Author Topic: Joshua MILLER - 20 - Missing - February 8, 2013 - St John's, Nfld  (Read 28253 times)

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile

Besani

• Searching for Kimberly McAndrew! August 12, 1989
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua MILLER - 20 - Missing - February 8, 2013 - St John's, Nfld
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:13 AM »
Whoever kicked him in the head needs to be found and dealt with. Obviously Josh suffered from his injuries and ran off to die somewhere. I think the other person should be charged when Josh is found.

kMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
Things do not add up in this case. More has to be done to find him.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »
After an altercation in which he was reportedly kicked in the head by an assailant outside the Sundance bar, according to friends, Miller was put in a cab by himself.

Surely the cab driver would have been asked where he dropped him off. That would have at least given some idea of where to begin looking.

EastCoastGirl

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
I always thought this case was a little odd. I mean, Joshua apparently had a lot of friends and Newfoundland is pretty tight knit... but there's virtually nothing on him in the last little while. No real updates. I couldn't even find a Facebook group about him AT ALL. I found his FB account and looked around at his friend's accounts, but I didn't really find anything with his picture, information about him missing etc.

I'm sure this isn't the case, but it FEELS like no one really cares? :S

EastCoastGirl

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 04:52:54 PM »
Things do not add up in this case. More has to be done to find him.

Why do you say that KMiller? Btw, I agree! wanting to hear more from you!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »
I found an excellent article - and the reader's comments are worth taking in.   Comment  from a guy who drives cabs. included
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Local/2013-06-12/article-3274519/Still-no-trace-of-Joshua-Miller-four-months-after-bar-fight/1

Still no trace of Joshua Miller four months after bar fight
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:04:12 PM by jellybean »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
Was it confirmed that Josh was put in a taxi and sent home?  Something the same thing happened in PEI a couple of years ago. A man came home on vacation, he was well known and had a professional job. He was quite full that night and he got out of a taxi and was going to his mom's home. He had no sense of direction and they found his body in the water, which was not far from where she lived.  People come very disoriented when intoxicated. Also Joshua had an injury, so he may have gotten out of a cab and could have ended up anywhere. Is there any water around where he would have gotten out of the cab??? He could have been washed away with tides.  So sorry the family has not found any answers to his disappearance.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:58:52 AM by capeheart »

Dulsebunny

• View Profile

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 07:52:25 AM »
Capeheart: It is said that they were searching the area of Stavenger Dr. and Blue Puttee. They don't intersect, though. Stavenger Dr. is a big box store area while Blue Puttee is residential. Lots of woods and several ponds but it's not really near the ocean.
I'm not sure they said exactly where he was dropped off but surely the taxi driver would know.

kMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »
Joshua supposedly hopped the cab in the Stavanger Drive area, running into the woods leaving a fairly new iPhone in the back of the cab yet the cab driver did not report the incident right away. Now any decent person who seen a completely wasted young man run into the woods in the middle of winter wearing little clothing would report that to the police, let alone the fact that he never paid for the cab.
This does not make sense.
Joshua was also training for the police force, and spent years as a cadet officer, so hopping a cab and running into the woods would be completely out of character for him...drunk or not.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »
In addition to being kicked in the head, he may also have been slipped a Micky Finn - or some such drug.  If not - the brain injury resulting to being kicked in the head, might or might not explain his behaviour. 

The fighting outside where he received a bashing might have resulted in him taking some type of drug, thus being somewhat aggressive,  of which his friends will never admit to.

Why this person who kicked Joshua in the head has not been charged.  Cops need witnesses, and they also need to talk to Joshua to confirm it - to lay assault charges.  That would be the first charge.
Therein, if they can prove that the head injury caused his strange behaviour, then further charges can ensue.  However, they cannot find Josh. Perhaps his friends or witnesses are not cooperating with the police ie: the name of the person who kicked him in the head.

If they do find Josh deceased then, an autopsy will show what the cause of death was

Depending upon the outcome, then the correct charges may be laid..

This is in my own humble opinion.

JB

A young man with such promise and still missing is very upsetting indeed!!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:54:41 PM by jellybean »

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:36:53 AM »
I agree K Miller. It does not make sense about the taxi. Was the driver keeping the phone in lieu of payment? If I was in possession of a phone and hadn't been paid, I would be calling all the numbers in it trying to track him down-either for the money or to return the phone. Years ago, my daughter left her phone at a business in another province where she was living. A kind lady found it and called the "mom" number. The driver should have at least contacted the dispatcher with the info that a guy got out without paying. People get charged for it all the time.
Of course, we have no way of knowing what questions the police asked him and how he answered them. Might be a logical explanation.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
something doesnt sit right about that taxi driver.  Was he not bound to let the dispatcher know a cell phone was left in his car.  Was he questioned and his criminal record checked by police, was his log of calls checked.  I am thinking the taxi driver needs to be scrutized a bit more in my opinion.

kMiller

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
New media releases on this case are few and far between, it almost seems like nobody is even looking for Joshua anymore.