Author Topic: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle Knight - Rescued - Cleveland, Ohio  (Read 6266 times)

SAP

These poor ladies must have had to endure a lot in all these years. Update at link.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/07/us-usa-missing-ohio-idUSBRE94600620130507
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:21:09 PM by debbiec »

art-hu

• View Profile
What an amazing outcome for these young girls after 10 yrs.!
Very brave of Amanda to take the chance and call out for help. Really great news.! ;D

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/06/missing-women-amanda-berry-gina-dejesus-found.html

SAP

I so agree Jobo! This is the man who deserves all the credit:
eta: Also Angel Cordero.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/watercooler/charles-ramsey-cleveland-man-who-helped-amanda-berry-others-escape-becomes-internet-sensation

If he had not gone and helped, and just called for help, God only knows how much longer this would have gone on.

jobo

• View Profile
We had to laugh at Ramsey......"I was just sitting there eating my McDonalds"......
and......"He just seemed like a normal guy....until today".

I too, am glad he cared enough to get involved.  Let's hope these females can heal.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
This story continues to grow as more information is released. Perhaps it should have it's own thread?

Prosecutor to seek murder charges against accused Ohio kidnapperhttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/cleveland-captive-tells-police-she-took-first-chance-000104440.html

SAP

It's just maddening how close police were to saving the girls and didn't do their jobs.!! These poor women will need a lot of help getting back to normal. 10 years lost to the hands of a maniac.They need the DP.

Have faith

• View Profile
Thanks lostlinganer for this update.  Ariel Castro used the usual pervert's line of defense-- that his victims had sex with him willingly. He has the gall to say that the women lived a happy life with him.

This man is a monster, who blames everyone else for his actions, including his victims. I don't understand why the prosecutors felt that they had to make a deal with this devil.

The only thing that counts now, is that his brave victims can overcome what they lived through.

Marcusdog

• View Profile
Re: Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle Knight - Rescued - Cleveland, Ohio
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 08:24:33 PM »
Now that Castro is dead having taken his own life in prison perhaps these women can move on to a better life. Cleveland is a real hell hole and nothing surprises me that happens in Cleveland. I wonder what Berry will tell her daughter about her father? This will be a tough one to explain to a child.

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Where's the link to that news, wow, he wouldn't have survived in there very long anyway.

SAP

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:51 PM »
I thought he was in isolation cell in the prison. Well the following couldn't have happened to a better person imo. I think only now can these ladies start a step forward in healing and it will be a long and slow process I'm sure. My hearts go out to them and their families. May they finally feel some peace.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ariel-castro-dead-20130903,0,3067452.story

tvdocwatchr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 07:00:55 AM »
I think the City of Cleveland should build a monument to these three women, as a testament to their survival, their courage, and their sacrifice.  Just like the statues of soldiers that they place in civic areas to honour their sacrifice in war.

Put the monument in front of the Cleveland police station, as a reminder to the officers, the detectives, and the police chief, to never stop looking for the victims of these monsters, and to never give up trying to bring them to justice.

Marcusdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »
Was reading a few days ago that the dispatcher who took Berry's call just after she had escaped was disciplined for not staying on the line with her until help arrived. Once he dispatched a patrol car to her he cut off the call. Castro could have come back at any time and would have taken her back to his house probably. The dispatchers are instructed to stay on the line until the patrol car is on the scene.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 01:55:49 AM »
Fridg any chance you have alink to that ?