Author Topic: Darryl Norman Gundrum ( murdered)  (Read 9072 times)

tootall

• View Profile
Darryl Norman Gundrum ( murdered)
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »
My brother Darryl was murdered in the Edmonton area. No body was ever found. This happened in the late 70's early 80's. The RCMP closed the case many years ago. Talked with the RCMP last year and they said to keep watching the papers as bodies are found all the time. Not quite the answer we were looking for. Darryl also went by the last name of Gunner. He would be 67 years old. I and my family would like to hear any information anyone has. Please leave a post if you have any information
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 11:09:26 PM by tootall »

cana_nomad

• View Profile
Re: Darryl Norman Gundrum
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 05:20:55 AM »
Tootall,

So this would have made him around 20s to 30s when missing?

Did your brother ever do construction type work?  I am thinking of one case in an Alberta town called Tofield where a man was said to have been missing in that time period and his remains were never identified.  There was a composite sketch released of him.  Does this theory fit him?  Is there anything you can tell us about him?

tootall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
We were contacted about that case but it was ruled out. We do not know what Darryl was doing there. He had no contact with any of his family. We do know that he was arrested in Edmonton for narcotics. We were told all charges were dropped. We don't know much more than that. Very frustrating.

tootall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 11:44:58 AM »
Forgot to mention that they know who murdered Darryl. He left the Canada for another country. Has never been arrested. May not even be live anymore.

SAP

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »
Tootall, do you know the country of origin of the suspect? Canada has extradition treaties with 105 countries and I am surprised they didn't pursue that.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=512566

Can you tell us what type of clothing Darryl usually wore, how tall he was, color of hair, etc? Any tattoos? Sometimes when remains are listed, clothing remnants are found as well. Have you searched the list of unidentified remains in Alberta? There are some from near Calgary and also near Edmonton, and some do have facial reconstruction photos.

http://www.albertamissingpersons.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=77

eta: There just seems to be nothing on the Net about him with either last name.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:57:55 PM by SAP »

tootall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
Type of clothing couldn't really tell you. As for tattoos he had love , hate across his knuckles.  I believe he also had a tasmanian devil on his bicep.He had been in a car accident in 1969 in Vernon, BC He had a pin thru his knee and a broken arm. We know he name of the fellow who murdered him. He left for France and there was no extraction with them. I don't if there is now.

SAP

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »
Thank you for that info. Pins and fractures are good indicators when remains are found. I just checked further into the extradition treaty between Canada and France and wonder what use they really are. France does not extradite their nationals and Canada does not extradite to a country which has the death penalty which France must have apparently. Not a wonder the police didn't pursue that then.

tootall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 08:18:08 PM »
Attaching a picture of Darryl that was taken when he was 16 or 17. Maybe someone might remember him.

tootall

• View Profile
Re: Darryl Norman Gundrum ( murdered)
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 10:21:11 PM »
I really couldn't tell you the exact date of his murder. His birth year is 1945. I know almost next to nothing about it, except that there was an informant and that is how the RCMP know he was murdered in the Edmonton area. I am still trying to get more information from the RCMP.I was told the Special Crimes unit to keep watching the papers that remains are found all the time. Since the case is closed there is not much more they will do.

tootall

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
Should be the Major Crimes unit not the Special Crimes Unit.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
Sometimes unidentified remains are found. Maybe looking into the doe network would help. A lot of unidentified persons on that site. :o :o :o :o

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
There is a facebook for a Darryl Gunner - nothing is on it. You might want to leave a message on it, and see what happens.
Good luck.

jb