Author Topic: Joshua MILLER - 20 - Missing - February 8, 2013 - St John's, Nfld  (Read 27155 times)

EastCoastGirl

Re: Joshua MILLER - 20 - Missing - February 8, 2013 - St John's, Nfld
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »
It's strange... Not only because there's not much attention in the media, but I could never find a Facebook group either. Usually when someone goes missing, especially at his age, a Facebook group is made.. I couldn't find one.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
I wonder if Josh was found, in other words he is no longer missing.  I mean there are no further appeals from the cops or his family for the public's help. 

Perhaps he arrived home safely and his family would just like the matter dropped and forgotten???
Don't know. ???
jb

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
Jellybean: I suppose it's possible. I often share pics of the missing and many times you never hear if they have been found. You have to assume they have been if you never hear about them again.

kMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
Josh has certainly not been found! The media does not do enough to cover this case. It's sad people believe he has been found. The public should be made more aware.

kMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
In regards to his family not looking for him, I can assure you they are.

EastCoastGirl

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
Hi KMiller,

I am wondering if it would be beneficial to open a Facebook group for him. Not only does it put him back in the spotlight (on social media anyways), but we can come together and maybe do our own search for him or SOMETHING. If traditional media isn't paying attention, then maybe we should bring this to social media!

This is so shocking. Newfoundland is small and close knit... one of our own is missing!

kMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »
I would love to do this!

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 04:33:15 PM »
K Miller: I don't think anyone was suggesting that his family wasn't looking for him if he is still missing-only that he may have been found and it wasn't made public. Unless it was on the CBC news site, I would never know.
It's a good idea to start a FB group. If you do-let us know. I don't do pages or open groups but I would be happy to share the link on my wall.

Dulsebunny

• View Profile

SAP

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:19 AM »
Missing Canada Facebook also publicizes Missing Persons and Brian keeps a running commentary of the missing. Just "like" the site to get frequent feedback.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPeopleCanada

That way Joshua keeps getting passed along on everyone's feed who can then "like" and share to their friends and the public. The viewing audience is large, across Canada.

eta: I have sent the following link to Missing Persons Canada FB:

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2013-06-12/article-3274519/Still-no-trace-of-Joshua-Miller-four-months-after-bar-fight/1
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:08:20 AM by SAP »

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
Obviously hes in the woods and the cab driver is a dummy for not reporting it. they may habe been able to find him sooner but with the head injury he probably died in the night.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
I recently started working as a dispatcher for a cab company. The cabbies that I work with - most would not report an incident like that and if they did, it would be because they were stiffed on cab fare and marked as No Service - if we knew who he was. Generally after the bar, we just "FLAG" cars - meaning a generic message to all the cars out that night that there are people at a bar - we don't dispatch individually to a bar in bar hours (just residential addresses).  It very well could be that the driver was holding onto the phone for payment. Drivers where I work are allowed to take collateral.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 03:39:15 PM »
That would make sense, Annastaisha.  Also, unfortunately in this particular case, the cab driver may not have realized he was as badly injured as he was.

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
Ruby - people with head injuries can often be mistaken for being drunk - same symptoms like slurring and incoherent babbling and somewhat odd behavior. You are probably right, the driver may not have even recognized that Josh was injured.

EastCoastGirl

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »
I live in Newfoundland and have been following this missing person report quite closely. I find it SO strange that I never really hear anything about him at all (in the last year). Nothing in the news, on Facebook, etc. We even have mutual friends on FB and nothing....