Author Topic: Lynda White - Burlington, ON - Murdered - 1968  (Read 66661 times)

chickapey

• View Profile
Re: Lynda White - Burlington, ON - Murdered - 1968
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
unless we're missing some articles, I'm curious about a few things... where does it tell us how many room mates Lynda had and what their names are? Why no quotes from the the family? If they spoke to all these people, where is the information on the person she was meeting at the walk up on Wharncliffe? At what point did the police get notified and by who?  This was not the first of the murders or abductions in London.. Frankie Jensen and Jackie Dunleavy had already disappeared and were found by this point... all with a connection of sorts to Oxford St... Jackie found at one end of Oxford.... Hyde Park crosses Oxford not far from where Frankie was last seen and Lynda would have to cross Oxford as well.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2015, 01:16:02 PM »
chickapea" unless we're missing some articles, I'm curious about a few things... where does it tell us how many room mates Lynda had and what their names are? Why no quotes from the the family? If they spoke to all these people, where is the information on the person she was meeting at the walk up on Wharncliffe? At what point did the police get notified and by who?

Smart questions!!

I have my own point of view as to what happened to Lynda, but at this point I will rest upon it.
I do not believe that she went out into the nite to look for fun or a drink on her own after saying goodbye to her girlfriend. Yes, as the girlfriend  said, she last saw Lynda disappearing into the nite, which spells some drama and conjures up all kinds of images ---and speculation, as though that was the last time she was alive......

Perhaps Lynda made it home quite safely.  We don't know.  And why nothing from the family?

JB
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:46:45 PM by jellybean »

ProPatria

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »
The section of Murder City

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
I just looked at the location of 34 argyle on google maps and noticed that to get there from the Oxford wharnecliffe intersection that lynda would have likely gone down St Patrick passing St George Anglican. The house on the other side of the church was a halfway house for parolees and addict, I remember when I went Western in the 90s there would often be group of tough, scary looking people on the porch there. 
I found this link from the mid80s where it is mentioned ( 224 wharnecliffe north).  Was it a halfway house at the time of lynda's murder?

http://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/lbrr/archives/hv%209308%20d55%201985-86-eng.pdf

Always thought it was an odd location with school right beside it.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2015, 02:03:47 PM »
that house has always been for alcoholics recovering

ProPatria

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
In addition to my interest in the Lynda White case I have a personal connection to two other homicides of this era:

Jackie English
Donna AwcockMurder City.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:40:10 AM by ProPatria »

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »
ProPatria... was no one at the Rickshaw ever questioned about anything they saw?? Why wouldn't the police think to question any business Michelle and the man she was with could have gone?

ProPatria

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2015, 06:17:10 AM »
Chickapey:  No, we were never questioned.  I remember reading the early London Free Press coverage but don't recall any mention of the T&C.  I'm sure I would have remembered if so.

The Rickshaw closed at 11:00 PM during the week.  We sold cigarettes, which was legal for restaurants at the time.  Not sure about the T&C - I never went inside.  But, there was no place closer for bar patrons to buy smokes in that neighbourhood than the Rickshaw.

ProPatria

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 05:47:23 PM »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 07:30:12 AM by ProPatria »

Vanessa Brown

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2017, 10:33:29 AM »
I would like to talk to members of Lynda's family if they are available. I'm a journalist working on a story.

ProPatria

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »
Both Lynda's brother and sister were interviewed and appear in the To Catch a Killer episode dealing with this murder.

You might start by contacting Professor Arntfield at Western.  He would have an idea as to how receptive they might be to an interview with you: perhaps he could arrange something as an intermediary.

Good luck