Author Topic: Catherine Todd Missing from Kitchener, ON. March 18, 2013  (Read 8045 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Todd Missing from Kitchener, ON. March 18, 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »
Catherine Todd is pictured below.

click to enlarge

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:10:25 PM »
wow this is scarey, and to have the nerve to take time and remove a love seat> makes you wonder why?  Did she fight back and his DNA was on it .  Wandering also where her dog is, wonder if the killer took the dog as well?  A lot of wonders here.  Hope the LE solve this one real soon.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:46:11 PM »
I would think her killer knew her and  her apartment in order to be comfortable enough to return and remove the furniture.

kathybarnes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »
sad story but good, quick work. my condolences to Catherine's family and friends.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
Is there any report on how they knew eachother?

me

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »
someone asked about the dog - a previous article in The Record stated that the building superintendant and her boyfriend found the dog when they went to the apartment to check on her.  The dog was alive, but had clearly been left without food & water for several days and had obviously messed in the apartment.  The superintendant said he knew immediately that something was seriously wrong because the dog was her life.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
The suspect, according to his Facebook profile, is the owner of a construction company, and is heavily muscle bound, possibly on steroids by the looks of him, and heavily tatooed. He appears to be obsessed with photographing his body. How Catherine, who may have fallen on hard times after a career as a local pianist, got involved with this young punk, we do not know but all we do know is that it cost her her life. Artists rarelly make much money and it's too bad she couldn't make the rent at her previous apartment. It couldn't have been easy for her to afford living alone and feeding a pet dog too. This fellow has ruined many lives including his own. Condolences to Catherine's friends and family if they happen to read this, on your loss. Catherine seems like she was a wonderful person.

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
Leona your comment confused me< what did I miss, where did you find it that she coulding afford the rent on a prior place etc in your comment?  I reread the thread and still didnt see than in any of them?  Where or what did I miss please?

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »
I just googled the news stories and read what her current and previous land lords and employers had to say about Catherine. I can't recall exactly which news stories.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 04:26:29 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/story/2013/05/17/kitchener-catherine-todd-investigation-ends.html

Police stop searching landfill for Catherine Todd's body

CBC News

Posted: May 17, 2013 1:21 PM ET

Waterloo Regional Police have confirmed they have stopped searching a regional landfill on Erb Street for the remains of Kitchener woman Catherine Todd.

"It's regrettable. It's probably the most exhaustive search in the history of our service." said Waterloo Regional Police Insp. Kevin Thaler.
Search for missing Kitchener woman taking longer than expected

"There was some hope that we would be able to give some closure to the Todd family, but the investigation will continue. The case will go before the courts."

The 48-year-old vanished in March and is presumed dead by Waterloo Regional Police. She was last heard from on March 18 and reported missing by an acquaintance three days later.

Homicide investigators continue were looking for Todd's remains as well as a loveseat that went missing from her Kitchener apartment.

On average 11 officers a day, as well as workers with the Region of Waterloo, have been combing through the landfill for Todd's remains since March 26. Police say they have sorted through about 11,300 cubic metres of waste.

James Parise, 26, faces a second-degree murder charge in connection with Todd's presumed death.

He is scheduled to appear in court again on May 22.