Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Tim Bosma - 32 - Missing - May 06, 2013 - Hamilton, ON - Murdered  (Read 45718 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Bosma - 32 - Missing - May 06, 2013 - Hamilton, ON - Murdered
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
***When making statements that appear to be facts please include a link.

Also please do not post any other missing person's cases on this thread. This thread is only for information in regard to the disappearance and murder of Tim Bosma. Newspaper articles, etc for other missing person's cases should be posted on the appropriate thread. If there isn't an existing thread, feel free to start one.

Thanks,
Debbie

elsie

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
A very very sad case.

2008 - ad from Millard Air to sell an airplane lists the company business type as "exporters".
Exporting what?
Also there is information online regarding the contact person.

http://www.tradekey.com/company/Millardair-1752537.html#

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2013, 08:54:41 AM »
I was responding to an earlier post and link to a missing women who know the accused. The police did say something about this could be a thrill Kill. I have posted on other cases and never received a reply like this one.

Hi Ginger,

My post wasn't in regard to anything you'd written.

Thanks,
Debbie

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
With the latest news of Tim's murderer being linked to a missing woman he dated named Laura, I can't help but wonder how his lawyer is going to talk him out of that one! A nice guy who happens to be directly linked to a murdered man, a father who died of shot-gun wound and a girlfriend that disappeared that TO police couldn't be bothered to look for. All of that in less than one year.

I can't believe this kind of stuff is happening in Canada. And the biggest election issues these days are the environment and the economy?

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/16/police-seize-large-incinerator-from-property-of-suspect-in-tim-bosmas-murder/

Investigators have discovered a large industrial incinerator on the property of the man accused of Tim Bosma’s murder, fuelling speculation of a gruesome end for the Ancaster father.

Staff-Sgt. Matt Kavanagh, lead homicide investigator in the Tim Bosma case, would not confirm whether or not the machine was involved in Mr. Bosma’s death or in the disposal of Mr. Bosma’s remains.

Police have seized the incinerator from the property of Dellen Millard, charged with first-degree murder in the death of Mr. Bosma.

The report of further bodies is totally untrue at this time
Despite suggestions the volume of charred material recovered exceeded what would be expected from a man of Mr. Bosma’s size, there is no evidence of additional victims, police said.

“The report of further bodies is totally untrue at this time,” Staff-Sgt. Kavanagh told the National Post.

It is not known if the remains might be from farm animals from the large rural property in Ayr, west of Hamilton.

Mr. Bosma disappeared from his Ancaster home on May 6 when accompanying two men on a test drive of a truck he advertised for sale.

Mr. Millard’s lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, said he has not been informed of any new developments in the case and was unable to comment on them.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
Tim Bosma murder makes police reconsider old investigations tied to suspect

By Matthew Coutts
National Affairs Reporter

The ongoing investigation into the death of Ontario father Tim Bosma and the man who has been charged with his murder has led investigators down several dark paths in recent days.

The announcement that Dellen Millard has been charged with first-degree murder in Bosma's death has led police to reconsider two other cases – one involving a missing woman who is said to have been last in contact with the young pilot, and the apparent suicide of Millard's own father.

CTV News reports that police are investigating a link between Millard and a 23-year-old woman who went missing last July.

Laura Babcock was last seen in Toronto last summer. Her former boyfriend told the network she was last known to be in the company of Millard and her phone records showed she had called him 13 times between June 30 and July 3, when the phone suddenly stopped being used.

[ Related: Tim Bosma public memorial Wednesday in Hamilton, Ont. ]

Toronto police told CTV Toronto's Tamara Cherry that nothing had seemed suspicious about Babcock's disappearance until Millard was named as a suspect in Bosma's death last week.

Babcock still hasn't been found. And perhaps as troubling is a report that investigators are also taking a second look into the apparent suicide of Millard's father.

Toronto police have told the Toronto Sun that they are reviewing the death of Wayne Millard. It is currently believed that Wayne Millard committed suicide in his Etobicoke home last year.

The Sun reports that investigators concluded he died of a gunshot wound to the eye last November. It was considered a suicide but the case was never officially closed.

Millard inherited his family's aviation company after the death. His property includes a hangar at the Waterloo Regional Airport and a farmhouse, both of which were searched as part of the Bosma murder investigation.

[ More Brew: Dellen Millard’s property wrapped in Bosma investigation ]

Bosma disappeared on the evening of May 6, when he left his family's Ancaster, Ont., home on a test drive with two men who said they wanted to buy his truck.

His body was discovered a week later burned beyond recognition on property belonging to Millard. Investigators are searching for at least two other suspects in the murder – a suspect who took the test drive with Bosma and at least one other person believed to have followed the truck in another vehicle.

Millard's lawyer has said his client will plead not guilty of first-degree murder and that the full story has not come out.

Meantime, the investigation into Bosma's death continues. The Canadian Press reports that police have seized an incinerator found on Millard's property. At last count, police were investigating whether the incinerator had been used in Bosma's death, or possibly after it.

A source told the Toronto Star that Bosma was killed inside his truck on the night he disappeared. The source suggested to the Star that it may have been a so-called thrill kill.

“I don’t know the motive for this,” Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh told the newspaper. “I don’t even know what thrill kill means. It’s not been discussed.”

While Millard has not been formally connected to either of the re-opened investigations, the incidents paint a troubling landscape on which the Bosma investigation is playing out.

There is more to the story the public has yet to hear.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/investigators-reconsidering-two-investigations-tied-tim-bosma-murder-160223445.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
I can't understand why the other parties have not been identified that were accomplices of Millard??? Obviously somebody knows who he was  hanging out with. And also why wouldn't any of their families report them missing, unless they were loners or had said they were going on vacation or something. So many days gone by and no ID's. I'm beginning to wonder also, if those who assist Millard have come to some harm also. Of course, the police cannot give us their total cards they are holding, because it could interfere with their investigation. Scary details every time we hear something. And yes, the country should be doing more to solve crimes of missing people and the many murders in this country. This time the police did their job related to Mr. Bosma. But if they had traced Laura's disappearance, they may have found some evidence of what happened to her. We can only wait and see, very scary. :o :o :o :o :o :o

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »
Cape I would suppose the other partys are not identifyed since Dell is not talking and the police have nothing but a description that is vague to go one.  He had many friends he hung out with so they cant just arrest all of them they are working on figuring out who the other partys involved are I believe JMO of course.

pennygurl

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 05:15:05 PM »
Just watched this on CTV News, quite interesting that Dellen is taking photos of the plane with SG girl back in 2005 I believe they said.  They also mentioned the shotgun in Wayne's home.  Although hard to understand a shotgun being there since he is an animal advocate.  Has the boyfriend of missing girl from TO on as well.
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/more-questions-about-dellen-millard-emerge-as-police-investigate-1.1287627
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:19:05 PM by pennygurl »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
I don't mean to repeat my thoughts in a nagging manner, but as I expressed before - was it Tim Bosma that was targeted or his truck? 
IMO it was the truck.  I say this because Millard also "sized up" a similar truck prior to this.  I doubt very much the size/stature of the owner of the previous truck, is what saved him from being killed and his truck taken.  I think there's more to it than that.  I think Millard had to find "that particular truck" ... that there was something about it of grave importance.  Maybe it was "the year of the truck"... that particular make, model, color etc. could have been needed for something.... for instance:  to be used for conspiracy purpose such as "being able to put two exact trucks in two different places at the same time, for some extremely important scenario to "play out".... I know.. that is far fetched.  My other theory is that Tim Bosma's truck had something placed in it at some point, to be picked up later..... again, I know! ...far fetched theory!  but consider this:

Records show Millard bought the two-bedroom, two-bathroom 37th floor unit for about $627,000 in cash on May 7 around 2:30 p.m. Bosma had gone missing the night before around 9:30 p.m.
http://www.680news.com/2013/05/18/update-police-have-completed-forensic-analysis-of-two-locations-in-the-tim-bosma-case/

...just too much coincidence imo that Dellen Millard had that much cash on hand the next day.  I doubt poor Tim was worth that kind of cash to anyone... unless Tim's death would give somebody millions in insurance $$... (making him worth putting a contract hit on?) and we all know that is highly unlikely. 

So it seems quite the co-incidence that this truck theft was immediately followed by that large expenditure by Dellen Millard... I mean I know he was rich, but after the "world-wind actions" he was up to the week prior, this seems like a strange "shopping spree" the day after he kidnapped Tim. 

..... BTW, I also entertain the theory that Millard and his friends actually had to collect a small fleet of these trucks for some "big purpose" elsewhere.  After all, he had contacts on the national level, as was extremely ambitious and open to extreme pursuits by all understanding of his lifestyle.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
I am thinking answering adds from stranger is a great way to find a target with out a tye to you is your smart especially with a bogus phone, but criminals make dumb mistakes.  Lost I am thinking he still had the truck when arrested so he had not disposed of it to get enough money for the condo , besides he completed the deal the next day but surly it had been viewed and started prior to that since he already owned one condo in the same building. 

Sad to say I think it was a thrill kill and something set that off, did her perhaps kill the girl last summer and liked the feeling, did he perhaps kill his own father and liked the feeling, did he get off on killing period.  That is the way my mind is going .  Cause if he wanted that exact truck all he had to do was buy it and he would have it , no need to kill Tim really if it is just the truck.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
If there was something "planted in that truck" or that truck was needed by other buyer/s for some reason, he may have been paid immediately ... then when he was discovered for the kidnapping, it was too hot to collect the truck.... just my crazy thoughts EWO  ;)... conspiracy possibilities always on my mind.  That doesn't mean that is what happened, but still possible.  When dealing with the likes of this guy, one would not be out of line "thinking big conspiracy" imho!

pennygurl

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »
My position is the boy is not as humble and good natured as everyone thinks.  His bizarre behavior is documented back to 2005 which puts him in his early 20's.  By the way does anyone know if a divorce took place between Dell's parents?  Just a thought...as I read in one paper not sure which one that he had not had contact with his mother in a decade.  Seems odd that he would all of a sudden park a trailer up against her garage.  Does anyone have insight.  I live not far from these areas of investigation and it bewilders me to think this is happening in my own backyard.  A horrific act by another human being.  Tragic.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »
penny you heard it from me in my post earlier.  Wayne and Madeleine were divorce, Dell lived with madelaine until late teens.  Madeleine has been remarried for many many years.   Dell after going to live with his dad did not come around Madeleines a lot

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
"He's never had a brush with law, never been to jail," Paradkhar added.

Sounds like he should have had a brush or two with the law earlier and if so then Tim Bosma would still be alive.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here