Author Topic: Lorraine Roach - 58 - Missing - May 11, 2013 - Peterborough, ON  (Read 43016 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Search resumes for Lorraine Roach 58-year-old woman missing since May 11http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/1621919--search-resumes-for-lorraine-roach

click to enlarge picture

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Lorraine Roach - 58 - Missing - May 11, 2013 - Peterborough, ON
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
This information was sent in to the site. I'm not familiar with all the different areas of Ontario, so not sure if I have posted it in the correct spot. Perhaps someone from the area would know?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:25:23 PM »
Yes, Lorraine is missing and her van has been found in that area around Peterborough.  Lily Lake Rd is rural area just north of the city of Peterborough...many people would/could use it to drive into the city of Peterborough from the rural areas.

I wonder what was happening for Lorraine to leave her home at 1:30 in the morning.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »
 This is a very sad development considering the details.  I hope that Lorraine is found safe, and that her family and friends can stay strong during this horrible time.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 06:10:10 PM »
I to wonder what would make her leave her home at that hour of the morning , and to drive to where the van was found?  Pray she is safe.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »
Something doesnt seem right about this to me, she up and leaves at 1:30 in the morning and doent say where she was going?   Wonder what caused her to leave at that hour of the night?
The family or husband wait three days to report her missing?  That makes me wonder why? why the wait?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 06:34:23 PM »
Reasons a person would leave the house at 1:30 in the morning:

- Someone called and needed her help.
- She was online and someone wanted to meet up with her.
- She got in a fight and left the house to get fresh air.
- She was taken from the house.
- She frequently leaves the house at night.
- She got called into work.
- She had planned on leaving and night would be best, she determined.
- To check up on a another person

Why the wait:

- They really weren't in a hurry to report, because she has done this before.
- They knew she was mad and she would need a day or two to cool down.
- They didn't care.
- They suspect the reason she left could take her a few days.
- It was not unusual for her to leave and come back a few days later.
- They didn't notice she was gone.
- They needed time.
- Make time on someone's side.

What would they need to check to rule out or confirm any of the above:

- Phone records - who did she talk to, when, why. Ping activity.
- Co-workers - was she having problems at home?
- Online records - who did she talk to last, what did she say, when did she post last, what did she post, has she logged in since, was she playing a game with anyone, did she have online friends she would want to see/visit.
- Bank - when were her accounts last accessed, where, why, and any unusual activity. Buy any tickets lately?
- Does she have her identification with her? Her purse? Her passport?
- Did she owe anyone? Did anyone owe her?
- Who were her friends/family, when did she last contact them, why and anything unusual?
- What was her relationship like with those within the house lately?
- Any new information on her health status? Any conditions that would make someone leave and not be able or willing to come back?

Which can be ruled out, and which make more sense.

Why would the authorities not be on it still, what would make them wait for new leads.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 05:32:19 AM »
I am surprised the authorities scaled back their search of the area where her van was found....but maybe they want to do more "interviewing". 
I tried to add the google map of the area, but it won't work for me.  The area of Atkinson Rd and Lily Lake Rd (just north of the city of Peterborough) is heavily treed with a river/stream running through it.

At the beginning of the news article I posted, the daughter is saying Lorraine has never disappeared before....and for the woman to walk out at 1:30 a.m. without saying where or what she was doing, just doesn't sit well with me, either.  Why wouldn't she tell her husband if her reason for leaving was a legit one?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »
http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/1625723--volunteer-search-party-set-up-sunday-for-lorraine-roach

Jun 08, 2013 - 5:25 PM
Volunteer search party set up Sunday for Lorraine Roach
Selwyn woman has been missing since May 11

(PETERBOROUGH) A group of citizens has set up a volunteer search party for Lorraine Roach, who has been missing since May 11.
 The event begins Sunday, June 9 at 11 a.m. at Ackison Rd (between Lily Lake and Parkhill Road) at the Trans Canada Trail. Police searched the area for several days but organizers hope that fresh eyes will turn up new evidence related to her van being found there shortly after she disappeared.
 "Bring anything you feel would be helpful such as: maps, boots, waders, flashlights, snacks, Canoe, Boat, Walking sticks, lots of bug spray!" says the message on the Facebook page about the search party.
 If they don't cover the whole area, they will begin again next Saturday, June 15, at 11a.m. 
 To find out more and to say you are coming and what searching aids you are able to bring, go to the event's Facebook page.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 07:31:04 PM »
How can the Le just stop searching, this woman needs to be found

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 09:57:54 PM »
One of many points Concerned made partial quote

Why the wait:

- They really weren't in a hurry to report, because she has done this before.
- They knew she was mad and she would need a day or two to cool down.
- They didn't care.
- They suspect the reason she left could take her a few days.
- It was not unusual for her to leave and come back a few days later.
- They didn't notice she was gone.
- They needed time.
- Make time on someone's side.
Unquote.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
All of the above could well apply to her missing.

My first question is also;

Why wait three days to report her missing?  Or did the police not take a missing persons report until 3 days have passed?

How soon did the family notice, on their own that Lorraine was missing.?

Who reported her missing?  Her husband or another family member living in her home?

Did she have an argument at home - and have to leave it, to take a breather?

Does she have a cell phone? and if so,  is it with her?

It is going on one month since her disappearance, and yet her family says that this has not happened before.

Was her car found in good repair?

Any signs of something untoward in her car?

Where her car was found, was she familiar with that area?

Was her car found close to water??  Did Lorraine show signs of depression?

Oh my gosh, so many questions.
JB

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:01:19 AM by jellybean »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 06:23:29 AM »
Another question to add to yours, jellybean:   When her vehicle was found was the driver's seat in position for a five foot four inch female driver??  Or....was it moved back for a larger driver?

Lily Lake Rd. is just on the outskirts of Peterborough.....the old railway trail (now the TransCanada trail) is there.  (I cannot link the map to here, haven't figured out how to do it)   
I am seeing a huge complex that google is saying is a Solar Farm.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
It doesn't sound good, the husband being the last one to see her. Also, if she had a bad temper, things may have escalated and something violent occurred. Why would her van be found and she wasn't??? It sounds kind of suspicious. And having the seat checked for distance from the dash, certainly would be a good thing to do. But if this wasn't done, only the person that drove it from the site could vouch for what they did when they got behind the wheel. It doesn't sound good that this lady is safe, she could be anywhere in this area.  :o :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 08:15:28 PM »
Other questions re - the car  - good one about the car seat placement Jobo. 

If she left around 1:30 am she would have had her car lights on.  Was her car found with the lights turned on (the switch in the on position)  if so - should the battery have died, when the battery is re-charged, what time did it say on the car clock? 

And how long would it take for the battery (approx.) to die out? Subtract that amount and it will give a small time-line as to when the car was abandoned.   That is to say, if the car lights were found left on etc. etc.

Where her car was found - did another person leave her home and follow her in their car?  Did neighbours see anything re headlights back outing of the driveway?  Did neighbours hear arguing, fighting, doors slamming?

Have the police ever been called there for a domestic matter?

Where is Lorraine??

JB