Author Topic: Human remains found in Riverview  (Read 5367 times)

Amythest

• View Profile
Human remains found in Riverview
« on: April 20, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
Wonder who this is?? I hope it gives a family somewhere some closure.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2013/04/20/nb-human-remains-riverview.html

CBC News
Posted: Apr 20, 2013 5:13 PM AT
Last Updated: Apr 20, 2013 7:22 PM AT

Two hikers found human remains in a wooded area near Gunningsville Boulevard in Riverview, N.B. on Saturday afternoon.

There are few details, but Codiac RCMP said they were found about one kilometre from Coverdale Road.

Police are now trying to identify the remains and the cause of death. A forensic anthropologist is helping with the investigation

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Human remains found in Riverview
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:07:52 AM »
Isn't there a student still missing since around Christmas time, I believe. I don't remember his name, he was a Native college student and I don't think he was ever found. Also there are several people missing in N.B., it is hard to know. Unless it is someone that hasn't already been reported missing. :o :o :o :o

SAP

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:43:24 AM »
Cristopher Metallic went missing in Sackville ... around 30 miles from this Riverview site. Could he have walked that far without proper winter shoes?

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »

Thanks Amythest for bringing this to the attention of this site.

SAP - you may be right, re: Christopher?. Time will tell.... His parents must be beside themselves waiting for word one way or the other. We also have Scott Taylor missing from Rothsay, NB. However there is quite a distance between the two towns, 145 kms. (so doubtful if it is Scott.) -- and again, it may not be either of them.  Gosh, there are so many people missing in NB.  I can't believe it!!

JB
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:31:37 PM by jellybean »

SAP

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 03:01:35 PM »
I was just asking more or less b/c Capeheart mentioned the University student and I noted that the distances seemed too great to be Metallic.
This could be anyone of a large number of disappearances in the province. 

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile

Trouble445

• Worse than ignorance...... is indifference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 05:48:31 AM »
Humain remains identified, Riverview, N.B.

2013/4/25

Codiac Regional RCMP has been able to confirm that human remains found on April 20, 2013, in a wooded area in Riverview, were that of a Halifax man reported missing in August 2007.

The skeletal remains found in a wooded area next to Gunningsville Boulevard are those of Emmett Price who was 18 years old when he was reported missing. Identification was made with the help of dental records.

The cause of death has not yet been determined and is still under investigation. The evidence so far does not point to foul play. Investigators are attempting to determine how long the remains may have been in the woods and are asking for the public's assistance.

Codiac Regional RCMP is releasing a photo of Emmett Price and is asking anyone with information or who may have seen or spoken to Price around the time he was reported missing to contact Codiac Regional RCMP at 506-857-2400 or Crime Stoppers at www.crimenb.ca or 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/releases-communiques/13-04-25-082056-eng.htm

Photo: Emmett Price