Author Topic: Laura Babcock-Missing June 2012  (Read 49291 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Laura Babcock-Missing June 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »
This is tragic and although the Toronto police sometimes do a good job in solving crimes it's not looking good for them that they ignored Laura's disappearance as well as that of another young murdered Toronto woman in recent years.

It seems that if a direct family member is not the one reporting the disappearance, police are very skeptical at times. These days young people are closer to their friends on a daily basis when they live in big cities away from family and police need to take the friend's reports very seriously when someone drops out of contact suddenly and goes missing mysteriously. How does the timing of the purchase of Millard's incinerator coincide with Laura's disappearance? I wonder if she was one of his first victims last summer, followed by possible others including his father in December (who he did not actually incinerate but may have shot in the eye).

SAP

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:53:12 AM »
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

Laura's phone record. Her last call to Dellen was July 3rd/12 and that was the last call that was made from her cell.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:50:36 AM by SAP »

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
hmmm last call she ever made was July 3 and when was it Dell bought the incinerator?  That sure has me thinking of the purpose for the incinerator

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
I was trying to remember exactly when the incinerator was purchased, I do recall reading that it was last summer...just don't remember the month.

Okay, I went back and checked on the other thread for Tim....and on Reply#124.....it says the incinerator was bought in July 2012.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:58:22 PM by jobo »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
So just after Laura disappeared, and just after the final calls on her phone (of which there were several to Dellen) Dellen Millard purchased this incinerator. 

I think when Wayne Millard (God rest his good soul) was cremated, and any indication of murder was destroyed for good, Dellen Millard saw "big potential" for using "cremation" to get away with getting rid of anyone who  "needed getting rid of" imo!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
I think when Wayne Millard (God rest his good soul) was cremated, and any indication of murder was destroyed for good, Dellen Millard saw "big potential" for using "cremation" to get away with getting rid of anyone who  "needed getting rid of" imo!
[/quote

That is a very good possibility Lost - that is for sure. Perhaps that is why he purchased it. I
It was stated in one article that it would be used for dead farm- animal carcasses. But I don't believe he had any livestock on that "farm".
jb

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
So much information related to Dellen Millard, unbelievable. This guy is in custody and let's hope he stays there. A great deal of investigation has to go on here, I believe this guy is a serial killer. And the fact that Laura made her last call to Millard, is very suspect. And I say the police should turn every leaf over to get to the bottom of Laura's disappearance. :'( :'( :'( :'(

SAP

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »
Eleven months after the fact, police are now investigating Laura's missing. Postposting this link LG left in Tim's thread:

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/.

That was just negligence that police considered Laura's missing 11 months ago as depression and runaway.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
My thoughts exactly. How can someone's cell phone suddenly going dead, going out of touch with family and friends and not using their bank account be considered not suspicious? Seems you have to come up with the murderer first before the police will connect the dots. Did the police actually interview Dellen Millard last summer as the last person to have received calls from Laura's cell phone? If only they had put him under surveillance then and there, at least one or more men's lives could have been saved!

SAP

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:48:28 AM by SAP »

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »
Oh my :( and it continues :(

SAP

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2882411-bosma-case-mom-remembers-dellen-millard-picking-up-daughter/

Bosma case: Mom remembers Dellen Millard picking up daughter

Shawn Lerner
Liam Casey,Torstar News Service
Shawn Lerner, ex boyfriend of Laura Babcock, who went missing last June. Her last phone call was to Dellen Millard, who is accused of murdering Tim Bosma.nextplay/pausepre2/2
ByJennifer Pagliaro and Liam Casey
The last sign of life was a shaggy, white dog.

Tim Bosma case
Clayton and Linda Babcock arrived home last June to find their daughter's two-year-old Maltese, Lacey, had been dropped off without warning.

Laura Babcock, 23, was last seen in Toronto on June 26. She hasn't been heard from in almost a year.

Her last call, according to phone records, was to Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old Etobicoke man charged with the murder of Tim Bosma.

Toronto police are now investigating Babcock's disappearance in connection to Millard, something his lawyer dismissed as "speculation."

"I would almost think the dog has kept us sane," her father said inside the family's Toronto home. "Laura wanted to be a free spirit."

After graduating from high school with honours and earning a degree in English and drama from the University of Toronto, the "social butterfly" became restless under her parents' roof.

She was crashing at friends' houses, hanging out with girls she met through her sorority, the Babcocks said. She would float in and out of the family home. But then she missed Christmas, and her birthday in February.

But police never interviewed Millard in connection to Laura's disappearance, the Babcocks said. After the detective assigned to her file was reassigned, they weren't sure what had happened to the case.

"All this information was in their hands," her tearful mother said. "We don't know anything more than we've known since the beginning."

Shawn Lerner, Laura's ex-boyfriend, last saw her when she called looking for a place to stay. Lerner put her up at a hotel in the Queen Street and Roncesvalles Avenue area of Toronto and took her out for dinner. He wouldn't hear from her again.

"It's so uncharacteristic of her," Lerner said. "For her to just escape and hide somewhere and not tell anyone, it just doesn't make sense."

Lerner said Babcock was bubbly, a kid at heart who worked in a toy store and loved board games.

Standing in her front hall, Linda Babcock remained hopeful the renewed attention to the case will help bring her daughter home.

"They have to find her now."

As police probe Laura Babcock's disappearance, they appear to be wrapping up the extensive ground search that followed the discovery of Bosma's charred body.

Police confirmed for the first time on Tuesday his remains were found at the sprawling Waterloo farm purchased by Millard in May 2011.

At the rolling, grassy property partly covered in dense woods, a search was concluded on Tuesday, Hamilton police Constable Debbie McGreal confirmed.

Despite earlier reports, police would not confirm additional remains had been found at the farm over the weekend.

A spokesperson for the coroner's office confirmed Bosma's body had not been released as of Tuesday afternoon.

Torstar News

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 09:43:55 PM »
Laura Babcock, 23, went missing in June 2012. Police now say they are investigating her disappearance in connection to 27-year-old Dellen Millard, accused in the death of Ancaster man Tim Bosma.

click to enlarge picture

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
"But police never interviewed Millard in connection to Laura's disappearance, the Babcocks said."

Unbelievable, just unbelievable. How can the life of a missing young woman be so overlooked that the police didn't even bother to interview the last man she was in frequent contact with before she disappeared?

If it weren't for her friend who did investigate, no-one might have thought to connect the dots to Millard.