Author Topic: Scott Leishman - Thorndale, ON - Murdered - 1968  (Read 21380 times)

Gypsygirl

• View Profile
Re: Scott Leishman - Thorndale, ON - Murdered - 1968
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »
Has it crossed anyone else's mind that the property was owned by the London District Association of the Mentally Retarded and G. Fryer was the Principal of a school for the Mentally Retarded (words used back then, not my words) perhaps knowing this property/having visited this property? I know Arntfield's book (although not painting him in a very good light) seems to have portrayed him as someone we can "cross off our list", however just because DNA does not match does not mean that the person did not "play a part". I am just trying to look at things from a variety of different angels including the fact that there may very well have been more than one person involved in a number of these murders.

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »
Gypsygirl, my understanding was that GF was employed as principal at the CPRI which was next door to the Katherine Harley school for the mentally retarded, I'm not sure if they were officially connected. 

The London District Association for the Mentally Retarded is the precursor to  Community Living London which I believe is a community based organization not a government organization, i.e. I don't think it would have owned or directly run school, although it certainly would have had connections to it.  The connection is interesting though.

It seems that more than one tragic event happened at the property in thorndale
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19830815&id=GlwxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TKUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4734,2141294&hl=en

I agree that absence of DNA is not proof of innocence though it makes proof of guilt much more difficult at this point, the fact that some of the cases seem likely to  have had 2 people involved in the abduction it may be possible that one person performed the acts  that would leave DNA and other may have just liked to watch.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:49:17 PM by freeman »

Gypsygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 09:43:10 AM »
Yes or as someone else suggested it more than likely took more than one person to lift a body over a bridge. I strongly dislike speaking graphically like that, in particular for fear of it coming across thoughtless in any way. My thoughts are always that of deep empathy and compassion for all family members and those lovingly connected to the victims of these horrible acts. A second person could be the person behind the taunting of police aka placing articles of clothing/personal belongings in specific places to be found etc.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 02:26:51 PM »
I don't like it either Gypsygirl (talking about that part of the murder) but it sure makes things different when there is a possibility of one person being in a position to rat out the other. In two people cases, there is usually a 'boss' or the brains behind the act and the follower. The follower is usually weaker minded and the 'boss' will be more  likely to be the sociopath. The follower is the one the police would lean on to get them to confess something. The problem is, of course... they have to have someone to actually question :(