Author Topic: Laura Babcock-Missing June 2012  (Read 49269 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Laura Babcock-Missing June 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 08:23:29 PM »
"But police never interviewed Millard in connection to Laura's disappearance, the Babcocks said."

Unbelievable, just unbelievable. How can the life of a missing young woman be so overlooked that the police didn't even bother to interview the last man she was in frequent contact with before she disappeared?

If it weren't for her friend who did investigate, no-one might have thought to connect the dots to Millard.

I think most people automatically "view" popular wealthy people as "above suspicion".  Nobody likes to question people "of status" in communities.  It is not a popular thing to do, and "the wanna be" trait is in the average person ... especially those in public service (where politics are important)  ...head in the sand when it comes to people like DM. 

Head in the sand works for most people.  That is why Russell Williams had such a long successful reign.  ...money plus status equals above the law ...imo!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
Apparently, it was Laura's ex boyfriend who had her cell-phone records which did show that she made a number of calls to Dellen before she disappeared.  He claimed that he went to the police with this information, and he reported her missing as well.
He never claimed that Laura was living with him when she disappeared.
She must have been at one time ---- as he had her cell phone records.

By all appearances, he seems to be a concerned ex - however, I would hope that the police will now interview him regarding her disappearance as well as Dellen.

jb

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

SAP

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »
Apparently, it was Laura's ex boyfriend who had her cell-phone records which did show that she made a number of calls to Dellen before she disappeared.  He claimed that he went to the police with this information, and he reported her missing as well.
He never claimed that Laura was living with him when she disappeared.
She must have been at one time ---- as he had her cell phone records.

By all appearances, he seems to be a concerned ex - however, I would hope that the police will now interview him regarding her disappearance as well as Dellen.

jb

In an earlier article he claims he became concerned when he could not get in touch with her and he went to her family, who were able to produce the cell phone records as her mail was going to her parents place yet.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »
please don't think I am bashing Laura's ex- seemingly concerned boyfriend, because I'm not.  I am just a little slow comprehending in my old age, so sometimes I end up repeating questions before I finally get tuned in to a logical answer.

In an earlier article he claims he became concerned when he could not get in touch with her and he went to her family, who were able to produce the cell phone records as her mail was going to her parents place yet.

..again I'm a little puzzled:  If he became concerned when he couldn't get in touch with her.... then ended up being given her phone records by family - all this on both parties well meant in context...  But what puzzles me is When?  Does this mean he got concerned about not hearing from her in a year ago? - or two weeks ago when Dellen hit the news?   ...or he got concerned a year ago when he couldn't reach her anymore? ..... I mean was it two weeks ago or a year ago, that the Babcocks gave him this phone record to ponder.  If it was a year ago, did he go to the police then and bring the phone bill to light.  Another thing that gets me is:  Did police investigate her phone records last year?  If they didn't, they must be some stupid!

SAP

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 11:15:27 PM »
Very first article Page one:

I could be wrong but I thought he did his search last year and then when the news broke on Dellen arrested, he went to 680 news to get his story out b/c police had blown him off.

That conversation I thought happened last year b/c he couldn't have called Dellen in jail when he found out Dellen was incarcerated as Dellen has visitation limitations.

After Millard had been connected to the Bosma murder investigation, Lerner said the police have started to take the missing person case seriously.

And yes now police are taking the missing case seriously.

I hope this helps. I just keep wondering why family didn't pursue Laura missing when Lerner was hitting a brick wall with police.

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »
I now believe Tim Bosma did not die in Vain he saved many lives because his case had so much media attention.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/28/tim_bosma_toronto_police_homicide_unit_execute_search_warrant_at_suspect_dellen_millards_farm.html

Dellen Millard fits a serial killer bill all the way. And when you have that much money you can buy anything - maybe he needed to feel more like god. He was no longer satisfied with adrenaline activities that could be paid for.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »
Something about this case confuses me. Why would people show up at a house, be seen looking at the truck by those within the house, leave with the truck owner and intend on killing him. Especially when others saw the people that came to look at the truck and saw the vehicles they drove off in. And, wouldn't it seem odd that if someone was taking a truck on a test drive that the people in the other vehicle took off when the truck did.

Also, perhaps it is a good practice to take license numbers down, leave a note at home. And, perhaps not go on the test drive with those looking at the car.

I just find it odd that they were so visible to others if they intended on killing him. Did they expect to return to the house? It doesn't add up for me.

SAP

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
It is odd and bizarre Concerned. I have found myself waffling also. Maybe the thrill has advanced b/c some think they can get away with anything. 

Here's a link: Police looking back at the farm for Laura.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/story/2013/05/28/cambridge-millard-bosma-toronto-homicide.html

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
Thanks Sap

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »
That is a strange article to read SAP...the one you linked in Reply #24.  Have to really wonder what the story was regarding the "quantity of blood" that Mr B. saw when he came aboard to fix the yacht......he said it was believable.  I wonder if he saw bandages on either Dell or his female companion....he didn't elaborate. 

Logical

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 06:59:45 PM »
Unless a misprint the article stated in 2011 that he chartered the boat, LB went missing 2012?

Logical

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 10:14:53 PM »
Could be another missing woman from 2011 is also linked to Millard that we don't yet know about. There can be no logical reason for a large quantity of blood on a boat that I can think of. If someone were injured they would staunch the wound and if it were that serious they would need medical attention.

SAP

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
According to Mr. Blodgett, Mr. Millard left port with a young woman, at some point bringing her back to Little Current, only to have another woman accompany him for the remainder of the cruise. During the charter, Mr. Blodgett received a call for assistance from Mr. Millard due to a mechanical failure while at anchor.

When Mr. Blodgett came aboard to fix the problem, he noted a quantity of blood around the boat, which he questioned. Receiving a satisfactory answer, Mr. Blodgett fixed the problem and departed back for Little Current. During his visit, the woman was not in sight. While tales of the encounter have grown and morphed into tales of a blood soaked boat and a missing woman, the proprietor said this is not the case, nor can he claim that the second woman on the boat did not return with Mr. Millard, as he did not see his client depart from the boat upon its return to Little Current.

Following his contact with police, members of the OPP attended the scene, conducted numerous interviews with Mr. Blodgett and have performed forensic testing on the vessel used by Mr. Millard. Police were also told at what anchorage the breakdown occurred.