Author Topic: Jacqueline Dunleavy, 16, - London, ON - Murdered - 1968  (Read 122076 times)

chickapey

• View Profile
Re: Jacqueline Dunleavy, 16, - London, ON - Murdered - 1968
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
After looking a little on the net, apparently, a hearing impaired person can drive.

rkay

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
The 19 yr old was the only one  (of legal age) who could have been driving that night...what was he doing hanging out with two 14 yr. old boys?  I think in the late 60's that would have been thought of as odd.  Could a deaf mute legally drive at that time?

Not knowing anything about them personally, I might speculate that 2 14-year-olds would happily take advantage of someone with a license, especially someone who might not fit in with others his own age, and might be happy for their company regardless of their motives.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:57:33 PM by rkay »

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
Here is the access road from Oxford to the CPRI. I can't decide if the part of the school would have been there back then or not. It seems to fit in with the building so I guessed so.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »
The access road looked like it would have been lined with new trees at that time. St Thomas Aquanis is still pretty new and before that, it was an open field used for soccer. Nothing fancy... just a field. It was not like the soccer fields are today... marked off and well kept... it was just two goal posts really. There was a snow fence put up once a year and taken down in spring so other than that there wasn't even a chain link fence around it. Looking around the former dead end of Oxford Street... there is no way they would be looking for a hill to sled down. Like I said in a previous post, there was nothing there but fairly dense bush down to the river and if I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember it may have been a dirt road shortly after the turn at Sanitorium.
Also, driving by her house I was reminded that the Springbank bus would have gone right by her house... almost right in front. I think the Springbank used to stop on Stanley too so she wouldn't have had a transfer

rkay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:17 PM »
That's a very good point, chickapey.

My current speculation is that she would have been picked up at the stop on Stanley, and the driver would've made the easy turn left onto Wharncliffe, to then head left (west) onto Riverside. That direction would've been towards her home on Griffith which would have allowed several minutes to put her at ease (assuming that the offer was for a drive home).  Possibly that means the driver took her as far as where Riverside ends at Sanitorium Road--and then, rather than turning left towards Byron, turned right towards the CPRI grounds, (or, if earlier, off Hyde Park Road)-- before she likely would have realized she was not going where she expected. Given where she was found, and the short time frame involved, that seems to make the most sense.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 09:30:52 AM »
Just wondering if the driver picked her up and turned right onto Wharncliffe then to Oxford Park area to pick up the others (Maycourt and Brittania I think it was) then west on Oxford. She'd still think she was going home until they went straight to the dead end instead of making the left on Sanitorium.  As I've stated before, there was nothing down there at that time of night.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
I wonder too... in one of the pages from the newspaper, it says Jacqueline had family slain here in 1963. I wonder what that was all about?

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
Jacqueline's parents have both passed away (2001 and 2004) I hope for her brother and sister's sake someone finds them some answers.

gibbons

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
Chickapey,

Thanks for the update and also for the supplemental picture of the laneway/driveway at the side of the school.

freeman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
Here is an interesting post I found from a woman who thinks her army father was responsible for the murders of Lynn Harper and possibly Jackie Dunleavy

http://www.child-abuse-effects.com/child-abuse-articles-by-eileen-hf.html

She doesn't have much proof beyond the fact he was a sexually abusive psychopath who was in the London area at the time and whose army records for 1959 were altered or are missing.

She mentions two things which I didn't know, first that an army boot lace was found around the neck of Susan Cadieux and that the body of an airman suspected in Lynne Harper's death ( I assume she means Sgt Kalichuk) was exhumed and he was cleared ( as far as I know there was no available DNA evidence in the Harper case).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:14:43 PM by freeman »

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
Spoke to someone from my old neighbourhood today and I brought up Jackie's name. Apparently, the boys who reported finding the body to the police never had a toboggan with them. Maybe this is why the police kept them so long? The story doesn't add up then and it doesn't add up now.

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
Here is an article posted by another facebook user... it's regarding Lynne Harper but this creep could have still been active for this...

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/250921#.TslW3nYbQtM.facebook

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »
Wow, that article written by the woman who thinks her father may have been a murderer.....MIND BLOWING!!  Has anyone followed up on her writings?

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »
Here's something interesting as well... at the time Jackie would have been attending public school, there was a man named Fred Tyrell who taught at both Northview and Southwood schools. He was later tried and convicted as a child molester (in 1989). Several children from that same era came forward.  I wonder if he was questioned at the time? From speaking to some of the students there then, it was fairly common knowledge back then but nothing was done about it. I guess they lacked proof and even if someone had come forward then, it's unlikely they would have been believed.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 07:18:12 PM »
Chickapey,

Thanks for providing the link to the Star article from 2007.  Would it be possible for you or another computer handy member to copy it to the thread?  These articles disappear after time and you have to pay the Star to access them.

This article and Freeman's (Reply Aug.11) both involve daughters who have stated that their respective fathers could have been responsible for some of the London and area unsolved murders.  A group of us, and especially rkay, did some research into Eileen Howard's claims. Their family home in London was not that far from Jackie's home in Byron. We have no idea if her concerns were investigated by LE.  She did offer to provide LE with her DNA since her father had died, but doesn't say if they followed through. 

The reality of just how many known serious predators are living among us is mind boggling.  The (unproven) claim of a cover-up by the military is also very concerning.