Author Topic: Donna Jean Awcock - 17 - Murdered - October 13, 1983 - London, ON  (Read 80568 times)

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Donna Jean Awcock - 17 - Murdered - October 13, 1983 - London, ON
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
Chickapey--I find it odd that LE led the family to believe the clerk was a male.  Perhaps it was intentional misinformation to protect the clerk's identity.  I guess that is understandable, considering that a killer was on the loose.

Charming bunch eh?  LOL

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2015, 10:39:37 AM »
oh charming alright. Another posted contacted me saying she lived in the area and is positive there was a male clerk at the time. At any rate, now that I've heard a few things about the staff, it's sad to say the refusal for the phone makes sense now (considering the source(

cardmuncher

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2016, 10:13:40 PM »
Perpetrator moved out west? When and how does anyone know this and why wasn't it followed up?

2soccermom

« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2016, 10:22:18 PM »
I'm sorry -- I'm a little behind in the thread. I'm not sure to what you are referring, Cardmuncher, in this reference to a perp out west. Did someone post info that now has disappeared?

galaxygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2016, 10:19:44 PM »
The clerk did NOT let her use the phone stating company policy. This is directly from his statement and from the family of Donna.

The fact that she had pizza was from the police to Donna's family.

The kind of person Michelle was is also directly from Donna's family who knew her well and from a previous address they lived.  Nothing embellished here.

Chick, would you tell us what the previous street was that Donna's family lived on?  Was it in the old East Village area (east of Adelaide St. and north of Dundas St.?

I have a theory that just popped into my head.  What if the unknown man had lived in the Old East Village area before and he moved away.  Maybe he was a customer at the Queens Hotel (The Town and Country was called that in the 1970's).  Maybe he had been away in jail for a few years and came back to London to visit family.  Maybe he spent the day and night at the T and C for old times sake but the regulars were different and nobody recognised him.  Then Michelle came into the bar and maybe she knew him from the old neighbourhood.  Maybe Donna remembered him from the old neighbourhood too.  Maybe it would help to see if any registered sex offenders lived in the area in the seventies and early eighties.  Maybe there was someone who wasn't registered because he did his time before they kept the data base.  I'm not sure where I'm going with this but these are thoughts that I'm having.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:41:15 AM by galaxygirl »

galaxygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2016, 11:45:08 AM »
Does anyone know what street the Awcock family lived on before they moved to the Cheyenne Avenue housing complex?

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »
sorry GG I didn't see the first time you asked. I believe they lived in the Pond Mills area

Casca2525

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2016, 05:45:34 AM »
welcome Casca2525 I think you can be a lot of help. Do you remember if there were any pay phones working in the plaza?

there use to be a booth out in the parking lot next to Huron, but the entire time I was at Ross and took the bus up to the plaza the receiver was ripped out, that's why I went to Bondi's, if Bondi's was closed I had to walk up to Ron Kraft's to call home for a ride.

I was at Ross from feb 79 till june 83, during that entire time the only one I ever saw working the mac's was jessie, I was told her name and that she owned the macs by the guy that ran the Bondi's
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:50:53 AM by Casca2525 »

Casca2525

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
Based on the address for the store and the apartment building, I think Donna lived at (and perhaps the woman she babysat for did too) the "L-shaped" apartment building seen at the following google map link and the variety store was just across the driveway, to the south.   

No need for a ride there.

I haven't been at the plaza in years, but I just clicked the link that was in the post above and was moving up the street, and thinking that the fence wasn't there when I was a kid, and that the kid that started school just before I finished, with the cowboy hat lived in the, (I asked him why he wore it and he told me it was the only thing his old man left when he took off about a month or 2 after they moved in, not sure if it means anything), it was a street side ground floor apt in 88, and it was winter of 82 or 83

jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »
Hoping this is the year you'll find the answer....thinking of Donna and her family today.

car guy

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »
I have had an interest in the Awcock case from day one, can anybody tell me how to find out the date a car was reported stolen ? I have owners name and there is a connection to the Awcock family .

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2017, 05:08:18 PM »
That sketch of the suspect posted is inaccurate. Michelle said she made it up and another witness described another man

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »
Car Guy... to see when a report was made of a stolen car, I'd think contacting London Police would be a first step  Good luck. You may also want to check out Donnas page on facebook

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »
Donna's sister discussed the case on the podcast, "Murder in the Family": http://themurderinmyfamily.com/episode-23-donna-jean-awcock/