Author Topic: BOSTON MARATHON TERRORIST ATTACK/APR 15 2013  (Read 7058 times)

SAP

Re: BOSTON MARATHON TERRORIST ATTACK/APR 15 2013
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 09:15:17 AM »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »
Their aunt, who claimes to have filled out their refugee status forms for the two, is living in Canada.
She claims to be a lawyer, and appeared to be quite beligerent when interviewed.  Only too happy to be in the spotlight. Be it ever so small, due to her, some will say - well, there is ANOTHER Canadian connection to terrorism.

The 19 year old by last reports may never be able to talk due to his injuries (shots to the back of his neck)
He remains in serious condition.
JB
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:52:22 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
This is a long read, but interesting for those who are interested in understanding the process.

What next for Boston bombing suspect?http://ca.news.yahoo.com/next-boston-bombing-suspect-021835222.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 09:17:25 AM »
In this case when arresting someone, I don't think that Miranda rights would be an issue. I mean if someone is under gunfire and all and they are getting the accused to the hospital, I don't think they have to give him Miranda rights until he is conscious and able to understand what is happening. If he crys no Miranda, I'm sure the prosecution can come up with a reason he was Miranded. He should be tried with the charge of terrorism, and the death penalty is on the menu. He deserves the death penalty, he should not be given anything less. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
I'm re-posting this information on the Miranda from an earlier post.

Below is information taken from the FBI website. It speaks of the one exception to the Miranda rule, which is the "public safety" exception.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/february2011/legal_digest

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
Just had the evening news on ABC and they announced that the father of the terrorist that is deceased will not be coming to the US.  Also there was a report of telephone calls that the mother had with one of her son's that were recorded at some point in time. Apparently these phone calls had some information and if the FBI had been notified of them earlier, they may have been able to do something. They did not find out about the phone calls until this week, after the bombing. :o :o :o  :o :o :o

SAP

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 08:59:57 PM »
I don't have a link as this info came from a friend who lives in the area. Perhaps she got it from a news article, I don't know. However there were also 2 dtrs living in New Jersey who did apologize to the victims and families and to America. One of the dtrs' computers was seized. The mother has been put on the FBI wanted for terrorism list. She also faces theft charges if she would return to USA which is minimal compared being on the terrorist list. All these people were living on public funds and Tamerlan as late as 2012 was still on American public funds at age 25. They hated America but sucked on the public funds while many of America's own are living in the streets eating garbage.
Now that the father is not coming, hmmm. Wonder if he is afraid of arrest too?