Author Topic: BOSTON MARATHON TERRORIST ATTACK/APR 15 2013  (Read 6868 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
BOSTON MARATHON TERRORIST ATTACK/APR 15 2013
« on: April 16, 2013, 03:19:27 PM »
I just started this thread to enable anyone to make any comments they wish related to the terrorist attack on the city of Boston and their Marathon. My hearts and prayers go out to everyone that was there that day. So many were lucky to escape serious injury, others lost their lives.  The police and EMR workers did an excellent job of getting those injured to hospitals in the area. Since this happened the police and firemen of the City of Boston had offered up a $50,000.00 reward for information leading to the person/persons who are responsible for this attack.  The FBI is highly involved and many police from other parts of Boston. I definitely feel that the person or persons who did this, they will be caught.

One of the things I thought about in this investigation and I'm just thinking about things they could look into.  The police said there were two pressure cookers involved to make the bombs and mentioned other materials. But it was the pressure cookers that got me.  They should be looking at any stores in the Boston area and surrounding areas that would have video and information related to anyone buying pressure cookers. I think that is a great lead and possibly something they are looking into immediately.  God bless those left behind with their grief on this senseless act of terrorism. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nish

• I can't get PTSD, I'm a carrier.
    • View Profile
Re: BOSTON MARATHON TERRORIST ATTACK/APR 15 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:31:46 PM »
To evil doers: the good people outnumber you, and we always will.

Props to the cops, medics, firefighters and bystanders who lent a hand to those unfortunate enough to be injured by this cowardly act.

Condolences to the lost.

Best wishes to the injured toward a speedy recovery in body and in spirit.

Nish

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:39:42 AM »
That is exactly what I said to my kids....the good people will always outnumber the bad. 

Where the hell do you buy pressure cookers now?  They were popular back when I was in high school in the '60's (I remember getting a lesson on how to use one in Home Ec).
So, I am thinking the same as you capeheart.....the pressure cookers might be a great lead....I would think they are not in all stores (although I have never looked).

Thinking of all those affected by this tragedy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:17:47 AM by jobo »

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 08:28:18 PM »
Photos and video of suspects released by police
            http://www.680news.com/2013/04/18/fbi-releases-photos-of-two-suspects-in-boston-marathon-bombing/

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
Apparently the suspects are brothers.

Boston Marathon bomber manhunt: One suspect dead, second on the runhttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-mit-shooting-explosion-suspect-watertown-064355149.html

SAP

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 11:37:55 AM »
Interesting. Videos on that link have some people interviewed who had dealings with at least one of the brothers prior to the bombing. One mechanic claims the teenager had brought in a Mercedes for a bumper replacement and then nervously demanded he have his car back without the repairs. The mechanic claimed the teen also wore approx 900. dollar shoes. Ok what teen can buy all that expensive stuff while going to University? Parents still in USSR. International students and friends of the teen driving Porsches. There has to be a whole lot of something else or someone else behind the bombings than just the two brothers. I am afraid, but I hope I am wrong, that this was just the beginning and possibly what they did was a distraction for something else being planned. (Having FBI and police busy in one area while the big scheme is being planned.) Perhaps I watch too much of Criminal Minds? What doesn't make sense ... why at a marathon? Most terrorists target government places.
I know they must have lived through hell while in Chechnya but so did their other relatives and they are very thankful to America.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »
They definitely had a plan to do this evil act. The police believe they are part of a group. I looked up on line about the store where they bought the pressure cooker. This is a very expensive store. I noted also that the page that had the pressure cookers on it, was not available. They would have had to have a lot of cash or whatever to buy such an item. What really got to me was today on one of the channels, an aunt of the brothers was very upset, saying where is the evidence, what evidence do they have. She is living in Toronto. They definitely have the right persons for this crime. My thoughts and prayers go to everyone involved in this attack on Boston. So many have been injured and others lost their lives in a senseless act of terrorism. Their parents do not live in this country, they went back to Russia, so they were on their own in Boston. Hopefully they will find the suspect today, before darkness comes in Boston. Maybe he was injured and died or he may have taken his own life. But it sure is a nightmare for the officers and all those involved, they must be exhausted.  My prayers go to those who are working so hard to find the suspect.  :( :( :( :( :( :o :o :o :o

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 01:01:01 PM »
Dzhokar Tsarnaev has so far managed to evade police. That being if he is still alive. Police believe that he may have explosives on his body, as did his brother (deceased) who had a bomb strapped to his chest.

click to enlarge

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 11:30:31 PM »
Boston Marathon bombing suspect caught after day-long manhuntAfter the capture of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, authorities said the investigation was still open. They were asked at a news conference on Friday night why authorities did not immediately read the suspect a warning usually given by police to criminal suspects in custody before they are interrogated so their statements can be admissible in court.

Massachusetts U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz said, "There is a public safety exception" that was applied to Tsarnaev regarding the warning known as Miranda rights

Earlier on Friday, officers went door-to-door in Watertown and searched houses. During the search for the men on Friday, two Black Hawk helicopters circled the area. SWAT teams moved through in formation.

The normally traffic-clogged streets of Boston were empty on Friday as the city went into lockdown during the manhunt. Public transportation had been suspended and air space restricted. Famous universities, including Harvard and MIT, closed after police ordered residents to remain at home.

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick lifted the "stay-in-place" order for Boston late on Friday afternoon.

'PUT A SHAME ON OUR FAMILY'

Some details emerged on Friday about the brothers, including their origins in the predominantly Muslim regions of Russia's Caucasus, which have experienced two decades of violence since the fall of the Soviet Union.

The younger brother described himself on a social network as a minority from a region that includes Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia.

A man who told reporters he was an uncle of the brothers said they came to the United States in the early 2000s and settled in the Cambridge, Massachusetts, area.

Ruslan Tsarni, who lives in suburban Washington and has not spoken to the brothers since 2009, said the bombings "put a shame on our family. It put a shame on the entire Chechen ethnicity.

In separate interviews, the parents of the Tsarnaev brothers said they believed their sons were incapable of carrying out the bombings. Others remembered the brothers as friendly and respectful youths who never stood out or caused alarm.

"Somebody clearly framed them. I don't know who exactly framed them, but they did. They framed them. And they were so cowardly that they shot the boy dead," father Anzor Tsarnaev said in an interview with Reuters in Dagestan's provincial capital, Makhachkala, clasping his head in despair.

The FBI said the twin blasts were caused by bombs in pressure cookers and carried in backpacks that were left near the marathon finish line as thousands of spectators gathered.

The mother, Zubeidat Tsaraeva, speaking in English, told CNN, "It's impossible, impossible, for both of them to do such things, so I am really, really, really telling that this is a setup."

The bombings elicited a response from Moscow condemning terrorism and from the Russian-installed leader of Chechnya, who criticized police in Boston for killing an ethnic Chechen and blamed the violence on his upbringing in the United States.

The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center, the biggest mosque in the area, said in a statement that it was shutting its doors until further notice.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/police-descend-house-search-boston-bombing-suspect-004709255.html
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:29:07 AM by debbiec »

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 05:05:56 AM »
Say thanks to the cops.

Nish

Nish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:13:50 AM »
One thing I found very interesting: the captured arsehole was not read his miranda rights due to concerns about public safety. I wonder if he's "all wet" right now? And I have zero issue if he is.

Nish

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 09:44:34 AM »
Below is information taken from the FBI website. It speaks of the one exception to the Miranda rule, which is the "public safety" exception.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/february2011/legal_digest

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »
This idiot should not have any rights, Miranda or otherwise. What right did he have to murder people in Boston. He had none and neither did his cowardly brother. They took the oath to be an American citizen a year ago, imagine that and on the anniversary of the 911 terrorist attack. They knew then what they were going to do. These guys were not just little rookie school boys toying around with explosives, they wanted to kill innocent citizens and it didn't matter if it was man, woman or child. Very dangerous individuals. And all the talk of the auntie who thinks they were set up and the mother back in Russia that thinks they were just framed and set up, well this is ridiculous. They had to know what these fellows were up to. We are waiting for this guy to get before a judge and get what is coming to him. I hope he never sees the light of day, ever. I do hope the FBI are looking at others in the country that could have plans for more attacks. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

SAP

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 09:08:35 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/20/tamerlan-tsarnaev-funeral-boston-bomber_n_3123798.html

Death & Dying, forgiveness, Islam, Boston Marathon Bombing, Dzokhar Tsarnaev, Jaweed Kaleem On Religion, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Tamerlan Tsarnaev Burial, Tamerlan Tsarnaev Funeral, Tamerlan Tsarnaev Islam, Tamerlan Tsarnaev Muslim, Boston Bombers, Death, Jahar, Repentance, Religion News
In the days since two deadly bombs and the separate shootings that followed brought Boston to a standstill, the region's Muslim community has loudly condemned the violence and distanced itself from the suspects.

The reasons behind the explosions at the Boston Marathon Monday and the shootings in Cambridge and Watertown, Mass., Friday, which resulted in four deaths and more than 170 injuries, are still unknown. Investigators are working to uncover whether the suspects, Chechen-born, Muslim brothers Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, were lone assailants or trained by a terrorist organization. It also is unclear whether their possible motives were related to politics, religion or, as some reports have suggested, struggles assimilating after immigrating to the United States nearly a decade ago.

But after 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's capture late Friday night, less than a day after his 26-year-old brother died in Friday's shootout, Muslim communities now face a vexing question: Do they accept the men as Muslims despite the allegations against them? If so, will they give Tamerlan Tsarnaev an Islamic burial?

Fearing retaliation, dozens of mosques and Islamic groups have distanced themselves from the brothers after friends and family described them as Muslims, and social media accounts registered in their names indicated they were interested in Islamic Chechen insurgency groups.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older of the two, has been described as more attuned to radical Islamic movements in recent years. Federal authorities are investigating a six-month trip he took in 2012 to Chechnya and Dagestan, Muslim-majority regions in Russia's north Caucasus with militant separatist movements.

"I would not be willing to do a funeral for him," said Imam Talal Eid of the Islamic Institute of Boston, a community services organization that frequently arranges funeral prayers and burials in the region. "This is a person who deliberately killed people. There is no room for him as a Muslim. He already left the fold of Islam by doing that. In the Quran it says those who will kill innocent people, they will dwell in the hellfire."

Imam Suhaib Webb of the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center, the city's largest mosque, said he had not been contacted about a burial. A smaller mosque in Cambridge with the same owners, but a separate administration, the Islamic Society of Boston, confirmed in a statement Saturday that the suspects occasionally attended prayers there. But a representative from the Cambridge mosque said in an email it has had "no contacts or discussion" about a funeral.