Author Topic: Two women missing from reserve near Maniwaki - since Oct.20, 2013  (Read 4370 times)

kathybarnes

• View Profile

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Two women missing from reserve near Maniwaki - since Oct.20, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
Sure hoping these women are safe.  If going to a party I wonder why they would not have taken there cell phone.  Girls that age sure dont like to be seperated away from their phone that is strange.

SAP

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:59 PM »
Full story below. Is it just me, or would a person who receives such a large amount of money not put it to better use? I hope they are found safe and haven't blown all that funding on a good time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/aboriginal-women-missing-west-quebec-113651358.html

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »
Did they have a bundle of cash on them or not?  It makes a big difference re motive for their disappearance imo.   

(per CBC report)

The pair had gone out the night before their disappearance, according to Bridget Tolley, Spence's mother. She also said they left their money, wallets and cellphones at home. 

Police said Whiteduck had received a $1,000 cheque on Oct. 17 and already had a cheque for $10,000 in hand. She had cashed the cheques and went out partying over last weekend, said Gorden McGregor, director of the Kitigan Zibi Police Force. 

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »
Wow, that much cash sure is a recipe for disaster in these economic times. I think I would start with - where did they cash the cheques? Who knew they cashed the cheques? Who did they talk to while out and about partying? Who are the friends of friends that would discuss the somewhat careless nature of girls out with a load of cash? Where did they pay their bills and could anyone see the cash when they reached into the wallet to get it? What's the nature of the baby daddies?

Would they have tried to get some drugs with the cash? And, if so, wouldn't that tell elements that these two girls are "vulnerable" to temptation, or worse?  Who did they buy their "party" supplies from?

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 06:06:38 PM »
Thank god they are safe.  And Imagine quite a story to tell but the good news for their family is they are safe and alive .  So nice to have a happy ending for a change.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
That's great news.  I was so worried, especially when they said wallets and cell phones had been left behind.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:45 PM »
Very good news.

plush

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
Wonderful news!

SAP

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »
Yes wonderful news. Another possible encounter with disaster thwarted. Some aren't so fortunate.
I think it is time that "mothers" take more responsibility for their actions and rethink before actually getting caught up in the party mode leaving kids behind. Somewhere along the way someone needs to take responsibility for the actions.
What if this had not been the ending?
Would Harper be under fire again?
Where would the fingers point?