Author Topic: Robert Bruce Stapylton, 11, - London, ON - Murdered - 1969  (Read 37147 times)

chickapey

• View Profile
Re: Robert Bruce Stapylton, 11, - London, ON - Murdered - 1969
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »
No disrespect but I can't see how he could have been found in a corn field given the time of year he was discovered. The corn would have been harvested before this and his body found. From any of the articles already posted, it's clear he was found on the corner where the gas station now stands... south west corner.
If the body was that decomposed, there was no cause of death etc then how can they rule out foul play? If he was such an avid camper, he would have taken supplies.. not just walked off in the middle of the day and walked all that way to the corner. It's still troubling to read about the massive search for him yet see nothing in the newspaper of the day mentioning it... no appeals from the family, nothing. Who reported him missing?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2015, 06:44:18 AM »
I live in corn country, and sometimes the corn is left in the fields past harvest time, it has to be dry to be harvested.

I tried to take a quick look back to see exactly when Robert was found, but don't have the time right now to confirm...But it is not unusual for corn to be in fields as late as November...

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2015, 03:38:05 PM »
Good to know about the corn (I guess the feed corn is different than human corn) But the articles all state the corner where the woodlot is as well

elsie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »
Occasionally, not often though, feed corn is not harvested until winter freeze-up or even as late as the next spring.