Author Topic: Pauline Dudley - Oakville, ON - Murdered - 1973  (Read 6838 times)

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
Pauline Dudley - Oakville, ON - Murdered - 1973
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:06:21 AM »
Pauline Dudley, 17 years.
Case Number - 10886-73
Address: Third Line R.R. # 1, Milton
Location: Recovered at Lower Base Line and Highway # 25 Town of Oakville   

On Monday, August 10, 1973, the victim, Pauline Ivy DUDLEY, 17 years of age was dropped off at her parent's residence on Lakeshore Road in the Town of Oakville. Investigation revealed that she spent some time with her mother and left the residence at approximately 2200 hours. Pauline had indicated that she was going to return to her residence located on the Third Line, R.R. # 1 in the Town of Milton where she lived with her boyfriend. Pauline was not seen again.
On August 28, 1973 the clothed body of Pauline Dudley was located by a local farmer working his fields at the corner of the Lower base Line and Highway 25, Town of Oakville.
If you have any information on this case please call the Major Crime Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext.5082 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

freeman

• View Profile
Re: Pauline Dudley - Oakville, ON - Murdered - 1973
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »
This link is to a review of a book by a retired OPP officer who thinks he knows who killed Pauline.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5156074--viable-suspect-explored-in-murder-that-saw-steven-truscott-wrongfully-convicted/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 10:51:30 AM by freeman »

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »
I was recently reviewing Barry Ruhl's book on the murder of Lynne Harper in which he introduces his theory that Harper and Pauline Dudley were killed by the same person, a travelling salesman who he refers to as "Larry Talbot."

In another post about Lynne Harper, I mentioned that there's been so much attention paid to the question of Steven Truscott's culpability that no one in the general public seems to consider the crime scene.  It's obvious to me that the poor girl was targeted by an experienced, sexually motivated killer (not a 14 year old boy!).  The posing of her body makes this very clear.

Anyways, I'm interested in the possible connection between Harper and Dudley.  Ruhl points out that both young women were discovered posed in a similar manner, but he doesn't go into any detail, aside from mentioning that the killer covered them both in branches or brush.  I've looked into Dudley a bit, but unfortunately it seems there's little information about her murder.  Sadly, it seems she's been forgotten.  I hope there are efforts to restore her to the public memory.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:05:20 PM by George Fayne »

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »
Here's the  link to a newspaper article published in The Canadian Champion (Milton) shortly after Pauline's death. I found this via the Halton Historical and newspapers database, which anyone can access through the Oakville Public Library site.

I'll add a transcription at some point when I have more time.

According to the article, Dudley's body was in a state of advanced decomposition so her cause of death was impossible to determine (at least at that time).  She did have a hairline fracture along her jaw.