Author Topic: Looking for my Aunt Sonya Töllikkö  (Read 3097 times)

NayNay1972

• View Profile
Looking for my Aunt Sonya Töllikkö
« on: June 24, 2013, 08:33:03 PM »

:'(
My Aunt Sonya has been missing for 20+ years, but my Uncle said he heard she may have been seen in Fernie, B.C. about 8-10 yrs ago now, but no evidence or proof of this claim. She grew up on Vancouver island and spent a lot of time in Vancouver where my grandmother once lived in the Empress Hotel on Hastings Street. So it wouldn't surprise me if that's where she went back to. My family has always been somewhat distant from one another due to bad childhood memories they are trying to forget but never for this length of time. My Aunt Sonya would at least make an appearance every few years just to let us know she was ok. I last saw her in 1989, a year after her brother had shot and killed himself. She came to Wildwood, Alberta to visit my mom, her sister, and brought along a man with her by the name of Don, and their 2 year old son. After they left a short while later we were informed they had added a baby girl to their family, but it was just a short while after that that my Aunt Sonya had abandoned her newly found family life and pretty much disappeared. She lived a high risk lifestyle that included drugs of all sorts and alcohol, most likely to suppress the pain she endured from her childhood. I believe the man she had a son and daughter from had the last name of **** . He was a very large man, that I can recall and seemed to be quite controlling of my Aunt. In 1989 this man, Don, was driving a manual stick shift station wagon that was brown in colour,  it would had been a late70's model, and they were living in central B.C. at that time. My aunt Sonya is small framed about 5 ft tall and 100 pounds. She had green eyes and blond hair and her nationality is Swedish. Her hair is half way down her back and is all one length, front and back, no bangs. She is not a girly girl but more of a tom boy. She likes to party, but when she is sober she is a very timid woman with a low self esteem. I just want to know where she is whether that be dead or alive so our family can properly say goodbye to her. Her mom has passed away in 1995 and my mom, her sister, has also passed away in 2010.  So if she is alive somewhere she would want to know about the passing of her mother and sister. I am currently seeking out any Jane Doe's found  anywhere in B.C. the last 20 years.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:05:56 PM by debbiec »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: Looking for my Aunt Sonya Töllikkö
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »
Nay do you know, was there ever a missing person filed on her, if not then perhaps you could file one, as the police could tracker by her social security number, even if she was on welfare, worth a try.  I have a feeling your feeling what I am feeling,, that something may have happened to her in regard to that boyfriend.

NayNay1972

• View Profile
Re: Looking for my Aunt Sonya Töllikkö
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:20 AM »
Thank u I will do that. I was really hoping someone might recognize her picture first. And yes I agree with you on what you say. I feel the same way.