Author Topic: Genevieve Mary Cormier (19) Missing from Saint John since Sept. 30, 2013  (Read 24419 times)

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
This young lady has been missing in Saint John since Sept. 30. News stories state that she was last seen uptown but I was told she was last seen near the Reversing Falls bridge.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/saint-john-police-seek-missing-woman-1.1875759

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
Re: Genevieve Mary Cormier (19) Missing from Saint John since Sept. 30, 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »
Folks, this person is the relative of a friend of my family so lets keep this thread fresh with posts and hope that a tip comes in which is valid.
As of yet GSAR has not been activated for this missing person and there doesnt appear to be much to go on as per a specific area for GSAR to be activated to Search.

Anyone with Tips please contact SJ Police at (506)648-3333 or Crime Stoppers

Thanks

GSAR_Mbr   

Nessa.Layla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 10:45:59 PM »
I first want to correct that she went missing on the 29th, she was reported missing on the 30th. But I wanted to add that partridge island should be searched. It's a place she loves to go. If she went by herself it's very dangerous. The way she takes to come down isn't the usual way people get off the island. When you are coming off on the left side there are rocks that you have to shimmi between. The rock isn't very wide and you could easily fall. I already notified the police,so did other family members. She may not be there, but it is a possibility and it's better to rule it out. Gen also loves going on walks and nature. Any woodsy areas shoudl be searched.
She is my cousin and a dear friend. I miss her like crazy and just want her home safe.

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »

Name: Genevieve Mary CORMIER
Alias: Gen
Area of Disappearance:   Saint John, NB
Location Last Seen: Reversing Falls Bridge(headed west)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 120lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Tattoos: Bird
Location of Tattoo : Back on Right Shoulder
Writing with Tattoo : "Take these broken wings and learn to fly."
Piercings: Unknown

Clothing Description:  Will be updated as soon as information is available
Pants:
Shirt:
Footwear:
Jacket: Black Jacket with Pink and Green on the shoulders
Sweater:
Headwear:

Additional Information:

Genevieve has not been seen or heard from since the afternoon of Sunday, September 29th, Her last confirmed sighting was at Tim Horton's uptown. A friend believes she saw her walking near the Reversing Falls bridge (by Ocean Steal), towards the west side, Sunday around 16:20Hrs, not long after she told a friend she was going home (she lives on the west side.)

Police Contact Number:
Saint John Police Force Dispatch (506)648-3333

GSAR_Mbr

Attached Images

Image Name:      Description:
Missing_Gen_Banner      4 Images of Genivieve
Missing_Gen_Jacket      Shows Jacket last seen wearing
Missing_Gen_Security_Image   Shows Genivieve at Tim Hortons, Last known location for certain
Missing_Gen_Tatoo      Shows Tatoo on back of right shoulder

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:06 AM »
Nessa.Layla: Would there have been time for her to reach PI before dark? That would be a heck of a walk from over town. Would there be a bus that would take her close? When I lived there we basically only had the East-West route on Sundays and from what I've heard service is worse, now.
The big problem is nobody knows exactly where to look. It seems (unless police know more) that the last confirmed sighting was at Brunswick Square and I don't think they said what time. She could have gone in any direction after that. However, her last text leads us to believe she was heading west. Am I right? I don't think the sighting near Ocean Steel has been confirmed, either? I wonder if they were able to zero in on where that last text was sent from. Might not be enough towers to get an accurate read.
I've had a knot in my stomach for the last three days. One of the family has been my dear friend since we were kids. I wish I lived nearby so I could help with the search. All I can do is keep sharing her pics. My friends, bless them, have shared to Montreal, Indiana, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland as well as all over NB.
Hoping she is found safe and soon.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
Gen is captured on camera at a Tim Hortons
http://www.saintjohn.ca/en/home/cityhall/publicsafety/police/newsroom/newsreleases/updatemissingperson.aspx

debbiec, or a techie poster  may want to upload these pictures of her.

jb

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
Gen is captured on camera at a Tim Hortons
http://www.saintjohn.ca/en/home/cityhall/publicsafety/police/newsroom/newsreleases/updatemissingperson.aspx

debbiec, or a techie poster  may want to upload these pictures of her.

jb

JB one of the four were already posted I'll add the others for you.

GSAR_Mbr

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 07:15:51 AM »
Updated: Confirmed sighting

City police letting us know they have a confirmed sighting of Gen Cormier on Sunday.

An email says she was seen walking in the back parking lot of the Reversing Falls/Boaz restaurant.

A family friend telling CHSJ News that the 19 year old often walked that route to her home on the lower West side.

She was reported missing by family on Monday.

Police want to hear from anyone who was in or near the parking lot of the Reversing Falls restaurant or in the park above that may have seen her.

The Major Crime Unit is looking into the matter and following up on any leads and tips that come forward.

If you have any information, call 648-3333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

GSAR_Mbr

SAP

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 09:06:59 AM »
Godspeed in finding Gen well and safe. Thoughts and prayers for her family and friends. :(

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »
Saint John Police Force- News Release

UPDATE: We want to pass on to the general public that we have now confirmed a sighting of Genevieve CORMIER on Sunday the 29th of September. She was seen walking in the back parking lot of the Reversing Falls Restaurant / Boaz Restaurant.

We are asking anyone that may have been in or near the parking lot of the Reversing Falls restaurant or in the park located above that may have seen her to contact the police.

The Major Crime Unit is continuing to investigate this missing person and is following up with any leads or tips that come forward.

The Saint John Police Force is continuing the search and is asking anyone who has any information in relation to this missing person to contact the Saint John Police Force at 506-648-3333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can also provide information anonymously on the NB Crime Stoppers Website at www.crimenb.ca

http://www.saintjohn.ca/en/home/cityhall/publicsafety/police/newsroom/newsreleases/updatemissingperson1.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GSAR_Mbr

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 07:09:29 AM »
A lot of the West Side has been searched including the Fort Dufferin area on the bay. Where on earth can she be???
Every day her pic gets shared on FB by many of my friends and me.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
So in the area that she would be walking towards her home, which she may have been going to, are there any bars around there or strip clubs or taverns. Would anyone be able to quickly take her from the area. I mean she is very slight and if she was not afraid, especially in the day hours and not expecting any harm to come her way, she could very easily have been taken. And would she really attempt to go to PI by herself. I've seen stories about this on the news before, but I wouldn't think she'd venture over there alone. Most young people like company with them when they go on a long walk or a little adventure. I do hope there are some video surveillance cameras around there. Good thing coming up with the TH video. I sure hope this young woman is found, a long time with no contact with family or friends. Prayers to everyone. And also I urge anyone that knows anything to please call the Saint John Police or Crime Stoppers. :o :o :o :o :o

Foggy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 07:24:40 AM »
Today is Oct 11 and t seems rather odd that nothing is being reported anymore in the media, or by Law Enforcement. At this stage I would think some urgency would be escalating as to her whereabouts. But it's just dropped off the radar. Are they assuming she is just in hiding somewhere?