after participating in a comment thread about the Aboriginal Missing Women Inquiry which brought up memories....

I was in Grade 7 at Westdale at the time that Frankie Jensen went missing (we lived on Hibiscus Avenue). I don't have any conscious memory of Frankie (when you are that age the kids from 3 grades younger are kind of below your notice unless one of them is your sibling.) I used to play around Fergie's pond in the summer and hunt for fossils in the gravel pit. It was very dense and brushy behind the school and around the pond but I had no qualms about it at the time. Afterwards though, Frankie's fate was always in my mind and I used to go to a certain state of alertness whenever I went through the area.

factsfirst

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »
Sunshine31 remembered Frankie's birthday last year and I am privileged to post it this year. Frankie would have been 58 today and who knows what he might have accomplished in his career. I am sure he would have been great at whatever he chose to do. There is no doubt that he would have had a fantastic  family life given the environment that he grew up in.

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 15, 2017, 08:12:31 AM »
Thanks Factsfirst for remembering our brother again this year...you're right, he'd be 58 and we've never let him go.  He's  the thread that's bound our family tight and for that, I'm very grateful.  Again, you've put a smile on my face. :)

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2017, 06:23:42 AM »
belated birthday happiness to Frankie. I do wonder what kind of adventures he would have taken as an adult but at the same time, I strongly believe he is still making things happen for the good from the other side. Someone with a spirit that kind and special can't just be idle. He's bigger than that.