Author Topic: Genevieve Mary Cormier (19) Missing from Saint John since Sept. 30, 2013  (Read 24491 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Genevieve Mary Cormier (19) Missing from Saint John since Sept. 30, 2013
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
Curious T., that is exactly how this seems. I mean she had a plan to go home, as I understand it. So she ran into someone who changed her mind. I don't believe she did anything to harm herself, because she was out and about and talking with people. I do believe she encountered someone that day. A long time gone and this is cold weather now and I don't believe she would do this to her family for sure. Someone could be holding her against her will. The police should be knocking on doors around the area she was seen. And they should be urging anyone who saw anything that might seem suspicious or unusual, to let the police know. It could be sounds they heard or a neighbour acting unusual or someone acting in a fashion they don't usually do. Call Crime Stoppers or the St. John Police and inform them of your suspicions, if you have any. That is what will get this case solved, people giving tips to the police. :o :o :o :o

BaySailor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »
I do agree, there are many possible explanations here and it's a heartbreaking case. I would add, however, that often a person who has depression can actually be upbeat  and outgoing just before taking their own life as the act of making the decision to do so lifts the weight of the sadness from their shoulders as they see 'a way out'. I'm not saying that this is what happened but simply that it remains a strong possibility.

I just hope they find her well very soon.   

Curious T.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 07:57:18 PM »
As a mother of a daughter, my heart aches for this family.  My son was missing once for a short time, he is a diabetic, and I feared the worst.  That short period of time until we found him tore the guts out of me, and I still remember how helpless I felt.  Please God, someone must know something, and may not even realize it is relevant to the disappearance.

mharrison

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »
Whom ever this is I hope they are identified soon. Everyone has loved ones and even bad news is better than not knowing. My thoughts go out to whom ever this family is :(

http://country94news.blogspot.ca/2013/11/body-discovered-on-beach.html?m=1

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2013, 06:32:55 PM »
Well we know of Gen Cormier that is missing recently, it possibly is her, because it is in St. John. God bless those who are left behind to deal with the person, whomever it is. :'( :'( :'( :'(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »
I just saw that a body was found in St. John in an area, there has been no identification. As we know there are several people missing in N.B., so we have to wait for ID. My thoughts and prayers to families of anyone missing in or around that area, who may think this is their loved one. :'( :'( :'( :'(

mharrison

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
Your right, no positive ID has been made yet. I am still holding out hope for a happy ending for Gen. I live about 5 mins away from where the body was found, the beach where he/she was found is right on the bay which opens into the atlantic. That being said they could be from anywhere. On the other side on a clear day Nova Scotia can be seen. I hope whom ever this person is can be laid to rest and have their family have the closure they deserve. RIP :(

mharrison

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:05 PM »
People are stating all over Facebook that the identity of the person found has been released. No offical statements or release has been put out as of yet by the police or family.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »
People are stating all over Facebook that the identity of the person found has been released. No offical statements or release has been put out as of yet by the police or family.

Thank you for not publishing the name (if it is true that it's been released). Best to wait until it is released by police. That way we know that family has been notified.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newbrunswick/genevieve-cormiers-body-found-in-saint-john-3

Certainly not the ending many had hoped for but may her family find some peace in that at least she has been found.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »
A very sad ending. A life ended way to soon.

My condolences to Gen's family and friends as they begin to deal with this loss.

RIP Genevieve.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:19:57 PM by debbiec »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2013, 01:04:18 PM »
God bless that beautiful girl's spirit;  and give her loved ones strength.  It is yet, another of those days when we have to get up from the computer, dry our eyes, and again swallow the lump that is forming in our throat.  No matter how many times these cases turn out bad, the pain is never any easier... as we have taken each one into our heart and prayed over and over for it to turn out the opposite.  My tears fall now as I send out my heart-felt condolences to the Cormier family.  :'(

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
This must be a crushing blow to her family. My sincere condolences goes out to each of  them, and may God Bless them as they go through the loss of their beautiful daughter Genevieve Mary.

Genevieve is a beautiful name which you gave to a beautiful daughter.

In France her name is pronounced Jenna-vee-ev. A lovely soft name that tinkles in the air  with its softness, and lingers within it, long after it has been voiced.

My most sincere, and deepest heartfelt  regrets over your loss.

Jellybean.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:36:59 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »
RIP Genevieve. Condolences to family and friends. :(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »
Foul play not suspected in death of Genevieve Cormier

Police still waiting for autopsy report before ruling out foul play in Saint John teen's death

CBC News Posted: Nov 04, 2013 11:57 AM AT| Last Updated: Nov 04, 2013 7:37 PM AT

Police do not suspect foul play in the death of New Brunswick teenager Genevieve Cormier, but are not ruling it out until they have the autopsy report.

The body of the 19-year-old Saint John High School student, who had been missing since late September, was discovered on a beach on Saturday.

"We are awaiting the pathologist's report to conclude the investigation," Saint John Police Force Sgt. Jay Henderson told CBC News on Monday.

"We want to rule out any type of trauma that's been done to the body. And also we're awaiting on the toxicology report," he said.

Police will provide an update once they receive the medical report from the Saint John Regional Hospital's pathology department, Henderson said.

It is unclear when that will be, he said.

No additional details about Cormier's death have been released.

Cormier was last seen on Sept. 29, in a parking lot near the Reversing Falls, on the city's west side.

Her body was found on the city's east side by a woman walking her dog in the Red Head area, near Anthony's Cove.

Cormier's grieving family has declined to comment, but a posting on the Facebook group called "Missing Person Genevieve Cormier" states: "I wanted to thank everyone, on behalf of the entire family, for your amazing compassion and support. We also thank you for respecting our privacy during this difficult time."

More can be viewed at the link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/foul-play-not-suspected-in-death-of-genevieve-cormier-1.2355421