Author Topic: Thomas Williams Missing Oct 3, 2013 Cambridge, Ontario  (Read 5482 times)

me

• View Profile

soccermom

Re: Thomas Williams Missing Oct 3, 2013 Cambridge, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »
Me --
thanks for starting this thread; it's awful to think this man has been missing for more than a month! Does anyone have any updates or other kinds of information to share? Perhaps if Thomas' picture was circulated better among the public, folks might remember or connect something. My best wishes go out to this man's loved ones. It must be very hard for them.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:08:40 AM »
Something doesnt sit right with me on this one looking at the pictures he appears pretty healthy, healthy enough at least to be up on a roof working obviously.  Wish we had more of the circumstance under which he went missing last seen walking on a street is pretty vague.  Hope this man is safe and wondering in any bank cars or anything has been used surely they checked on that or at the drug store to see if he perhaps renewed his prescriptions . 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:28 AM »
Thomas Williams is pictured below. Pictures are taken from the links provided above by the member 'me' (thanks me).

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
Not knowing what William's medical condition was, it is hard to know what could have happened. Was he always reliable and in contact with family members or was he in the habit of going away for days without notice. He does look reasonably healthy and if he was working at the time, maybe he just willingly left. But not taking his medication is kind of a red flag. And we don't know what his state of mind was, if he was depressed or anything or had a disagreement with someone at home. All kinds of factors to think about. Being missing a month and nobody reporting it doesn't sound good. Why was it so long before he was reported missing. And who are the witnesses that saw him walking away, is this just from one person or several. A lot of unanswered questions and a mystery as to where he is.  Something like Curtis Barry, disappeared off the face of the earth, so to say. :o :o :o :o :o

me

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
I can't find it now, but I saw a video clip of Mr. Williams' son speaking to a reporter.  All of the family is from out of town and he was very frustrated at the lack of attention in the media about his father's case.

I live in Cambridge and hadn't seen any notices about this man missing.  I'm not clear on exactly when he was reported missing, but I had the impression that the family had contacted police within days of not hearing from him.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/new-public-plea-in-search-for-missing-cambridge-man-1.1521775http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/new-public-plea-in-search-for-missing-cambridge-man-1.1521775#ixzz2jyyjBWAR

me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »
And honestly, the level of reporting on missing persons in this area is beyond pathetic.  I couldn't believe my eyes last month when a 14 year old at-risk girl went missing at 8 p.m. , the local paper reported  AT 2 P.M. THE FOLLOWING DAY.  And all they could report was that she failed to return home, no report of when she was last seen and get this, they actually stated that no description of the girl was available.  WHAT? NONE? I emailed the paper with a complaint.  I posted the article on facebook and had one of my daughter's friends tell me that the girl was from her school.  She didn't have a photo, but was able to give me a description.

So, it took the local media 16 hours to report on a missing 14 year old, but guess what?  Within 2 hours of the media posting her name and nothing else, the police had people calling them to tell them where she was.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4196509-cambridge-firefighters-searching-grand-river-for-missing-person/

Police will only state that this is in connection with a missing person case but will not state which one.  I meant to note that Grand Ave S., parallels the Grand River in Cambridge and it is always a concern when someone in this area goes missing that they may have ended up in the river.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 05:02:46 PM »
I guess they are looking for this man in the area of the water. Someone may have seen him in that area.  It is a lot like a young woman in N.B. she was down by the river and her body was found this week. Sad ending for the family. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. William's family and hope they find him. 8) :o :o :o :o

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Finally, some good news.

Dec 13, 2013  | Vote0   0
Missing Cambridge man found
By Record staff
A Cambridge man who had been missing for about two months has been found.

Thomas Williams was located in Cayuga by the Ontario Provincial Police. Williams, 67, went missing on Sept. 27 in Kitchener. He was said to have been spotted on Oct. 3.

Police had called on the public to help find the man who requires daily medication.

Waterloo Regional Police thanked the media and the community for their continued support and assistance on the file.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4270611-missing-cambridge-man-found/

trasker

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:31:25 PM by trasker »

2soccermom

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 08:27:32 PM »
thank you for the update/clarification, Trasker, although I wish it was better news.
My belated condolences go out to Thomas's family and friends.