Author Topic: Jacqueline McAllister & Brian Major - Murdered - June 28, 1991 - Blind River, ON  (Read 21506 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
BTW.... Gord McAllister's murderer was never apprehended... and there is a significant reward.  ... you guys can read the details here.... also gives the direct contact info. for the case.... maybe that will help Lt.nypd  http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250383011.4.pdf

The Government of the Province of Ontario is offering a total reward of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the murders of Jacqueline McALLISTER, age 59 years, and Brian Donald MAJOR, age 29 years, and the attempted murder of Gordon McALLISTER, age 62 years.

On June 28th, 1991, the suspect entered a picnic rest area, on Highway #17, west of BLIND RIVER, Ontario, and gained entry to a recreational vehicle, by claiming to be a police officer. He was armed and carried a flashlight. After robbing the two occupants, he shot and killed the female, Jacqueline McALLISTER and wounded her husband, Gordon McALLISTER.

Any person having information regarding the person(s) responsible for these murders should communicate immediately with the Director of the Criminal Investigation Branch, Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122 or (705) 329-6111, their nearest police authority, or Crime Stoppers.
This reward will be apportioned as deemed just by the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services for the Province of Ontario and the Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police.
Commissioner.
Julian Fantino,

777,  Memorial Avenue
Orillia, Ontario,

Canada,
L3V 7V3
Date: June 22, 2000
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:18:56 PM by lostlinganer »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Lt. nypd Retired;  Contact the OPP at the above link, rather than the detachment of Blind River.

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php

Good Luck with your quest

jb

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean by your statement "Don't know exactly where this post ends up".

I'm curious as to when you previously contacted the police. Is this going back years?

jobo

• View Profile
From what I gather, the Blind River OPP are/were working with the Major Crimes Unit in Orillia Ontario (headquarters).  Lostlinganer posted the address for the Orillia detachment.  Will the Blind River OPP confirm if they are working with the Orillia police still?

I was about to post, debbiec, but stopped to add the very question you just asked.  lol    Lt.nypdretired, we are interested to know when you last contacted the Police.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
Lt.nypd... here is how this works:

When you hit "reply" after a last post on a page, an empty box appears in which to type and/or insert what you wish to say/express... then you hit "post" at the bottom of that box when you are finished... and it ends up posted as the next comment on that particular "thread/subject/topic"...whatever you want to call it.

When you click on the name of another "poster" or member anywhere anytime.... an area opens in which you can choose to message that person, read their profile etc.

Most forms and chat sites operate like this... I hope that helps you understand how your comment ends up here and/or how you can message another individual poster.

Lt. nypd retired

• View Profile
Ok think I have it right. Summing all up very briefly: 2 to 4 yrs ago after seeing tv. Crime show I vontacted tv station with negative results. Finally After reaching  opp. Communicatioond  section  left messAges at opp offices    NegTive. When reached opp det. Informed det of my status  ret po and info that I observed exact look alike of police sketch of perp   Odd distinct highly unusual look. Find out.  That no record of.  My contact. Perp still free   Any q's please Advise

Lt. nypd retired

• View Profile
Just for update re: Double homicide at rest stop at Blind river :   As a retired Officer( described above) I felt a distinct responsibility to further aid this case. As of now, with help from persons on this site, It is determined that the crime has not been solved. Note: all murders cases are active until persons (perpetrators ) are arrested or identified as the perp. and deceased etc. There are cases in NYPD files that are over 60 yrs old and they remain in the "Old case file". This cases are ordered for review periodically. Maybe hopefully someone on a dying death bed ETC will clear the case. One of my personal cases involved elderly man giving info 30 years late, clearing case. But back to this case "Ontario murders". Finally, I have contacted a Ont. Prov. Police Officer. Here OPP Officer Name withheld. HE did take the info seriously , it is his case. It was determined that my (Ret Officer) information is not in the file. That means that the detective that I gave the info(Listed above) did not forward the info to proper investigators The case will now be further investigated to include my info. Some specifics are as follows: The "Photo' that appears on this site(see above) is a "montage". Which means that after a Police Sketch is made with Witness Info they then take the sketch and make it appears as if  the "Montage" drawing looks like an actual photo. This can be misleading because many descriptions  and "Montages" are grossly incorrect, due to misconceptions of "Victim": and witness. The end result is people look at the "photo" as "Real picture" of perp. Which it isn't. However, The "photo" (montage) on this site ) shows a perp of very distinct characteristic. Look ast the photo(above). How many times, if ever, you had seen a person like that as  described. Probably never. The distinct hair and look is something you would not forget because of its oddity. as described above, I did observe a person with such that  highly distinct look.  To clarify( see above) I observed him several times and do know his "haunts". The observation was 2 to 4 yrs ago before and after seeing the show at that time ( see all of my above communicate/info). Now it is obvious, and I am outraged, that my info given to OPP yrs ago  was never recorded, never acted upon and apparently lost. The incompetency should be rewarded with dismissal , fine or whatever punishment OPP fiqures out. I can tell you that any dept, NYPD in specific, that heads would roll. I am particularly concerned and alarmed in my specific situation. Keep in mind that there are many false reports, exaggerations and even kooks who contact police with "Information". Much of which is very wrong and misleading and waste of time. A PO must sift threw this condition. In my case,  it is a tragedy.  In my giving of info(read above) I repeatedly stated and identified myself as a retired NYPD officer. My status/identity is easily verifiable. Not that I infer that I am "special" but my professional background/ experience does carry  a heavy weight. Yet, All of my info was  dismissed. I would like to be known as "defending" the integrity of all po's. against allegations. However, in this case it is an extreme failure of the the OPP and can not be defended. Maybe at a later time I will disclose more information  and my personal opinion of what may have really occurred/ acted upon by concerned  involved Officers(dets).  Again please read all of my prior communicate , listed above. I had given other pertenant info to individuals(pers contact)  of which is not shown here. Sooo, if there are any questions to clarify or aid in understanding then post questions here, in future I will answer most q ' s  here (public forum).  AS of now OPP is including the investigation of leads  which are in califorina. Will Update info as I am informed.   

lostlinganer

• View Profile
Sap... and nypd:  what strikes me about the Oba Chandler guy is the pictures on murderpedia link.  There is certainly a lot to read about Oba; but every case I read connected to him, I  kept thinking of Kelly Cook ... and I will carry the following over to Kelly's thread (with accompanying pics)  coincidence? maybe! but worth documenting for comparison/consideration

-this guy seemed to get half his thrill out of planning... and luring.
-this guy used ropes to tie his victims
-this guy used concrete blocks and a boat to dispose of his victims
-this guy had the same personality as Kelly Cook perp.
-this guy had the same weathered face and poxy complexion
-this guy was the right age
-this guy could have very well been in any Canadian town just north of US border at times.... he did all type of crimes in Ohio. 

sorry for digressing so far into "Chandler"....   nonetheless; am I correct in assuming that you Lt. nypd know of another perp. with the same appearance as Oba Chandler out there... or here?  who is still "at large"?  Did you ever snap a pic of the guy?  scary to think of someone like that still doing what he does~
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:20:26 PM by lostlinganer »

Lt. nypd retired

• View Profile
Answer to Q from Lostlinganr;  RE' Observation of possible perp of double homicide in Ontario "rest Stop": When Last observed possible Perp(suspect) at a shopping store I did attempt to continue Obserbvation and possible "Snap Shot" as you say. By the time I manipulated camera, relocated subject it was a little too late. However, I do believe he left the parking area in a Volkswagon . Unable to determine plate. I guess I could have tried harder but at the time and with the developments, believing the OPP must have already investigated and Maybe I am "Going too far" etc., regrettably things are where they are at. I did not not know my prior info was lost/disregarded etc. At this time , I did give such new info to the "right" investigating officer of whom I believe is currently investigating the info. The investigation involves contacting the local California Police department concerned to further verify/ confirm subject s whereabouts.  P.S.  I am considering posting here my personal thoughts of what did happen to my prior info. The" information" is highlym accusatory and violatile.       

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
P.S.  I am considering posting here my personal thoughts of what did happen to my prior info. The" information" is highlym accusatory and violatile. 

We wouldn't be able to leave that posted on the board anyway.   

from SAP:

What is important is that you have now been in contact with the right authorities. Let it go what happened years ago with another officer; that's past. Police are only as human as the rest of us and we have down days. He could have dismissed your call as a hoax, or thought what the heck ... a suspect all the way across the continent ... not likely, or the notes just went missing. There's no need to print anything volatile for us, and the offending officer may not even ever see it. However if it bothers you that much, write it all down on a piece of paper and then burn the paper; it may make you feel better.

Good advice.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
or if it may still be important to serve justice and prevent crime, share it via personal messaging on here, with any of us you feel comfortable with.  ...you might want to consider a cell phone to use as a camera.... it doesn't need to be "activated".. usable to make phone calls... just charged up. 
It is good that you still value and practice law enforcement Lt..... but keep in mind that we common folk on here have an easier time reading if you could try "plain talk".... forget the fact you are an officer... just use plain lingo my friend... instead of that you would use all those years in your personal log book.  It takes more time for us simple folk to figure out what you are saying.  Keep up the good work my friend.  You can message me (for one) with your observation/belief.  It is good to share such material with those of us who might recall how and if it fits another incident in a particular given area. .... later Bud!!!  ;)     ~lostlinganer

Lt. nypd retired

• View Profile
I apologise if I did use "police"terms that are not fully understood and also not clearly state an occurance. I am reffering to specificall when I tried to "manipulate camera" etc when I observed a possible perpetrator (perp). More clearly I was attempting to use my Cell phone to pake a "photo". Unfortunatly I was not rehearsed in the "camera" useage. P.S. Its a funny thing, while I was an officer from 1967 through 1988< there was "NO Cell Phones" . For that matter when I worked "Homicide" GThere was No "DNA" analysis. Yes, There was Human blood determining and even Blood typing such as a,b, o etc.. That is if you got enough blood and it was fresh and preserved etc.   But think about  what good is type "B" on found blood and Suspect is "B". The world probably had Millions of type "B". I would be laughed out of court with the "B" type presentation even of suspect was "B"> Its too general even to be really considered/confused by Jury. That's the way it is.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
This thread is now open. Relevant information can be posted here in regard to the murders of Jacqueline McAllister & Brian Major.

For those of you wishing to discuss other things (such as what was mentioned earlier on this thread) there is always private message.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
This case reminds me of Travis Vader and the McCann's.  Travis was familiar with Blind River.

jb

lostlinganer

• View Profile
for sure JB.... but now that I see it again, I've got Chandler on my brain. I
http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c1/chandler-oba.htm                               

maybe folks interested and knowledgeable about the Blind River,ON case might want to take a look at Oba Chandler.... .and the fact that Oba's favorite method of disposing of women and girls matched Kelly Cook's disposal.... I'm sure he had other methods in the incident of a rushed robbery/murder!.... I still believe he was roaming Canada back then.... more about him on one of the Kelly Cook threads.

Another, was Bill Christensen.... which is what had me thinking back a few years ago... that could have been the bold caller in the Kelly Cook case.  He is another I felt may have done harm in Canada and actually had the connections to have his criminal records, including time in and out of jail, falsified!  http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/C/CHRISTENSON_william_dean.php

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:21:17 PM by lostlinganer »